Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i'm really liking wizard barristers, buddy complex and witch craft works this year.

only up to like episode 8 or 9 on kill la kill

i like HxH too and am on like episode 45.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
20+ episodes into Log Horizon and peoplejustrealized it isn't like SAO? holy shit dude.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
20+ episodes into Log Horizon and peoplejustrealized it isn't like SAO? holy shit dude.
Dont be dumb, should i have posted it 10 weeks ago?

Anyways i disagree with Cecil- the main character is extremely annoying and pretty oblivious too.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Log Horizon - I LOVE the main character.
frown.png
Super Japanese mmo batman? More please.

Kill la Kill - I don't get the love for this show. The animation is top notch but holy shit the story and characters are so bad/stupid(imo).

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yep, while Kill la Kill may have epic music and animation it just isn't there story wise in comparison to TTGL. But it is more then watchable.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm a sucker for stories taking place in bleak or straight up dystopian settings. The last thing I watched was Darker than Black, can someone recommend me another series like that? I'm up to date on Titans already.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm a sucker for stories taking place in bleak or straight up dystopian settings. The last thing I watched was Darker than Black, can someone recommend me another series like that? I'm up to date on Titans already.
Casshern Sins is a good one.
Claymore is also good.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Dark in setting or dark in storyline ? Because darker than black isn't a particularly bleak setting.

If it's dark storyline, try some of the Urobutcher's finest like Puella Magi Madoka ( you may wonder if I am crazy when watching the first episode - it's a trap ! ;p ) or Fate Zero, also contenders are Death Note and Code Geass.

If it's dark setting, for worlds that are shitheaps, try Here and There, Now and Then or, as previously mentioned, Casshern Sins.

For more recent stuff, Psycho-Pass and Shinsekai Yori are probably worth a look.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Black Lagoon

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll give them a look. I've seen the very popular series like Death Note and Black Lagoon already, plus a fairly weird one called Texhnolyze. More recently I've watched Psycho-Pass and another show about some guy with memory loss who comes to a fucked up city, only to find out later he's actually an angel and the creator of the city he just got to. Or something.

Dark in setting or dark in storyline ? Because darker than black isn't a particularly bleak setting.
If I had to be a bit more precise, I'm more intereseted in people dealing with troubled worlds; instead of stories about troubled people. Although they usually end up getting fucked anyways.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yay, log horizon season 2. I'm looking forward to it. Last few episodes weren't as good as the 20 first, but there is hope still.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looking ahead to Spring I'll probably check out the following:

Atelier Escha & Logy ~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi~
Black Bullet
Blade & Soul
Break Blade
Captain Earth
Dragon Ball Kai (Majin Buu Saga) - just cause
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Hitsugi no Chaika
M3 ~Sono Kuroki Tetsu~
Mekaku City Actors
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Seikoku no Dragonar
Sidonia no Kishi

* - Yes I am basing these purely on the limited anichart descriptions. At least it looks like it won't be a lull season.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Wasnt Break Blade allready released? The description makes it sound like the old series released. Hopefully they will be continuing the story from the first 6.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Psycho Pass also worth a watch.