Winter 2018/2019 Anime Thread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Netflix is odd with how they push and advertise their various originals so Lend may not have noticed it until now. 3rd Godzilla animation they did was out not too long ago and I didn't like the nihilistic ending too much.
Also with so much anime being released i wait until stuff is finished and recommended.
Basically im going down the list of

Also the soundtrack for Devilman is nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i also assumed raphtalia just grew up as she leveled up. Bitch is starting to be good at slaying shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He purchased her for 30 silver + a 1 silver tip. She's a hell of a return on investment. They're making cash money now.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My biggest hope is that at some point in the show, Shield Hero makes the other 3 heroes look like little bitches, preferably in a fight (don't spoiler it for me either way, people who have read it).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They'll probably get to the final boss or something and the other 3 heroes will try to solo it because they were able to dominate earlier shit, and they'll all die like bitches. Then shield hero will wtfpwn it instead. This is purely a guess, don't spoil anything.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My Roommate Is A Cat - OK, slice of life? Check. Stabbing the feels 3 eps in? Check. Loving this show.
Slime - Lolicheesecakegirl!
SAO - Not sure WTF happened at the end there, but loving this season all around.
Mysteria Friends - Dragon yuri cheesecake.
Shield Hero - Just guessing here, but Naofumi seems like he never had a girlfriend before.
Morose Mononokean - Show is still great. If you liked S1, this is more of the same.
Meiji Tokyo Renka - I wanted to like this, I do enjoy Meiji era stuff, but nope.
Magical Girl Spec-Opa Asuka - Oppai Kurumi. Magic bullets. Cubed cultist. School swimsuit cheesecake.
Hinomaru Sumo - Be the naked! Be the naked!

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
SAO - Not sure WTF happened at the end there, but loving this season all around.
They got sucked out of the side of the tower. The wall was supposed to be invincible, but it broke anyway. The next 2 episodes will be amusing. It kind of makes me think of...

gargoyles_disney_01-1200x680.jpg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
regarding Domestic na Kanojo... Sensai (older step sister) is a bit of a whore. But it's enjoyable.

• 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
This week's Slime was probably my favorite so far. As for Shield Hero, I'm assuming Raphtalia looks older because her level has gone up? They kind of hinted at demi-humans having something special about them but never explained it, maybe they will later in the series?
"Shut your mouth, tits."

Yes on older- Demihumans and monsters grow up physically with time, but also with levels. Thats explained canon in the Light Novels and I believe in the manga too. Humans dont appear to have that effect in general, but (to the point I've got to in light novels) it isnt (quite) definitive yet that the Shield Hero's human slaves dont either. Its unclear if levelling affects the mental maturity of demihumans and monsters at all; At least a small amount of advancement seems indicated, but certainly not full maturity.

As to the things people didnt want spoilers for, I shall not spoil them, but the manga and LNs are available online for those who wish to read ahead.
Manga- The Rising of the Shield Hero
Light Novels- Sword and Game: The Rising of the Shield Hero ToC (Note- a few of the links that take you to the next chapter when you finish reading the current one dont work, so you'll have to use the main index to get to the next chapter when you find a broken link. 2 such broken links so far for me, up to chapter 146)

The LN and the manga diverge massively in the not that distant future. The anime seems likely to follow the manga, but again its too early to say for sure.

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I'm loving Shield Hero. It's one of the few animes out there that make me really feel for the main character.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Another fucking good ep of shield hero. Godamn I love this show.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
"Shut your mouth, tits."

Yes on older- Demihumans and monsters grow up physically with time, but also with levels. Thats explained canon in the Light Novels and I believe in the manga too. Humans dont appear to have that effect in general, but (to the point I've got to in light novels) it isnt (quite) definitive yet that the Shield Hero's human slaves dont either. Its unclear if levelling affects the mental maturity of demihumans and monsters at all; At least a small amount of advancement seems indicated, but certainly not full maturity.

As to the things people didnt want spoilers for, I shall not spoil them, but the manga and LNs are available online for those who wish to read ahead.
Manga- The Rising of the Shield Hero
Light Novels- Sword and Game: The Rising of the Shield Hero ToC (Note- a few of the links that take you to the next chapter when you finish reading the current one dont work, so you'll have to use the main index to get to the next chapter when you find a broken link. 2 such broken links so far for me, up to chapter 146)

The LN and the manga diverge massively in the not that distant future. The anime seems likely to follow the manga, but again its too early to say for sure.
whenever you find a broken link replace the volume on the url with the next one.
example
Sword and Game: The Rising of the Shield Hero: Volume 4 Chapter 77 ->good
Sword and Game: The Rising of the Shield Hero: Volume 4 Chapter 78 ->bad
http://swordandgame.blogspot.com/2014/10/shield-hero-volume-5-chapter-78.html -> try this , or http://swordandgame.blogspot.com/2014/10/shield-hero-volume-6-chapter-79.html

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah but this ep had so much going on.

First of, Raphtalia is best girl. Not even up for debate.

He unlocked some sort of cursing ability, and he was damn close himself to go full on dark side (the markings on his face etc). There's more going on here but we won't know for a while i'm guessing?

The 2 other heroes turning on that bitch made me happy. Hope it's the start of a trend of people realizing the king and his daughter are cunts.

Him able to taste again for the first time. He's finally part of this world, moreso than he was before.

• 3Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know if it's him being able to taste again, or just that the castle hogs all of the "taste" food for themselves. But I agree with the other theories. That princess is a conniving Prince Joffery, more so than a vicious one. Stop that shit in a heart beat. It would be great if he had a reflect shield or something, that would cause the wind attack to bounce back onto her. Maybe something like that is in the future of the show.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Shield Hero is quickly becoming this season's favorite. This shit needs to come out sooner, lol.

• 3Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't know if it's him being able to taste again, or just that the castle hogs all of the "taste" food for themselves. But I agree with the other theories. That princess is a conniving Prince Joffery, more so than a vicious one. Stop that shit in a heart beat. It would be great if he had a reflect shield or something, that would cause the wind attack to bounce back onto her. Maybe something like that is in the future of the show.

Nah i'm pretty sure he couldn't taste squat before. She was always talking bout how food tasted great even in inns etc, and it all tasted like ash to him. Same in the castle when she feeds him, i'm pretty sure he couldn't taste that even tho it was castle food.

Also the same reason why when she just got released from the spell he was seeing her as the child version wearing rags, he was so hurt and caught up in his depression from being betrayed and overall hated that he didn't even see her grow up in front of his eyes, nor did he see her total devotion.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
During the ending credits, where he's eating the sandwich (in the show) he says that he is still getting used to her new look, and she explains that it is the reason why Humans hate the Demi-Humans: they also mature as they level up instead of purely being age-based. She also says that she's still a little kid who cries sometimes, but she's more mature overall. So it is definitely laid out as a parameter in the anime as well.

Slime, Mob Psycho 2, Shield Hero, and Promised Neverland. Good group for this season for sure.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the taste issue is asian, you're not alive if you can't taste food

• 1Like