Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2021 Anime

That was a great video. I didn't realize Shield Hero is coming back for season 2. Or another season of My Hero Academia.

I saw it say Goblin Slayer also, but I didn't hear him talk about it at all. And... Rent a Girlfriend season 2. That series was surprisingly good.
And hey look, a new version of Bleach that tells the "last chapter" the correct way. I remember reading the manga a LONG time ago, so I'll give the Anime a shot.

And hey, another SAO movie. The first one was pretty damn good. I saw it in theaters, and the crowd for it were crazy. So much cheering and stuff. It was like a very nerded out black theater with people chanting Anime shit at the screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm all caught up with the other shows I'm watching, so I decided to give one from a few years ago a shot. I don't know why, but I skipped this back in January, 2018. It's worth watching now.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku The first episode was solid. It's a programmer that fixes bugs on all these MMO style games, but he wakes up inside of a game that he was just working on. If the first episode is any indication, it'll be a good series.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
AoT has been fucking terrible so far. I really don't give a shit about the time jump or the kids or any of the backstory at all. What a total waste of screen time.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm all caught up with the other shows I'm watching, so I decided to give one from a few years ago a shot. I don't know why, but I skipped this back in January, 2018. It's worth watching now.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku The first episode was solid. It's a programmer that fixes bugs on all these MMO style games, but he wakes up inside of a game that he was just working on. If the first episode is any indication, it'll be a good series.

its kinda crap

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The novel for Death March was a long, slow slice of life crawl with fantasy tropes occurring along the way. Never expected it to be good show material.

I've also apparently not been paying attention and missed the Inuyasha sequel, has that been any good or simply more of the modern era's average meh?

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I've also apparently not been paying attention and missed the Inuyasha sequel, has that been any good or simply more of the modern era's average meh?

Its alright. It's a time skip from the Final Act of Inuyasha.

Basically Inuyasha and Kagome have a girl and Sesshoumaru has 2 girls that were separated by the time tree/well. Sango and Miroku are still alive as is best Cat Kirara. References are made and flashbacks occur. It's kinda slow but if you rewatch season 1 and 2 of Inuyasha original (I just did before this series), they were a bit slow too. Basically the 3 girls have to defeat that Big Demon that Sesshoumaru basically said Fuck that in one of the movies that his father fought against. New Shikon Jewel is a bunch of Rainbow Pearls that they have to go around and collect for now basically.
Inuyasha, Sessh, and Kagome are all missing for now. Flashback to some kind of fight.

6e382bf22ff3bf9dd7e2dc8b6d4830edc53edd53.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

It's heavy on slice of life and mundane stuff if you like that sort of thing. Also OP and harem. The back story to the world is pretty neat, though. Manga passed up where anime leaves off recently.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
AoT has been fucking terrible so far. I really don't give a shit about the time jump or the kids or any of the backstory at all. What a total waste of screen time.

Episode 1 was okay just cause I was wtf is going on. Two and three were hot garbage, four made me go WTF and got me interested again if you watch the after credit scene. Hopefully it lives up to the potential, but knowing the tendency of waps to go all exposition could easily be bad.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So I'm a Spider, So What? - Another Isekai. It'll probably be in the Slime category, but why not.
Yes and no. Reborn as a monster in a fantasy world, but that's about it. Slime is about building a country for monsters, being comfy and the power of friendship. Spider is about survival in a harsh and really fucked up world where ... well, let's just say that humans give the most XP.

While I hope it doesn't suck, this one will probably rush through the story, have pacing issues and/or be confusing. The LN is really good, but due to different viewpoints and stories interweaving (a whole class is isekaid) it's not so easy to adapt. If you have the time I suggest you read the LNs. They take a bit to build steam, but the world building is interesting and one of the very few cases where I didn't see the major plot twist coming.

I didn't realize Shield Hero is coming back for season 2.
It's coming back for seasons 2 and 3:

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sounds good. I'll put that on my "to read" list and take it on ASAP. Finishing up Omniscient Reader's View Point now. Almost done, but I get lazy with this one. I don't like it as much as I "hoped" I would. I'm only sticking with it just because.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes and no. Reborn as a monster in a fantasy world, but that's about it. Slime is about building a country for monsters, being comfy and the power of friendship. Spider is about survival in a harsh and really fucked up world where ... well, let's just say that humans give the most XP.

While I hope it doesn't suck, this one will probably rush through the story, have pacing issues and/or be confusing. The LN is really good, but due to different viewpoints and stories interweaving (a whole class is isekaid) it's not so easy to adapt. If you have the time I suggest you read the LNs. They take a bit to build steam, but the world building is interesting and one of the very few cases where I didn't see the major plot twist coming.

It's coming back for seasons 2 and 3:
the manga draws her like a really cute spider, i think girls will love it like bofuri

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
the manga draws her like a really cute spider, i think girls will love it like bofuri
The manga is one thing, but the anime is more leaning on the LN designs. Those are not quite that easy on the eyes.

Art_P227.jpg

Also, Bofuri is another example of an anime that rushed through its original content, leaving a lot out that explained more about the characters and their motivations. It was still enjoyable, but the story was nonetheless condensed down. This won't work so well with Spider, because all the things happening on the sidelines come up sooner or later.

Since they postponed the release after the negative reaction to the original 3D CGI earth dragon, reworked that, and due to it having two cours I am still hoping for the best.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just watched Tatoeba Last Dungeon episode 1. It's off to a good start. The kid is incredibly OP just because he grew up around the last dungeon. It's like being a resident of West Wastes and dealing with all the dragons and TOV as a beginner.

As a result, he's really strong. The episode is cute, but geared for children. This really powerful kid that doesn't think he's powerful because in his old home, he wasn't very special. It was a decent intro to the series. I'll see how it progresses.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh god, I just noticed that Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san is getting an anime. My SLICE OF WAIFU!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I watched the 3 series that started today. I liked the Kid from the Last Dungeon, but it seems to be geared for kids. Pretty Derby (horse girls.. this is 2nd season) honestly did nothing for me. It's a shame. I somewhat liked the first season. But maybe now it's old hat? Finally, Otherside Picnic. It wasn't bad, even though I don't usualy watch this type of show. I'll give it a shot. At least watching episode 2 before I reevaluate.

So yes for Last Dungeon
No for Pretty Derby
Maybe for Otherside

I can't wait for the rest to drop.

Fadaar

That guy
God I watched so few shows last season really need some new content

• 1Solidarity