Winter 2013 Anime Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spring shows look very hit or miss at this point, most of the favorites will be follow-up seasons. I've only been following 4 shows this winter, overall I don't expect that to increase until Summer.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished Darker than Black via Netflix and I really liked this anime. The ending is a little weak but it doesn't change my opinion on the show as a whole. Is Season 2 any good?

Edit: Nevermind..Season 2 is only 12 episodes. That's no big deal. I'm going to watch Xam'd on Netflix first though.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Season 2 was kind of weird if I recall. They had to release some bonus episodes on the DVDs just to explain some things.

EDIT: Err was referring to Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor. Guess that'd be a sequel and not a season 2.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Season 2 of Darker Than Black (Gemini of the Meteor) is really bad, avoid it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Season 2 of Darker Than Black (Gemini of the Meteor) is really bad, avoid it.
I thought it was ok, but having the kick ass protagonist of the first one being an useless angry drunk in the second was really jarring. I think it wouldn't have gotten as much hate if it was completely unconnected to the original darker than black. It had it's moments, like the way the superspeed guy got killed.

Blide_sl

shitlord
I still can't figure out how they managed to omit so much critical background material in the second season. It's pathetic that a four episode OVA was even necessary to explain what the fuck was happening.

With that said, I still think the series is worth watching even if it's just for some of the fight sequences.

Blide_sl

shitlord
The first Tiger and Bunny movie is out now. It's unfortunately not a sequel and just a retelling of the first part of the series. It was still pretty good though. However I'm hesitant to compare it to the series at this point.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Unicorn 6 is finally out. It was such a tease since the final episode won't even come out for a year. I guess they're trying to make the 35th anniversary a big year since Gundam: The Origin comes out next year as well.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? is only 10 episodes? WTF.
I said the same fucking thing. Unbelievable. That was one of the better shows, too.

I could understand if they were bringing it back next season for a new arc or something, but damn.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of my favorites as well. They must've been working with a pretty low budget. I hope sales are good and we see more.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was ok, but having the kick ass protagonist of the first one being an useless angry drunk in the second was really jarring. I think it wouldn't have gotten as much hate if it was completely unconnected to the original darker than black. It had it's moments, like the way the superspeed guy got killed.
No no, season 2 should have been aborted. They fucked everything up with removing hei's powers. It was like...why even bother?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Took me a while to realize Yuusha was just like Spice/Wolf. Too lazy to wiki and seeif made by the same people.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Heh, Shinsekai Yori ended up right where I expected. It was an entertaining run overall, although I felt it kind of wandered around too much in the middle.

The last episode has a gigantic plot hole that really bugged me though
oh noes, I killed kiroumaru, time to auto-die for killing a queerat..... didn't you just kill his entire fucking army 3 episodes ago ?! ;p

T-rex_sl

shitlord
agreed. it started more strongly than it finished, but overall it was pretty good.

i assumed that he only disarmed the other army, not actually killed them