Winter 2020 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Last night I completed Book 22 "Organization Chapter". It was good, but not as good as the last book. 21 will likely be the best of the best, unless 23 is amazing. I feel for Nanahoshi. I hope that her assumption pans out. Also, the plot continues to get heavy at the very end. Next book should be good.
Finally got around to finishing Book 23 "Decisive Battle" last night. It was a good chapter, but I was pretty much expecting everything to happen already based off of hints the other books had given. There's one secret, which was the full identity of one of the older characters. All in all, I liked it. Though at the same time, I wish there was more anguish. If that makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally got around to finishing Book 23 "Decisive Battle" last night. It was a good chapter, but I was pretty much expecting everything to happen already based off of hints the other books had given. There's one secret, which was the full identity of one of the older characters. All in all, I liked it. Though at the same time, I wish there was more anguish. If that makes sense.
yo, i'm up to 19 and really annoyed at all the extra pages of pantsu talk, it's really annoying.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That's Japan. Everything is about underwear.
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Not much for me this season at first glance. Going to keep watching MHA naturally, but I'm 6 episodes into Fate and I'm losing interest in it. Glad to see Isekai Quartet back and and I'll watch the Re: Zero director's cut in prep for season 2.

Somali seems good so far. Wholesome, but it's definitely setting itself up for a sad or at least bittersweet ending.

Crunchyroll apparently has a 1 week delay on Madoka, so I've only seen the first episode. Not a bad start, but it's going to be hard to live up to the original.

Nothing else catches my eye, so maybe I'll look for something older to watch.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be watching Haikyuu!, but I think I might wait til the end of its season and just binge it, I am sure it will be great like all the rest. Isekai Quartet will be great!

I'm also (( wondering! )) what MHA will do, the manga is 2-3 arcs ahead now, and I can't see a Season 5 being all that interesting at all, some cool shit happens, but nothing at all like All Might vs. All for One, or Deku vs. Overhaul. A Season 6 though? Should be badass.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And as of now, I've just completed the final issue in this series. Book 24 "Conclusion". It's a very quick read. Maybe 2 hours total. And it's also nothing at all like any of the previous chapters. The series pretty much ends with book 23. Then 24 just gives "this also happened later on". So there are still plenty of questions with no answers. All in all, I liked the style they were playing at with this chapter. I didn't quite understand the point of the new character though. And I'm still lost for "what happens next??", but I guess this story follows real life in that regard. Once something happens, there's no additional news. It's purely speculation. It was a very good series. I'm glad I read it. Eventually I'll try one of the officially published books and see if it's different at all from the light novel books that I just completed. Oh well. I greatly enjoyed this story. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He was clearly still able to use his perk without hands (or any limbs at all for that matter) when he fought Deku

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He was clearly still able to use his perk without hands (or any limbs at all for that matter) when he fought Deku
I don't recall the manga exactly, but the anime took some artistic liberties with that fight. We see Deku destroy the giant body that Overhaul had merged himself into, yet at the end of the episode 76 and the beginning of 77 we see that body fully intact still. Also, as far as I remember, during that fight Overhaul had at least one hand at the "start" any use of his power.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And as of now, I've just completed the final issue in this series. Book 24 "Conclusion". It's a very quick read. Maybe 2 hours total. And it's also nothing at all like any of the previous chapters. The series pretty much ends with book 23. Then 24 just gives "this also happened later on". So there are still plenty of questions with no answers. All in all, I liked the style they were playing at with this chapter. I didn't quite understand the point of the new character though. And I'm still lost for "what happens next??", but I guess this story follows real life in that regard. Once something happens, there's no additional news. It's purely speculation. It was a very good series. I'm glad I read it. Eventually I'll try one of the officially published books and see if it's different at all from the light novel books that I just completed. Oh well. I greatly enjoyed this story. Thanks for the suggestion.
is 20-23 hard to get through? i'm getting bored, it was a good read on the plane, but now i'm finding it difficult to keep interested, for reference it's when zanobar goes home.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Book 20 was a slow book. Very slow. Realistically, you could probably jump ahead to the battle chapters and not miss anything. Just a little back story, but it doesn't effect the outcome at all.

21 is also mostly slow, but it turns into my favorite book of the series. It also reminds everyone about Zenith. And we learn a bit about her, though it's never touched on again. If you muscle though 20, you're smooth sailing for the last few issues, which are great. The final issue is really fast. It felt like it was 75-100 pages total.

Anyway, fight though it. Everything will pay off in the end. And you only have a little more to keep going, if you've already done up to 19.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Book 20 was a slow book. Very slow. Realistically, you could probably jump ahead to the battle chapters and not miss anything. Just a little back story, but it doesn't effect the outcome at all.

21 is also mostly slow, but it turns into my favorite book of the series. It also reminds everyone about Zenith. And we learn a bit about her, though it's never touched on again. If you muscle though 20, you're smooth sailing for the last few issues, which are great. The final issue is really fast. It felt like it was 75-100 pages total.

Anyway, fight though it. Everything will pay off in the end. And you only have a little more to keep going, if you've already done up to 19.
man it's been so boring after orsted fight, it's like after that fight he literally has a hacker on call.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It will pay off, don't worry. The giant fight that takes up the majority of book 23 is incredible.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got caught up on Overly Cautious Hero finally.

Now that show went right to 11 with the feels at the tail end there. Daaaaaamn.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users