Windows 10

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I wound up flat out turning off Windows Update. I'll manually check it whenever I remember and care enough.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
lol windows 7 won't even install properly with 10 on there. I'm 5 minutes away from just wiping the drive and installing ubuntu.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It works now but now windows won't activate and I never got a product key because I originally used the upgrade method. Thanks microsoft for my free upgrade.
if it activated after the upgrade it should now be tied to your hardware not any key. You either have hardware issues or you never properly activated it in the first place.

EDIT I suspect hardware issues since you can't even install 7.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
if it activated after the upgrade it should now be tied to your hardware not any key. You either have hardware issues or you never properly activated it in the first place.

My "hardware issue" is that it's somehow incompatible with the latest windows update. The hardware itself is fine.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Would suck a lot more if my hardware was actually fucked. Dual booting Ubuntu/7 now with no problems after a full wipe so meh. I liked 10 just fine but that shit was a hassle.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah multiple people have had issues with that hardware fingerprint shit. Myself included. I blame China.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Now that I think about it, the activation problem might have been my fault. I think originally I had home but when I reinstalled I did pro. Either way the latest update was hard locking my shit so I can't use 10 any way.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So now that I've switched to 10 and I don't plan to switch back can I toss my Windows 7 install discs or should I still hold on to them?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Actually I don't have a DVD drive anymore. I had to borrow my brothers to reinstall windows 7 when I wanted to do a fresh install. haha

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm now getting "Upgrade to Windows 10" messages on my OS. I'm using Windows 7 and have been happy with it. Is there any reason to upgrade? If it's remotely anything like windows 8 it'll be a giant "nope", but if its actually like a traditional windows OS but with better performance I'd consider it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Unless you screw around with your registstry to disable the notifications might as well get it. Microsoft has changed the "rules" time and time again and at some point you won't be able to opt out any longer at some point unless you edit your registry or other means.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
How much longer until Microsoft goes apple and starts charging for service packs and calling then upgrades?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The day they start selling pads that will be slower over time. Oh. ooooooooh.