Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sekai Seifuku might be one of the best animes of the season. Hard to tell just yet, but yeah.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Nisekoi- Awesome, maybe the best comedy/romcom this season.
No-rin- Another Agricultural show, but with more comedy. Pretty good.
Wake Up, Girls!- Idol group show. So-so.
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda- Pretty damned awesome, lots of potential.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love crunchyroll. I have eight plus shows I'm following and I am able to watch them in beautiful HD on my tv. Well worth seven bucks.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil- Another people with powers/magic show, but with Lawyers! Pretty good action & animation.

Just one more new show to go -Inari, Konkon, Koi Irohaon Wednesday.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Sekai Sufuku - interesting, will check a few more

Space Dandy - noope

Mahou Sensou - occasional flash of interesting, but didn't really make any sense. I might check some more if it gets good reviews from others.

Nobunagun - wow, that escalated quickly ;p I'll check out a few more solely on the basis of the maniacal cackling while mowing things down with an autocannon. Also, how many other shows have Jack the Ripper and Gandhi teaming up to fight giant monsters ? ( this gets second place for most bizarre setting of the season ).

Nobunaga - To my surprise, not actually the same one as the previous one, but *this* one is the definitely the most bizarre setting. Nobunaga, Joan of Arc and Leonardo da Vinci team up to fight evil in feudal japan ? I thought it was ok, but not great, will probably check out some more.

Witch Craft Works - uh, I am not really sure where they are going with this. On the fence.

Buddy Complex - shows the most signs of having an interesting story from the first episode, and nicely drawn and animated. Will check a few more. Bonus points for apparently immediately jettisoning the high school setting. Double point penalty if they bring it back somehow.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, totally sold on Buddy Complex with ep 2.

Why? Ballistic weapons and damage, no BEAM SPAM everywhere. Fucking cannons! Sunrise's animation is really shining here. It also has a bit of a Super Robot Wars feel.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So... without spoiling much, does SAO get any better? After 8 Episodes I find the main character incredibly boring because he's way too OP.
dude needs to be nerfed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So... without spoiling much, does SAO get any better? After 8 Episodes I find the main character incredibly boring because he's way too OP.
dude needs to be nerfed.
wow if you're not drawn in by eps 8... might not be for you then

So I'm watching Horizon to the middle of Nowhere. Wtf is this?
did you confuse Senjou no Horizon with Log Horizon?

Log Horizon is the current "horizon" anime i guess, it's basically MMO'ish

Senjou No Horizon is a really weird series about ppl enacting old wars in flying space ships cuz the world is gone and that's how they do it to get it back?...

but once you get immersed in the world it's a good series imo, the Horizon in this series, refers to the girl... or fem-bot.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The preview description I read of Buddy Complex did not seem to match up with the actual anime, so after initially passing I'll likely be watching it now. Also giving Wizard Barristers a 3 episode trial (no pun intended).

Needless

Toe Sucker
wow if you're not drawn in by eps 8... might not be for you then
I guess not heh, I guess i just don't find watching a guy always win everything with little effort very entertaining :X
Oh well, i'll try watching more log horizon instead.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I guess not heh, I guess i just don't find watching a guy always win everything with little effort very entertaining :X
Oh well, i'll try watching more log horizon instead.
umm maybe not more log horizon... i mean shiro is like beyond OP
has like has legendary loot and spells (his signature root/thorn damage spell is legendary), max level, a master strategist, a born leader and everyone loves him.

velk

Trakanon Raider
dude needs to be nerfed.
IMO episode 3 was the high point of the series, so if you don't like it by 8, ditch it and don't look back ;p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3-7 were the side stories written in later volumes and had to be crunched into set amount of episodes and a lot of the gamer-focused details were never mentioned. For example, having a monolith with the names of the fallen to check if someone is dead, but then there's more than one may to spell a name.