Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Ok the opening song is super basic and feels like everything. The animation is sub par, but nothing offends me. The opening scenes feel like deja vu, except in this version of japanese story telling they couldn't bother to sync the lips to the speech. That kinda bothers me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Entirety of the internet is losing their mind over Redo of Healer episode 2 and I'm just sitting here like

tenor.gif

Half of twitter wants to cancel it and the other half can't stop laughing
Looking forward to watching it this weekend. Great manga. Not family friendly, but interesting story.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looking forward to watching it this weekend. Great manga. Not family friendly, but interesting story.
i don't like the art, everyone looks like it was drawn in full screen, but someone clicked the widescreen option and stretch em out.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think I've read somewhere that the author is a woman too lol.
I think that was a red herring, but it's easy to deflect criticism when most LN authors hide their real life identity because of death threats.

The next twitter shitstorm will be when Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season two airs and Iruru, the oppai shortstack dragon is introduced. That will be the point where everyone will realize that the author Cool-kyou Shinja is a total degenerate: He made a manga where a blonde woman with big boobs paizuri's a small guy with premature ejaculation problems... basically every chapter.

The one after that is when they realize that Cool-kyou Shinja and Amahara (the author of Interspecies Reviewers) made a manga series together, and that anime is also airing summer 2021. It's not as degenerate as you'd think.

bx122434-rbXT41qAq0d1.jpg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that was a red herring, but it's easy to deflect criticism when most LN authors hide their real life identity because of death threats.

The next twitter shitstorm will be when Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid season two airs and Iruru, the oppai shortstack dragon is introduced. That will be the point where everyone will realize that the author Cool-kyou Shinja is a total degenerate: He made a manga where a blonde woman with big boobs paizuri's a small guy with premature ejaculation problems... basically every chapter.

The one after that is when they realize that Cool-kyou Shinja and Amahara (the author of Interspecies Reviewers) made a manga series together, and that anime is also airing summer 2021. It's not as degenerate as you'd think.

I'm happy that Japan exists.

Also, is Higurashi worth watching? The opening scene seems to indicate some hardcore violence.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Higurashi is a mind-fuck mystery kind of thing. You see the story multiple ways and from different angles.

Hard to explain without ruining it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ummm. Redo Healer. Clearly the hentai line has been crossed.
The line never existed in the first place. But yeah, series is grimdark fucked up through and through. The manga hasn't gotten to Berserk levels of WTF, but not sure if the LN goes there. MC definitely has good reason to be as fucked up as he is, though. He might be a terrible person, but the people who made him that way are worse, so you never have to feel bad for them when they get their due.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The line never existed in the first place. But yeah, series is grimdark fucked up through and through. The manga hasn't gotten to Berserk levels of WTF, but not sure if the LN goes there. MC definitely has good reason to be as fucked up as he is, though. He might be a terrible person, but the people who made him that way are worse, so you never have to feel bad for them when they get their due.
The manga hasn't gotten to some of the messed up parts of the LN, so one season of the anime won't get close. The author keeps trying to be edgy but moves the plot along at least.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Raoul > Redo of Healer.

The opening scene seems to indicate some hardcore violence.
Higurashi comes from a series of visual novels and can be hit or miss, because it doesn't explain anything at first while being pretty fucked up early on. Not Saya no Uta levels of fucked up, but after a few rodeos both the questions and the nightmare fuel start to add up with not big plot twist/revelation in sight.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Oh man. Re:Zero ep 3. So many great moments.

Emelia being witches daughter reveal good but not surprising. So both mother and daughter love Subaru....hum..possibilities there ...

Garf being way younger than Subaru made me laugh.

Looking forward to Echidna vs Emelia next episode.

51d256bc06bd8c58d1a09c6cfa1ee68bd0f52aae0b23ab48d6c60099b4042d37.jpg

VS
945e1355e72d629ad91ccc6e6318f087a4f2ddbbd05f8a8399113d52a69c6916.jpg

Also Emelia doing Subaru's intro pose was kinda funny at the end.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another good episode for Spider, though the non-Spider section was still fairly weak.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users