Will Wight

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Called in sick...that's a damn shame. But I have like 5 weeks worth of time! I'm so excited!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just finished it, excellent as usual. Except for the ending, the term of which I use loosely. Basically just ended mid book

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What in the living FUCK kind of ending was that!!!? The publishers must be responsible.

No fuckin way he should have lost to Yerin.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What in the living FUCK kind of ending was that!!!? The publishers must be responsible.

No fuckin way he should have lost to Yerin.
Well she did have to trigger the binding of an Archlord weapon and touch the way (which is a bullshit plot lever) in order to beat him by the slimmest of margins

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well she did have to trigger the binding of an Archlord weapon and touch the way (which is a bullshit plot lever) in order to beat him by the slimmest of margins

Thank You! I thought her touching The Way was sooo corny. Especially since he was putting in crazy amounts of training as usual. I expected them both to "pull out a cannon" somewhere, but I REALLY hated that. At least he has Northstriders attention. Imagine that. From literally the lowliest of humans on the planet to having Northstrider snatch you up by the throat!

Also...Will Wight really listens. He knew that the Sword Sage being taken down so easily was a WTF to his readers. 1st chapter. Let's fix that.

I haven't looked forward to book releases this much since the early Rober Jordan books.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thank You! I thought her touching The Way was sooo corny. Especially since he was putting in crazy amounts of training as usual. I expected them both to "pull out a cannon" somewhere, but I REALLY hated that. At least he has Northstriders attention. Imagine that. From literally the lowliest of humans on the planet to having Northstrider snatch you up by the throat!

Also...Will Wight really listens. He knew that the Sword Sage being taken down so easily was a WTF to his readers. 1st chapter. Let's fix that.

I haven't looked forward to book releases this much since the early Rober Jordan books.
What bothered me about the sacred valley draining power above jade is that if that’s the case, why wasn’t Li Markuth effected? Or Yerin when she became low gold?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure how he wraps this up in less than 5 more books.
He had said he was going to take each of his series to a point where they naturally merge, so maybe the 5 is just to the point where they leave cradle

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What bothered me about the sacred valley draining power above jade is that if that’s the case, why wasn’t Li Markuth effected? Or Yerin when she became low gold?

Oooo. You're right. Assuming he is powerful enough to get off Cradle it may be that he just wasn't drained fast enough before Suriel took care of him? Orthos seemed drained pretty quickly though. Maybe he was once a sacred beast? Bat wings and all that. It may not effect him. Just spit balling there. Who knows.

Yeah you're right regardless. But at least it's a quick fix if that comes up.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oh! And while I know your're looking at this thread Ritley Ritley

Cradle is special to the Abidan? Or just another world? They perpetually pushing out strong beings?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah Suriel has had internal monologues early on about the importance of Cradle, that it produced more Abidan than any other iteration.

Rime

<Donor>
I am not sure how I feel about the ending. It felt very, very rushed. The novel as a whole did. Only the last two battles were really fleshed out at all, which is a disappointment.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I am not sure how I feel about the ending. It felt very, very rushed. The novel as a whole did. Only the last two battles were really fleshed out at all, which is a disappointment.

100k word limit each book I just read. He's got too many arcs going for such small novels at this point. He originally had it set for 12 books. It will feel REALLY rushed from now on. I think Sanderson had 1 book go 1200 pages?

Also. I just went in paid for this book. (I have Kindle Unlimited) He went over his figures on how much he makes. 50-65k a year after everyone gets paid. As much entertainment I get from these books, I can spare 7 bucks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
100k word limit each book I just read. He's got too many arcs going for such small novels at this point. He originally had it set for 12 books. It will feel REALLY rushed from now on. I think Sanderson had 1 book go 1200 pages?

Also. I just went in paid for this book. (I have Kindle Unlimited) He went over his figures on how much he makes. 50-65k a year after everyone gets paid. As much entertainment I get from these books, I can spare 7 bucks.
If you want to give him money, the best method is to read it on KU and then buy it. Since you were going to buy it anyways, might as well

Rime

<Donor>
I tend to buy books from Indie authors significantly more than I would buy from, say, an established author.

Will Wight has gotten money from me for each book, I have enjoyed them, no qualms about it. Even if I feel that Uncrowned was the weakest book of the series due to it feeling like half of a book.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I thought about this...

WTF did Northstrider put Yerin vs Lindon in the tourney? His hate of dragons? Sophara(sp) can't be touched once they hit top eight? Fury can't either, we know this. Northtrider's plan was to set Lindon (more than likely) to start annihilating dragons?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I thought about this...

WTF did Northstrider put Yerin vs Lindon in the tourney? His hate of dragons? Sophara(sp) can't be touched once they hit top eight? Fury can't either, we know this. Northtrider's plan was to set Lindon (more than likely) to start annihilating dragons?

Eithan probably had something to do with it, he was about to tell Northstrider about Lindon when he got teleported away but then went in search of more veggie wraps to maybe start a conversation.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finished Uncrowned over the weekend. All I can say is that I look forward to these books as much (or maybe more now, with the huge time gap) as new Dresden. Even if they are shorter than I like, or rushed, or end in the middle of a ton of cliffhangers, I still devour these books like nothing else, and I want more and more. Even if they are mostly just different versions of powering up, sort of like collecting rat asses in an MMO, and then later you come back and collect giant rat asses at a higher level. Obviously his books are far more interesting than that, but you get the point. I loved this book, and I can't see myself not loving all the future books too. A lot of series tend to peter out the longer they go on, but these are just as good as the beginning, arguably better in many ways.

I too was disappointed with the ending of the match, but we have to assume there is a reason for it, and that it will be great to read about, so I'm not too salty about it. A little, though.

• 1Like