Windows 10

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I don't see the need to do a full reinstall. My machine is functioning perfectly with the upgrade. Not a single problem. I know the thinking of it, and I've done it many times in the past, but this time around it doesn't seem necessary.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I didn't bother trying to investigate how the upgrade did in cleaning up if any, but having a clean winsxs folder was one of the main reasons I did a clean install.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Got a problem with the sound. Running an ASUS X99-E WS motherboard with a realtek-something audiochip on it. After upgrading to windows 10 my sound now sounds like its echoing through a tunnel :/ Tried the latest Realtek drivers, but that didnt do anything. Anyone have a clue? Oh and Im running an optical cable for sound.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What component does windows 10 bind itself to? Hard drive? Motherboard? I just overhauled my PC and I'm worried I won't be able to transfer it

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Just upgraded. Everything seems to be working fine. I was confident that at a minimum my Cisco VPN client would be FUBAR post upgrade, but even that's working.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So what's the point of having both IE 11 and Edge available? Also, I noticed there are no "internet settings" for Edge some I'm curious as to what the "behind the scenes" settings are.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So what's the point of having both IE 11 and Edge available? Also, I noticed there are no "internet settings" for Edge some I'm curious as to what the "behind the scenes" settings are.
They have to leave IE for enterprise use. Some corporate portals exclusively use IE and nothing else among other things.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
They have to leave IE for enterprise use. Some corporate portals exclusively use IE and nothing else among other things.
Makes sense considering Edge has no settings. Was wondering how the fuck to tune SSL versions and authentication types if it didn't have settings.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can't get Windows 10 to remember my damn password settings for sign on. Every windows setting and user account setting is set to not require a password (that I can find), but the damn thing still asks on boot or if it goes to hibernate. This is on a Surface 3 Pro for what it is worth. Annoying as hell since I use a last pass long bizarre password that I'll n ever memorize.

Otherwise I like the upgrade all around.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
IE is the only thing that will actually run Battlefield's server browser now that NPAPI is gone from Chrome 45.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK I want to update to the release version on my tablet from Insider Preview Build 10074 before doing my PC - but it's saying it is 'up to date'? Is there a way to force it to upgrade?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Download ISO and install it w/ Rufus or another USB driver maker or anything of the sort - i think MS has a tool specifically to do that very same thing.

Windows 10

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The only problem is it's a tablet so I have no USB ports, just one micro-usb port and one HDMI port otherwise I would just go that route.

Maybe I need a micro to USB adapter or some dumb thing? bleh.

Loco_sl

shitlord
What component does windows 10 bind itself to? Hard drive? Motherboard? I just overhauled my PC and I'm worried I won't be able to transfer it
Microsoft considers the motherboard to be the computer.

I'm thinking I may hold off on the free upgrade until I get a new mobo/CPU myself.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Microsoft considers the motherboard to be the computer.

I'm thinking I may hold off on the free upgrade until I get a new mobo/CPU myself.
Is there any indication you can't transfer it like you have had to do with OEM licenses forever with a call to MS India... I mean Chicago service?

Loco_sl

shitlord
Is there any indication you can't transfer it like you have had to do with OEM licenses forever with a call to MS India... I mean Chicago service?
I hope they don't go that route. Maybe since they're pushing for maximum market share now, they'll be more open to transfers.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
This is annoying...

rrr_img_105386.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Bah, I still don't even have an offer to download Windows 10. I "reserved" my copy months ago. Lame. EVery time I check through the icon in the task bar, the only option I have is a button to "notify me when ready".