Will Wight

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The sword sage being beaten by a poison that jades had access to is probably my biggest complaint with the series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
I finished this book in a sitting and started on my re-read of it.

I thoroughly enjoy the Cradle series. It is one of the few series I have not only bought, but I have bought for other people, rather than just giving them a copy of it.

I wish he would just write more of it and skip the other series, but I imagine people who are heavily invested in those feel the same way about Cradle.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I finished this book in a sitting and started on my re-read of it.

I thoroughly enjoy the Cradle series. It is one of the few series I have not only bought, but I have bought for other people, rather than just giving them a copy of it.

I wish he would just write more of it and skip the other series, but I imagine people who are heavily invested in those feel the same way about Cradle.
His books are all in the same universe (like sandersons’ cosmere) and they will eventually be crossing over. They are just in different iterations for now

Rime

<Donor>
I understand that, but the Cradle series just seems so much more... alive than the other two. The Traveler's Gate was bad. The Sea and Shadow was alright - At least the Shadow books. The main character of the Sea series is wholly unlikable.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Man I just powered through Cradle 1-5 in like a week and a half. Was a ton of fun and really enjoyable. But I can’t get 6 on Kindle yet? Guess it was a March release and there is a delay before it is added to Amazon store? So far all I can do is download a sample. Noticed his blog said Cradle 7 would be shortly behind this year, August maybe?

Might have to pick up some of his other stuff even if it isn’t as “good” as Rime seems to say.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man I just powered through Cradle 1-5 in like a week and a half. Was a ton of fun and really enjoyable. But I can’t get 6 on Kindle yet? Guess it was a March release and there is a delay before it is added to Amazon store? So far all I can do is download a sample. Noticed his blog said Cradle 7 would be shortly behind this year, August maybe?

Might have to pick up some of his other stuff even if it isn’t as “good” as Rime seems to say.
I greatly enjoyed House of Blades. Sure, it isn't crack like Cradle, but still worth the read.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ah for some reason I could get Book 6 if I went under the 6 Book Series item in Amazon and grab it. The individual page was only showing up as Sample and Audible, no Buy Now option. Problem fixed. Binge resumes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to derail the thread, since I love the Cradle series, but I truly enjoy reading books with the Qi cultivation aspect of it. Anyone know of any other series like this? (Divine Dungeon series by Dakota Krout is one, and Cultivating Chaos by William D Arand, for some examples)

Obviously I can't just google cultivating qi, because then it comes up with Yoga and gardening books.

Rime

<Donor>
^There are MANY stories like it, but it is the most 'western' one I have encountered. Most are not in English, however. Very popular novel type in China/Korea for boys/young men.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think he motivates himself to write Cradle with each day he delays finishing Elder Empire

Rime

<Donor>
Dude has set up a publishing group, so needs to keep the income flowing in.

Nice dedication to his work and his writing has not suffered for it, if anything, it has gotten better and grown.