Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, it isn't available in the US for 12 to 24 hours.... FUUUUUU

Next season of anime looks to be full of giant robots. I'm in.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the link but I'll wait to watch it in glorious 1080p on my plasma. Kill la Kill deserves best viewing quality.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Just watched the final Kara no Kyoukai movie.

God damn, that was such an amazing series. Probably the best set of anime movies I've ever seen and absolutely gorgeous to boot.
I was thinking, 'What, how hasn't he seen that yet ? It's from 2009 !

Then I checked and became very happy when I found it's a new one ;p

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Crunchyroll has KLK now. I get goosebumps every time I watch the dual god transformation.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Woo. Sailor Moon reboot set to debut July of this year. Yeah, it's not winter. Got a problem with it? Want to fight about it?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Woo. Sailor Moon reboot set to debut July of this year. Yeah, it's not winter. Got a problem with it? Want to fight about it?
rJ1oyHu.jpg

Also KLK 22: 11/10 best episode ever etc etc

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We already have a sailor moon remake for the modern age, it is called kill la kill.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
We already have a sailor moon remake for the modern age, it is called kill la kill.
Nah, Kill La Kill is Utena. Ryouko = Utena, Mako = Wakaba (duh), Satsuki = Anthy who ignores the "passive" part of "passive-aggressive", Student Council = uhm, Student Council & Raygo = Akio.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So Log Horizon - when will it have its first good fight? I like the concept of creating something unique in the "mmo" world that wasnt there prior but otherwise this is just an above avg fantasy anime. I remember earlier on people were comparing it to SAO but uh, hell no. Half of us dont need these constant mmo mechanic explanations as is so its not like it "deepens" the world any to have common game logic explained every other episode or so.

Perhaps im bitter because Kingdom is over and the Last Ippo fight was dull as fuck compared to Takamura's season 2 bloodbath.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So Log Horizon - when will it have its first good fight? I like the concept of creating something unique in the "mmo" world that wasnt there prior but otherwise this is just an above avg fantasy anime. I remember earlier on people were comparing it to SAO but uh, hell no. Half of us dont need these constant mmo mechanic explanations as is so its not like it "deepens" the world any to have common game logic explained every other episode or so.

Perhaps im bitter because Kingdom is over and the Last Ippo fight was dull as fuck compared to Takamura's season 2 bloodbath.
Agree. It's no SOA. Not even the same class.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Dunno, I'll take world building over weird brocon subplots and "sorry guys, but I have GM powers!"

Though I will agree Log Horizon is seriously lacking in the good fight department. These guys are some badasses and they mostly fight trash =/

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

I don't think there's going to be one. This isn't mostly about fighting stuff though that does happen.

I personally appreciate the world building with it. Yes it's not SAO(which I like) nor does it try to be.

That dude giving the princess a hard time, I was wondering where Krusty was and why he hasn't already put a boot up that guys ass(sniffing her hair? that's not creepy as shit..)

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SAO was better in a few respects then Horizon but they aren't trying to do the same thing at all here. Log Horizon wins in the world building department as it's simply far more rich and in depth. There is much more focus on strategy and the social aspect in this unique world that is in Horizon vs. SOA, which mostly concentrated on intense hack and slash moments involving the protagonist alone.

I loved SAO when it was out and didn't expect another anime to come out to handily beat it in many respects but this one did. The kind of battle they are having right now is not only far more unique and original then what you'd expect but I'm actually finding it quite entertaining. I hope Minori doesn't go over party roles again but only took a few seconds of time and I can get over it.

Edit:

Also Magi had another solid episode. That punk Hakuryu not answering the call by Ren was slightly unexpected but further cements the fact that he's about to do something terrible.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
LH has too many cliche characters for me. Its not a bad series its just full of cliche's and typical mmo standards being explained over and over again. I like the type of smart battles but i'd like a little more action in my mmorpg worlds.