Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So I got my Esper to 19 yesterday. Just doing quests in the 2nd zone and I realized I'm doing quest 2-3 levels beneath me. Fuck how did that happen.

Also, fuck AMPs. I want BINGO or one of those tier 2 assault amps and they are either 50g or 1 plat or higher. dafq
The theorycrafting on Bingo in the Esper class forum concludes the amp is pretty much not worth the APs it cost to slot it. With a 30% Crit rate and a 20% proc rate it will only proc on 6% of your casts and even then if you are at 4 or 5 psi points the proc is wasted.

If the theorycrafting is accurate, it definately isn't worth spending 50+ gold to acquire it.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Hit expert weaponsmith today, at level 36. Honestly felt easier cheaper and faster to level than in any other game I've played. I would say I was able to use what I made more often than in other games as well, being able to craft blues way better than anything I got at the same level.

Thinking about it, the ease of leveling it probably had a lot to do with being able to hit four or five mining nodes every time I logged on at my housing plot.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Hit expert weaponsmith today, at level 36. Honestly felt easier cheaper and faster to level than in any other game I've played. I would say I was able to use what I made more often than in other games as well, being able to craft blues way better than anything I got at the same level.

Thinking about it, the ease of leveling it probably had a lot to do with being able to hit four or five mining nodes every time I logged on at my housing plot.
Be glad you didn't go technologist. Whether it is intentional or a design oversight, there is zero demand for crafted medishots thanks to NPC vendors having them for sale. The cost to purchase one from a vendor is identical to how much the vendor will pay for them. End result is there is no demand for them in the CE.

The only way for there to be a demand for them in the CE is if the vendor sold them for 4x/5x the amount they will buy them for.

As it stands,a player can always buy one from a vendor at the cheapest price possible that never fluctuates based on supply/demand.

IMO vendors should never sell any tradeskills item that a player can make.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Isn't it usually the same with WoW expansions, though? People come back when the expansion comes out, they do everything, get bored, and leave again? That's usually what I did.
Precisely, which is why I said it'll do far less than that ending up probably average but far better than TESO's dismal performance.

So fair to middling... nothing extraordinary but nothing shitty. I really can't think anyone expected more than that honestly. I know I figured it was a typical 3 month mmo for me especially given the hardcore mode of the endgame which I may/may not have time to devote to 40 mans. People always 'say' they want harder games just like they always 'say' they want sandboxes or 100% PvP-centric games, but when they are released they don't support them for any length of time because they are too hard and not directed enough for most folks.

But right now it's decent fun, see lots of people on Caretaker so I don't think about the population numbers barely a month out yet. People quit but it's not like you really notice them yet, especially if you're doing queues. PvP queues are still long.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Be glad you didn't go technologist. Whether it is intentional or a design oversight, there is zero demand for crafted medishots thanks to NPC vendors having them for sale. The cost to purchase one from a vendor is identical to how much the vendor will pay for them. End result is there is no demand for them in the CE.

The only way for there to be a demand for them in the CE is if the vendor sold them for 4x/5x the amount they will buy them for.

As it stands,a player can always buy one from a vendor at the cheapest price possible that never fluctuates based on supply/demand.

Are power cores a viable money maker?

Xevy

Log Wizard

Make refined starshard cores. Profit.

I've only tanked Vet adv's and Stormtalon Vet as a warrior with 45khp, 1100support power, 15% deflect, 55% resistance, yada yada, but I can neither take damage as well or keep aggro as well as our stalker tanks. I mean I'm in full 49 blue gear crafted to my specificity. I use T8 Menacing, T8 Polarity and T4 Jolt with Atomic Surge, Plasma Blast, and Kick. I don't have powerlink on my Tank because I was dying too much and our DPS steals aggro as is.

Main problem aggro wise is AE pulls where DPS goes fucking ham on shit early and atomic surge is down or polarity doesn't hit two targets b/c of spread. Main problem is our engineer who does 4k+ dps in Vets. Not to mention his bots and all the dumb shit they do.

Then again our healer has been undergeared medic and a decently geared spellslinger, so maybe we just need a good esper or geared medic. During the Stormtalon fight I only get hit by his tele for 9kish and dodge 90% of everything else, but our healer couldn't keep me up.

Fuck stalkers. They need to make our bolstering strike mirror Nano Field and I'll be happy. Unfortunately they'll just probably nerf aggro from self healing/shielding which will break everyone.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are power cores a viable money maker?
I was too slow! Yes. Refined Starshards sell for 2.5gp ish each and cost on our server about 1.2gp to make if you buy every mat.

If you're wondering why a lvl 49 blue core is worthwhile for people to use.... well, you can dig a little deeper to find that out.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider

Maybe it changes when you get higher, but through level 22, all of my characters have had more medishots than they could possibly need. You get them frequently from the loot bag in challenges, so I've really never had a need to buy any from the venders or the CE. In fact, I've had to sell some to make room in my inventory.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Maybe it changes when you get higher, but through level 22, all of my characters have had more medishots than they could possibly need. You get them frequently from the loot bag in challenges, so I've really never had a need to buy any from the venders or the CE. In fact, I've had to sell some to make room in my inventory.
Im at 37 and I still have multiple different kinds of medishots. That's mostly because I basically never use them though.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
What kind of mouse do you use? I have the naga and have my jump, sprint, dodge bound to 10,11,12 on the mouse(I'm a palm dragger).
I'll second this, I have sprint and jump bound to my mouse (I use a trackball with a couple extra buttons) I do keep dodge on my Nostromo though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game is dead. Just today I couldn't log in because I had to run errands. Expect F2P within the week.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loving the game but get a "memory could not be read" error like 15-20 times a day. Sometimes I can play for 15 minutes, sometimes 30. Apparently it's something they are working on fixing.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The bans have come.

Just posted this on our main forums:

We left out a key patch note the other day:
  • We?ve added additional logging and hack/bot detection into WildStar
The first round of mass bannings for hacking/botting will happen tonight. Thousands of accounts will be banned based on log crawls and cheat detection.

We?ve already banned numerous accounts over the last weeks based on player reports and GM investigations.

Thousands of other accounts are on a watch list ? we?re actually pretty sure they?ve been hacking/botting. In the interest of limiting banning potential innocents, we will be looking at past logs and monitoring future behavior to see if it?s repeated and ban accordingly.

Now, what will happen over the next few days:
  • Some folks will post over the next few days saying they were inappropriately banned. They?ll fall into three categories:
  1. Many were actually hacking, and will stay banned.
  2. Some won't know they were hacking but their accounts were compromised and have been used for gold farming. We will resolve these issues on a case by case basis. PLEASE consider enable two-factor authentication, this is way more common than you?d think.https://forums.wilds...g-your-account/.
  3. It's possible some weren?t hacking and were caught in the sweep by accident. We?ll work to resolve those cases if they happen. Based on the reports, this shouldn?t be a category ? but errors can happen, and in the interest of transparency, if it happens we?ll investigate and use that to refine our searches further.
  • We?ll also be further scrubbing the logs to get the next batch of folks. And the next.

We?re also in the process of adding further click-and-report functionality to make it easier to report folks, and we?re working to automate as much of this as possible. There is no exact ETA on this, but it?s in the hopper.

After we ban the first batch, more will come back and their scripts and such will improve. Our logging will improve, and report tools will improve, and we?ll keep fighting this fight.

(An aside, from a place of honesty here - I sincerely don?t understand the player that tries to level up by AFK botting - they make instanced Battlegrounds less fun, and we?re going to ban healthy percentages of them. This wastes money and time (both ours and theirs). And pisses you, the honest player, off. Lose-lose-lose. That being said, I don?t gotta understand the reasons behind such actions ? they?re still going to get banned, we?re going to focus heavily on those going forwards.)

(Gold farmers I hate too, but at least I can understand the reasons behind their actions. They?re trying to make money by spamming, ripping off accounts, and gold, and wasting our support/dev time, which is unethical and borderline evil but at least rational. I really suggest not buying gold from them if you actually care about such things).

In any case, we devs have been playing a lot of WildStar too, and have been annoyed as well by farmbots starting to appear at mining nodes, and by folks mucking up battleground games by AFKbotting.

Both suck, and while there will be many stages to the war against these kinds of folks, it?s a battle that has to be fought even if it?s a distraction from what we?d rather be doing - adding content, fixing bugs, and making the game better. We'll keep doing that as well despite the distraction.

Anyhoo, this is the first wave of what I?m sure will be an ongoing battle. I don?t guarantee
perfection, but I do guarantee we?ll do our part in the fight. As for what you can do: if you keep reporting we?ll keep banning.

Thanks -
-jg

Radge_sl

shitlord
The bitching and moaning has already started on Reddit and Official Forums. Its fantastic, botters claiming they were banned for "mods downloaded from Curse". Yeah, sure thing buddy...

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The bitching and moaning has already started on Reddit and Official Forums. Its fantastic, botters claiming they were banned for "mods downloaded from Curse". Yeah, sure thing buddy...
They should do the same thing Arenanet did when they did their first hacker sweep. When people started complaining about being unfairly banned on Reddit, Arenanet posted that they'd look into any claims that were made, but they would post any evidence they had against you if you were wrong.Thatshut a lot of people up. I believe they still do something similar on their official CS forum.

Syia_sl

shitlord
They should do the same thing Arenanet did when they did their first hacker sweep. When people started complaining about being unfairly banned on Reddit, Arenanet posted that they'd look into any claims that were made, but they would post any evidence they had against you if you were wrong.Thatshut a lot of people up. I believe they still do something similar on their official CS forum.
I was banned without using AHK or anything of the sort. I'd love to see what claims they have against me. Last night I farmed mobs for like 5 hours while chatting with people the entire time.

blank_sl

shitlord
2014 and they didn't bother to put in autoban cheat detection stuff? Yeah we're going to "patch" it and start doing waves of bans. Reminds me of shitty emulators. This game couldn't have been developed any worse, it's like they were so obsessed with copying blizzard they stole everything from 2004 without realizing it was 10 years later.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2014 and they didn't bother to put in autoban cheat detection stuff? Yeah we're going to "patch" it and start doing waves of bans. Reminds me of shitty emulators. This game couldn't have been developed any worse, it's like they were so obsessed with copying blizzard they stole everything from 2004 without realizing it was 10 years later.
rrr_img_69439.jpg