Winter 2018/2019 Anime Thread

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Great Radiant episode today, can’t believe they wasted an entire season to get to the good stuff. Seems to have fallen to way side due to the poor first season but I highly recommend giving it a try. The story is getting pretty good and the humor isn’t bad either. From what I have read the producers decided to make it more palatable to Japanese tastes and ditched a good chunk of the story in the first season but the second actually sticks close to the original manga.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Thursday:

* Dimension High School | It's live action, but also CGI graphics. The 5 guys are pulled into "anime world" by some rock one of them found, and if they solve the riddle, they're back in real life world again. I don't care about this type of show, so I skipped through, then turned it off.

* Girly Air Force | This is some really dumb shit. China (The Xi) has some futuristic planes that don't follow any logic at all, almost like watching a kid playing with a toy fighter jet. But now Japan has something that's the same! But girls have to pilot them. And the planes all glow the same color as the pilot's hair for reasons. What the fuck? First 5 minutes was enough for me to hate this show.

* Go-toubun no Hanayome | This is the Quintuplets show (the cover for this thread). The first episode was weak, but cute at the same time and I kind of like it. It's WAY better than that shit Girly Air Force, that's for sure. 5 wealthy cute girls start at a new school. They have bad grades, so the family gets them a tutor. The tutor is the very poor boy also in class that has immaculate grades and has encountered all 5 of the girls earlier, in one bad experience after another.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you skipped Tsurune and run with the wind you ought it to yourself to watch both. Two beautiful anime.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Friday:

* Boogiepop wa Warawanai | I'm not exactly sure what's going on with this series, but I do like it. 2 episodes in, and there's this female Manticore that's living inside the body of a student at some school. It kills people and eats some of them. There's a guy that's helping her out by luring other girls into the open so it can do what it needs with them. There's another girl that has multiple personalities, and one of them wants to kill the manticore. Lots of shit is going on, but it's interesting enough.

* Egao no Daika | Some 12 year old girl is a queen of her kingdom after the death of her parents. There's a video game where people do virtual Gundam style battles against one another. The show was lame, but the video game gundam style fighting was cool.

* Hinomaru Sumo | Continuing season 1. I really enjoy this show.

* Domestic na Kanojo | Dorky kid with new "cool" look begins high school. He and friends go out to a restaurant with the same number of girls. One is bitchy. He talks to her on the side, and she takes him home to fuck. They were both virgins. Now the cute teacher is also teasing him about being someone she could see herself with. The father decides to get re-married (mom died 10 years ago). The suiter comes to the house with her 2 daugthers. They are the girl the kid fucked as well as the teacher who was joking with him.

* Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka | Magical girl show. It was very bloody and violent. Cutting off limbs and what not. To be honest, the show didn't do much for me, so I'm going to pass on it. You may like it, so give it a shot.

* Grimms Notes The Animation | This is another Magical Girl style show, except the girl... is a boy. Transforms to a magical girl for fights, then transforms back. Go figure. I skipped through this, and don't feel like I missed anything. Very "kid friendly" animation. Every character is cute and happy, even the evil ones. This is a show for 9 year olds.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched every episode on this season of Anime (except for the ones' that were season 2 or extended seasons from last season) and reviewed all of them on the second post in this thread. Feel free to click the up arrow in the quote link to take a look at them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you skipped Tsurune and run with the wind you ought it to yourself to watch both. Two beautiful anime.

Tsurune especially. Not sure if it's done yet or not. Ep 12 just aired, and it didn't do the op/ed stuff last episodes usually do. Would be awesome if it got a 2nd season, but if not next ep should close it out nicely.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw the cover image for Tsurune and assumed it was some Free type shit fanservice. Is it actually a good sports anime?

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah so it's really not as bad as Free!

is there drama in it? Ya. But there's no naked boys fan service like Free =P

Episode 12 and 13 were some of the most beautiful shit i've seen in anime. Can't really explain it, it was a quiet setting but very tense, and it conveyed perfectly.

• 1Like