Winter 2016 Anime Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I binged on the manga since it's the type of show that could go multiple genre directions but it sticks to the mystery detective theme fairly well. The pacing of the story made it really clear that it's dealing with a limited character set and wouldn't introduce 10 new suspects halfway through.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Overall solid episodes across the board for me. I'm currently watching Ajin, Erased, Rakugo, and Gate, and all have been excellent so far. This might not be exactly on par with the previous summer, but it is making solid strides.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
World Trigger is finally done with the filler arc, time for some rank wars.

This season has turned out to be quite good.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm not sure how Dragon Ball Super is going to continue (anime) since the manga only comes out once per month. At this rate, the anime will catch up to the manga in about 3 episodes (or less) unless there's a ton of filler.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure how Dragon Ball Super is going to continue (anime) since the manga only comes out once per month. At this rate, the anime will catch up to the manga in about 3 episodes (or less) unless there's a ton of filler.
I'm not even watching it until the Dub comes out.

Malakriss

edit: don't quote the damn post if you think it's a spoiler.

also, gfycat tags not working right.

SoftBigHadrosaurus.gif

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
World Trigger is finally done with the filler arc, time for some rank wars.

This season has turned out to be quite good.
I feel quite the opposite. Outside Gate and DW, there are no anime on my must watch this season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm currently watching Gate, Dimension W, Price of Stride (seriously, wtf? I just like Sport based animes), Erased, Haikyuu & Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Malakriss

There may not be a long list of "must watch" shows but there are more decent shows than expected when the infographic was put out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am watching:

World Trigger - Love the manga, anime is following it nicely
Utawarerumono - Really like the MC, and this week the plot bomb just went off
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Excellent period piece about Japanese culture in the years just after WW2
Tabimachi Lateshow - Done now, 4x 8min episodes that stab you in the feels
Sekko Boys - 8min episodes. So bizarre it's actually funny
Phantasy Star Online - On the fence, but it has potential
Mobile Suit Gundam IBO - Great series so far
Konosuba - Danmachi variant with great humor
Haikyu - Project IG sports show. Nuff said.
Gate - It rules
Erased - So good
Buburanki/Buraki - On the fence.
Assassination Classroom - Love the manga sooooo much, anime is following it and has great OP/ED

Stuff I gave up on:

Schwarzes Marken
Aokana
Active Raid

Fadaar

That guy
PSO: I only watched it originally because I think it was one of the first shows of the season to air, but besides the obvious handholding explanations of MMO mechanics and social interactions involved in MMO's (or something, you know what I mean especially after the last episode) it's actually rather decent.