Winter 2020 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
seems like a kinda shit season, spring is gonna be loaded though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was a lazy day today, so I read all of Book 20.5 "Intermission". It was absolutely NOT a recap chapter. It was all new content, and began 1 year after the final page of chapter 20. Good story. We see what takes place, and it also began the next step of Rudi (Rudy?)'s journey. I liked it. Looks like some shit's going to go down in book 21. At least the foreshadowing makes it seem that way.
I'm 90% complete with Book 21 "Cliff". Holy shit, this one was awesome. I just read a huge bombshell, and I'm exhausted so I'm going to crash.

The writer really dominated everything with this book. It starts off painfully slow hating the Grandmother, but then the awesome fight between all of the soldiers... and the giant courtroom drama. I fucking love it. And wow, was NOT expecting that bombshell. Suddenly it all changes. But now that it's been announced... I feel like that was a miss-step. At least for the one that did the announcing. But maybe it wasn't in the end. I have about 10% of the book to go, so I'll finish it up tomorrow morning. But god damn, I LOVED it.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
seems like a kinda shit season, spring is gonna be loaded though
Maybe if you like battle shounen, but there is always a dark horse in a season.

I will at least watch the new Science Saru/Masaaki Yuasa show Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! Because everything he made (Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, Devilman Crybaby) was great in some form and enjoyable. I also hope the adaptation for Kyoukou Suiri is good, because Kotoko gives zero fucks and says what she thinks out loud.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I guess Sydsnap is now the prophet of what softcore gets an anime.

Metamorphosis next or inverted chastity world.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I doubt Dorehedoro will be animated to its full glory, but it was definitely a fun read for how bizarre it is.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is something wrong with those of you who are not looking forward to a new season of Haikyuu.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm 90% complete with Book 21 "Cliff". Holy shit, this one was awesome. I just read a huge bombshell, and I'm exhausted so I'm going to crash.

The writer really dominated everything with this book. It starts off painfully slow hating the Grandmother, but then the awesome fight between all of the soldiers... and the giant courtroom drama. I fucking love it. And wow, was NOT expecting that bombshell. Suddenly it all changes. But now that it's been announced... I feel like that was a miss-step. At least for the one that did the announcing. But maybe it wasn't in the end. I have about 10% of the book to go, so I'll finish it up tomorrow morning. But god damn, I LOVED it.
Just completed Book 21 "Cliff". Wow, that was a very good read. It went through many various emotions. The bombshell was exceptional as well. And Eris making a surprise appearance at the end was also good. The character of Rudy's grandmother was entirely flushed out. She was such a cunt, but then a little endearing. I really appreciated this book. Can't wait to see what happens in book 22.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuck MHA!!

ssdssss.jpg

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Somali and the Forest Spirit is going to be a feels stabber.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
saw a whole slew of madoka pachinco machines in tokyo recently, maybe it was cuz of this or they were old releases, idk.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So some more Re:Zero (Saw the movie in a theater, I'll take what I can get even if just some recap)

Fate \ Babylonia returned today. Smol Ishtar was great.

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown - theatrical premier...hum will have to look into that.

THE FINAL DIGIMON MOVIE OF THE OG DIGIDESTINED???? FUCK YEA.

ISEKAI QUARTET 2 ??? Oh man!
From my understanding Shield Hero is the new people entering ...

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just completed Book 21 "Cliff". Wow, that was a very good read. It went through many various emotions. The bombshell was exceptional as well. And Eris making a surprise appearance at the end was also good. The character of Rudy's grandmother was entirely flushed out. She was such a cunt, but then a little endearing. I really appreciated this book. Can't wait to see what happens in book 22.
Last night I completed Book 22 "Organization Chapter". It was good, but not as good as the last book. 21 will likely be the best of the best, unless 23 is amazing. I feel for Nanahoshi. I hope that her assumption pans out. Also, the plot continues to get heavy at the very end. Next book should be good.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just got around to watching the Directors Cut of Episode 1 of Re: Zero. It combines the original 1A & 1B episodes. There isn't anything extra in this, except a few additional seconds to let a scene sink in a little more. That's about it. It also has the visual quality of the BD release, where they corrected lighting on a few places.

This show really was a masterpiece. Both visually and the story. I'm happy to now have re-watched the first 2 episodes. DC episode 2 should drop tomorrow. Can't wait.

Here's a quick video explaining why the series is awesome.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
No guns life voice actor for the gun is the same as thunderbolt fantasy and eraser from mha, only voice I recognize when I hear it, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished episode 2 of Re: Zero Directors Cut. I love this show (again). It's going to be great re-watching the entire first season as a prequel for Season 2 in Spring.

• 1Like