Winter 2018/2019 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Last episode of Fate/Cooking went up, and that was a really fun little series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I just finished watching Shield Hero (link in the previous post).
It's a double episode. 45 minutes long. Lots of character building. The people of this new world are mostly shit, it seems. Gossip is king. Shield hero gets shit on a lot, but holds his own. I like the show so far, and didn't find this longer episode boring at all. Can't wait to see where the story takes me.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Crunchyroll has Shield Hero as well. Not bad, will keep watching this one.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Shield Hero : seems good so far. That chick clearly wants the dick pretty desperately to come up with all of that on the spur of the moment.

Boogiepop : Hmm, didn't really grab me. Has some potential though I guess.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Boogiepop : Hmm, didn't really grab me. Has some potential though I guess.
Sigh. I had high hopes, especially because of Shingo Natsume, but for anyone knowing the source material it's a rush job through the first book that borders on an insult. For anyone new to the franchise it leaves them just confused with a thought of "what's special about this?"

Boogiepop is planned as 18 episodes (which is odd), but would clearly benefit from having more episodes to have more time for character development, especially in the beginning. Production quality doesn't even seem to be that good, and the character designs don't fit the source material. However the OP and ED are good, as is the music.

If you want to watch a grown man with a neckbeard rant endlessly why Boogiepop fails as an adaptation of the source material you should watch Digibro:

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I didn't have too hard a time following Boogiepop after watching episode 2. Will give it a couple more eps, I am at least interested.

Edit: Just finished Shield Hero, looks like it'll be good. It's avoiding that trend lately where the character is OP from the start which is nice. Quick question though, was there not an OP/ED for this? My episode just felt like it abruptly ended though that may have just been how they did it for the start.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Shield Hero was pretty good. Good character building episode.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't have too hard a time following Boogiepop after watching episode 2. Will give it a couple more eps, I am at least interested.

Edit: Just finished Shield Hero, looks like it'll be good. It's avoiding that trend lately where the character is OP from the start which is nice. Quick question though, was there not an OP/ED for this? My episode just felt like it abruptly ended though that may have just been how they did it for the start.
There was no OP or ED that episode. Yeah, the ending was pretty sudden. With how long the episode was, I was surprised that I was like "That's it?!" when it ended.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Shield Hero is going to be some great shit.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Shield Hero is going to be some great shit.

I think it's going to be the best of the season. It was a REALLY good episode. Like Derkon said, I'm glad they are getting away from the OP main character from the start.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Slime returned with a really solid episode. He OP'd the fuck out of the pig demon lord guy. I was happy.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Slimes back yay and shield is the find of the season so far. I liked shield so much i started reading the managa adapation. Boy there is a lot of content in them. It’s going to take a while to get to the meat of the story.

Dororo was realsed today on prime but amazon forgot to add the fucking subtitles argh!

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazon finally got the subtitles up on Dororo, what a great show. Haven’t seen it talked about much here. First episode had the right amount of intrigue and some pretty awesom action.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Mob Psycho had a solid return. Dororo looks good too, will add it.

• 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Why can't I find a single mention of Baki on this forum ? I'm up to episode 8 so far and it's pretty fucking great.

• 1Like