Winter 2014 Anime Thread

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Fate Zero is so good. You might also like the 3 Berserk: Golden Age movies.

EDIT: Claymore is good too.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Clearly the answer is Girls und Panzer. Or Utena.
Or both.

Anyway, speaking of Utena, KLK 16 was the best recap/infodump since episodes 33/34 of that show.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That special mother/daughter scene in KLK 16 reminded me that anime is definitely not aimed at kids in Japan.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That special mother/daughter scene in KLK 16 reminded me that anime is definitely not aimed at kids in Japan.
Actually the Japanese are a lot less puritanical when it comes to depicting sexuality at preteens/teens. A lot of shonen manga is very sexualized (fan service etc.) such as Kenichi and more recently Fairy Tail.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Actually the Japanese are a lot less puritanical when it comes to depicting sexuality at preteens/teens. A lot of shonen manga is very sexualized (fan service etc.) such as Kenichi and more recently Fairy Tail.
Cheesecake and fan service are normal, yes. A mother getting her daughter off in the bath? Not quite as common.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
What shows do you suggest for someone who doesn't generally watch anime but recently binged on Attack on Titan and now is thirsting for more?
Attack on Titan is pretty huge and pretty popular even with people who don't watch anime. I disagree with most of the shows people are posting as they are, imo, pretty "anime" (fate/zero, Claymore, Basilisk, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and pretty much everything else listed. :| ). I do agree with black lagoon and with the berserk movies for the most part but those are not going to be anything like Attack on Titan.

We need more to work with. Pick something someone has suggested, watch what you can and come back with an opinion. Getting someone into anime makes me rock hard but you can fuck it up real quick by tossing shit like Claymore out there.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some solid suggestions already, not sure what else to add right now. Only thing I can come up with isPsycho-Pass, which is good.

Joe_sl

shitlord
Watch Initial D. The music and absurd car physics in it makes it a must watch for everyone.
biggrin.png

That Mushishi OVA that just came out was dope. This anime just really sets a nice tone. Its so engrossing lol.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Okay this is either KLK explained or the ravings of a paranoid schizophrenic:

(Spoiler mainly for size - there's not actually anythingnewin it)
ibyUg3dSrP8i8I.jpg

Of course, given that it'sGainaxTrigger, it's likely to beboth.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What shows do you suggest for someone who doesn't generally watch anime but recently binged on Attack on Titan and now is thirsting for more?
If what you enjoyed was it's kind of it's logical realism within it's own world (As in, it followed it's own world's rules)? Watch berserk, you'll enjoy it. Also Code Geass if you wanted to try a mecha.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
If what you enjoyed was it's kind of it's logical realism within it's own world (As in, it followed it's own world's rules)? Watch berserk, you'll enjoy it.
Not the movies, please.

Okay this is either KLK explained or the ravings of a paranoid schizophrenic:

(Spoiler mainly for size - there's not actually anythingnewin it)
ibyUg3dSrP8i8I.jpg

Of course, given that it'sGainaxTrigger, it's likely to beboth.
Wouldn't doubt it. Me reading up on the thought process behind TTGL after watching it...

blown+mind.jpg

I expected no less from Gainax and KLK.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
imo attack on titan is an action drama anime that takes itself pretty seriously. so if you're into that I recommend ghost in the shell series/movies, death note, original hellsing, cowboy bebop, original berserk.