Will Smith n Oscar Town

Jive Turkey

Karen
we can see when smith walks away that he has the remnants of a smile on his face. i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if smith had his big dumb smile going while walking up to chris. almost as if will hadn't decided if he was going to make a joke back to chris into the mic or hit him right up until his arm was swinging
And then when the embarrassment set in and he felt the tear coming on, he tried to cram them back down by shouting in the loudest voice he could muster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Part of me feels like this is just an orchestrated distraction, world going to shit, 10 people are fucking the economy because they need another billion this month but look over here at this celebrity hitting a comedian for a joke...

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
People calling him a hero and respecting him standing up for his wife are such morons. You can’t make a joke at all these days in any form.

I don't care about his wife or him standing up for her. Whatever empathy I've got for the guy and his situation is in spite of his completely retarded family. Sure he's rich and has everything, but he's also a human cracking under the pressure and all the bullshit.

I'm sure he'll be fine either way, not like Hollywood is going to level repercussions at one of their golden boys who has spent decades building a reputation as a Harmless Black Man.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Come on bro, Will Smith can easily bang tons of women and I guarantee you he was.
Yeah but

1648504434582.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I feel bad for Lupita Nyongo. You can see the moment her soul momentarily leaves her body after the second "fuck". For split second, her eyes drift off into the distance as if her subconscious was like "I'mma head out"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
lol, i think you are stoned. you can see all three sets of their irises. maybe they are smaller because the camera flash closes your irises to prevent light from blinding you.
Bro, you see MORE iris when there's bright light. It's your pupils that get smaller

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
While he never should have been slapped to begin with, Chris Rock just took it like a bitch. I mean it's fairly obvious that Chris has never been Mr. Tough Guy, and quite literally uses comedy as a defense mechanism, but to just take that... It probably would have been the absolute wrong response, and there is a good chance Will Smith might be able to beat my ass, but no way I wouldn't have grabbed his arm as he turned, and pulled him back into a mean right hand. Maybe that just runs in my family, we are fairly good at putting up with bullshit, but if someone escalates to physical violence, it's like flipping a switch, and we go from zero to "it's you or me, and if it's me I'm taking a piece of you with me" in a second. Probably not a super healthy response in modern times.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
While he never should have been slapped to begin with, Chris Rock just took it like a bitch. I mean it's fairly obvious that Chris has never been Mr. Tough Guy, and quite literally uses comedy as a defense mechanism, but to just take that... It probably would have been the absolute wrong response, and there is a good chance Will Smith might be able to beat my ass, but no way I wouldn't have grabbed his arm as he turned, and pulled him back into a mean right hand. Maybe that just runs in my family, we are fairly good at putting up with bullshit, but if someone escalates to physical violence, it's like flipping a switch, and we go from zero to "it's you or me, and if it's me I'm taking a piece of you with me" in a second. Probably not a super healthy response in modern times.
That would have been absolutely embarrassing to get into a fight on national tv. He did the best response he could have in the circumstance.

• 19Like
Reactions: 18 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
My favourite part of all of this is how his fucking idiot son almost couldn't wait to distill the notion of violence being a learned behaviour passed down from fathers into a single tweet

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My favourite part of all of this is how his fucking idiot son almost couldn't wait to distill the notion of violence being a learned behaviour passed down from fathers into a single tweet

“We” my ass lol

1F09D5BC-9B4D-43D1-94B7-17AA21F3CACF.jpeg

That’s one of the more masculine pics I saw too.

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

One million likes on that tweet

At this rate, Idiocracy's prediction of the state of society "500 years in the future" might be true in 50.

• 6Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, it's tough having a net worth of $350 million and living in a fantasy land life. Banging whomever you feel like in an open relationship and having a comedian say something trivial about your midget whore Hollywood wife was just too much to bear, super stressful.

Good post. There's a whole politics thread you're welcome to join as well!

People changing avatars really messes me up...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
One million likes on that tweet

At this rate, Idiocracy's prediction of the state of society "500 years in the future" might be true in 50.
Definitely closer to 50. Today I left work and our security guard, the one person that every person who comes to our building sees, 100s of people in and out all day, was just happily playing Nintendo Switch at her desk. The first thing a client sees when they come into the building. I see dumber and dumber shit every day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user