Winter 2016/2017 Anime

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The Funi dub for Railgun is good. The VA Brittney Karbowski imo does a better voice than the seiyu.

I just watched part of a dubbed episode to confirm and she sounds like a bored valley girl. That was horrific. I think you may have a little crush that's clouding your judgement.

There are precisely two anime where the dub is better than the original: Dragonball Z and Cowboy Bebop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, just got caught up on CR. Fuuka is so going to feels stab everyone. Love it. SGRS S2 is awesome, picks up right where it left off. Seiren looks like it will be a good slice of harem. Ao no Exorcist is also good. Still waiting on Super Lovers, Rewrite, and Tales of Zestiria.

As an aside, tried out Masamune-kun's Revenge and Saga of Tanya the Evil. Both seem worth keeping up with. The latter has a kind of fucked up art style. Mixing big round eyed anime with normal eyes in the same series.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The nazi blonde girl show.... oh my she might top Sato from Ajin as my favorite asshole character in recent years if she keeps it up.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You guys know there's another series related to Index called To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, right? It's a different tone, much more lighthearted, and focuses on Misaka as the main character.

There's also a Movie as well.

Yeah but ive read some of the ahead material and the background on Kamijo is very interesting including his power etc - I wish theyd animate it so you can see how badass everyone becomes.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
One by one, I've been watching all of the new shows. I haven't seen any that are "great" yet, but the ones that I've seen so far are worth a second episode to see if it remains compelling.

The one I like the most is probably the new Sega show (probably an anime for an upcoming Video Game). Chain Chronicle - Haecceitas no Hikari. I like it. It's not the individual episode that I liked, but there was a lot of possibility in that episode. A whole group of races and classes. It kind of reminded me a little of Sword Art Online, without being a "Stuck in a game" style show.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gintama is back!

xihg38M.gif

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh lord, save our America from these faithless invaders!!!

Youjo Senki is only show ive seen so far and i like it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched another of the new shows called Fuuka. It's cute. I suspect it will be "the" school dating anime of the season.

Concept is this awkward guy (of course) moves to Tokyo with his 3 sisters because his parents move out of the country for work. In elementary school he was friends with this girl that has gone on to become the #1 singer in Japan. He's also addicted to Twitter and always has his phone in his face. Shortly after getting to Tokyo, he's walking around absorbing the sites, and this girl runs into him. He's holding his phone, so she assumes he's taking up-skirt photos of her, so she smashes his phone. Turns out she's in his new class at the new school.

That's the general idea. It seems decent enough. I can imagine Chys is going to be all in with this one.

There's more, but that's the general concept.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuuka is a troll show, most manga readers bailed after the author's prior work turned into... well... that. The author obviously regretted the series.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Fuuka is a troll show, most manga readers bailed after the author's prior work turned into... well... that. The author obviously regretted the series.

Haha yeah. It's a sequel to Suzuka. If I remember well, that manga ended with teen pregnancy. And the girl in Fuuka is the result from said pregnancy.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ahh, ok then. I've never heard of the previous one.

In other news, I just saw another new show. It happens to be another "school romance" style. It's called Masamune-kun no Revenge.
I like the context of it. There's a kid that used to be fat, but now he's in shape and popular with everyone. Then there's this girl who everyone calls the cruel princess. She's pretty, but a bitch to every guy that comes near her. The ex-fat kid made it his goal to have cruel princess fall in love with him, just so he can shoot her down.

I like the idea. The first episode was decent.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ahh, ok then. I've never heard of the previous one.

In other news, I just saw another new show. It happens to be another "school romance" style. It's called Masamune-kun no Revenge.
I like the context of it. There's a kid that used to be fat, but now he's in shape and popular with everyone. Then there's this girl who everyone calls the cruel princess. She's pretty, but a bitch to every guy that comes near her. The ex-fat kid made it his goal to have cruel princess fall in love with him, just so he can shoot her down.

I like the idea. The first episode was decent.

Show will only be a success if he sticks it in her ass then breaks up with her.

But this is Japan, it'll have some stupid happy ending.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show will only be a success if he sticks it in her ass then breaks up with her.

But this is Japan, it'll have some stupid happy ending.
The girl will win because the guy will end up falling for her, then she will learn that he had all this planned out....and then dump him. Fitting end credits would show the guy getting fat again, then jumping off a roof.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
spoiler for fuuka
music/band show......annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

she dies as they are gettign good, then he meets another fuuka....

• 1Like