Winter 2015 Anime Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you want sports anime and consider Chess a sport, (in this case asian chess, yes it's different and called GO/weiqi, but it's for context) more like competition anime.

Hikaru no Go

The characters, the animation (at the time, it was tops, still keeps up), the god damn music, no the god damn fight/competition magic

God damn, the music.

Also, winter is coming to a close, and i haven't watched anything besides aldno Zero, and avoiding this thread (cuz of spoilers), now wife and i want to catch up.

Recommends?
Haikyuu, hands down best sports anime I've ever seen.

As to what to watch, Death Parade, is all I'd recommend for new to winter anime.

Ongoing, make sure you're watching Parasyte, Nanatsu no Taizai, Cross Ange, Gundam Build Fighters Try (if you saw the original), and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Maybe Log Horizon. Also Sailor Moon if your wife is into that kind of thing.

If you like Chess anime, you would probably like Chihayafuru. It's an anime about karuta.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Haikyuu, hands down best sports anime I've ever seen.

As to what to watch, Death Parade, is all I'd recommend for new to winter anime.

Ongoing, make sure you're watching Parasyte, Nanatsu no Taizai, Cross Ange, Gundam Build Fighters Try (if you saw the original), and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Maybe Log Horizon. Also Sailor Moon if your wife is into that kind of thing.

If you like Chess anime, you would probably like Chihayafuru. It's an anime about karuta.
Chihayafuru, sucked, zero character growth, and the guys are the worst part, even through the manga, just bleh.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did Cross Ange just fucking have a huge timeskip or something? Also, how the hell is her guard/knight alive? I am soo damn confused now...
Yeah I just got caught back up and that was a pretty big WTF moment for me as well. Then they showed Momoko alive with the frying pan saving her, so unless there's some weird explanation later on I suppose they want us to assume that Momoka healed Tusk or something. Otherwise yeah, no real explanation given in the show at all for that. Still good, though!

I am going to be sad when Nanatsu ends, because it has consistently been pretty awesome from the start and beyond.

Siliconemelons

I like anime but I have very odd taste in it... like I enjoyed Knights of Sendoia on Netflix- did I see here there is more than the 1 season? And I dunno why, but I finished Freezing s1 and am watching s2.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also, winter is coming to a close, and i haven't watched anything besides aldno Zero, and avoiding this thread (cuz of spoilers), now wife and i want to catch up.

Recommends?
Parasyte. I doubt you'd be too depressed by missing any of the others. If you need more than one to watch, death parade and cross ange maybe ?

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Parasyte.
biggrin.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Parasyte was damned good. That could've been the ending right there. One more episode to go.
frown.png

Skynet_sl

shitlord
Your Lie in April.

I know now why you cry.

Was I able to live inside someone's heart?

Yes, you were.

Was I able to live inside your heart?

You barged right in without taking off your shoes.

Do you think you'll remember me at least a little?

If I ever forget you, you know you'd come back to haunt me.

You'd better not hit "reset!"

As if I ever would.

Don't forget me, okay?

Okay.

That's a promise, okay?

Okay.

I'm glad it's you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you. Arima Kousei... I love you. I love you. I love you. Sorry I didn't finish all the caneles. Sorry I hit you so much. Sorry I was such a brat. Sorry a million times over... Thank you.

rrr_img_93259.jpg

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Your Lie in April.

I know now why you cry.

Was I able to live inside someone's heart?

Yes, you were.

Was I able to live inside your heart?

You barged right in without taking off your shoes.

Do you think you'll remember me at least a little?

If I ever forget you, you know you'd come back to haunt me.

You'd better not hit "reset!"

As if I ever would.

Don't forget me, okay?

Okay.

That's a promise, okay?

Okay.

I'm glad it's you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you. Arima Kousei... I love you. I love you. I love you. Sorry I didn't finish all the caneles. Sorry I hit you so much. Sorry I was such a brat. Sorry a million times over... Thank you.

rrr_img_93259.jpg
Everyone I know who has watched this has cried, including myself. It's crazy powerful.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Parasyte was damned good. That could've been the ending right there. One more episode to go.
frown.png
They could have ended on that note, but then it would leave the entire Migi situation unresolved. Last episode is going to have quite a few tears, I imagine.

Your lie in april.

even knowing how it would end and the letter because i read the manga, I still started crying again seeing it animated. Best anime of the last two seasons for me hands down. Glad to see he at least has tsubaki at the end, poor kid has lost so much in a very young life.
They have an ova coming out which supposedly will have the miracle ending where she doesn't die. So maybe some happy feelings from that when it is released.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
frown.png
hmm im not familiar with the manga, but i thought it was kinda like a long series? i was expecting more than just 1 season of parasyte tbh (hopefully).

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man I hope you are right because it is a great series, but it really looks to be tying up all the loose ends in this episode and the next =/

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The success of the anime is the quickest way to get a sequel manga written (and thus sequel anime too).