Winter 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MHA kinda funny today...I thought it was really good writing to have All For One immediately attack Tartarus after the Liberation fight. It felt very smart for him to immediately capitalize on the opportunity provided by the shock of how that operation turned out. On the other hand I thought it was absolutely terrible writing for Tartarus to be so laughably easy to bust open and for them to have no lethal countermeasures beyond guns.

Then you get into wondering why some of these villains are even still alive given that they've been in custody more than long enough to be tried and executed for their many heinous crimes, but I guess that's a cultural difference + comic book thing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the second episodes for:

Ars no Kyojuu: Its good, will keep watching.

Legend of Heroes: Generic, passing.

Sugar Apple: Getting a strong reverse harem vibe from this now... will give it one more episode.

Watching the Saturday lineup later. Saturday is so stacked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Sugar apple got me just on the virtue of the animation being pretty good. I'm a sucker for decent art/animation.

Ningen looks good tbh. It's not an isekei i guess? just a straight up fantasy anime

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nier: Still good, it seems to be trying to build some backstory, which is fine with me.

Fire Hunter: New this week, the animation really reminds me of some other anime, looks promising.

Trigun: I don't understand why people are bitching about this one. I have vague memories of the original, so maybe that is allowing me to see this as a really good anime so far.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally got a chance to watch some of the shows. I've seen everything Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so far (1st episodes only). Lots of trash, but a few that I like.

Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World... Long title, but the first episode kept my attention. A bunch of misfits that either failed out, or were the only survivor from their previous group. They lost faith in Humanity, but they all got together at a bar and decided to form a new group.

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi (Campfire Cooking in Another World) - Started off as a group summoned to another world that all have special powers, except one guy who fails. His power is he can use what amounts to Amazon grocery store to buy food. I liked the concept and the first episode was decent until the end where this giant talking wolf shows up and demands to become the familiar of the guy in exchange for the food. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet.

Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei (The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady) - It's a "girl power" type of show, but I don't hate it. Let's see how it goes...

Bofuri S2 - It's back and I'm still in. The first episode was a little slow, but that's alright. I still like the show, so will stick with it.

Tsurune S2 - Beautiful animation quality. It's a show about archery, I guess. I only watched a few minutes of it, but that made me want to watch the first season that I never watched previously, just to enjoy the second season. So we'll see how that goes.

A slight runner up is Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko. Some high school girl tells her best friend “I want you to penetrate my tight, virgin pussy”, and he replies “cool story, bro.” That seems to be the plot of this. Ok, I didn't really like it, but I just wanted to give that summary of what I watched.

I'm currently watching Ooyukiumi no Kaina, which seems to be a Japanese speaking Eskimo that hunts large insects and dreams of finding other Eskimos in a mysterious snow world. I'm not sure yet.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
AIght faggots, i got gay by osmosis to this forum and i found my guilty pleasure for this season.

The angel next door is spoiling me.

There's also Tomo chan is a girl which is actually legit funny.

Also holy fuck at the amount of isekai, i fucking love it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't really give tomo-chan a chance. I saw the premise and that was enough for me. I could give it a try again, but that won't be today.

I finished watching that Eskimo style show, and it was good enough. It wasn't a big action-packed thing, but there were some scenes. And it feels interesting, so I'll give it a try.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn the first couple of episodes of Trying to fuck girls in a dungeon or whatever season 4 has been bleak as fuck so far. I guess the same could be said for the last few episodes of My Hero Academia both shows going strong on the despair direction.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You know nothing of Despair, summer child. Wait until Bell and Ryuu venture down to floor 37. Then all kinds of shit hits the fan in a glorious way.

EDIT: Sorry for revealing a future plot. That'll happen in a few more seasons, if the show goes that far.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I didn't really give tomo-chan a chance. I saw the premise and that was enough for me. I could give it a try again, but that won't be today.

I finished watching that Eskimo style show, and it was good enough. It wasn't a big action-packed thing, but there were some scenes. And it feels interesting, so I'll give it a try.
Tomo-chan manga has been over for a while, but it really is a great story. I haven't watched the anime yet, but if production levels are good it should be a fun one.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Tomo-chan manga has been over for a while, but it really is a great story. I haven't watched the anime yet, but if production levels are good it should be a fun one.

Production levels are very good, and they absolutely nailed the comedic parts.

Legit had me laughing at some parts.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Handyman saitou In another world is very good.

characters are very likable and production is good.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Handyman saitou In another world is very good.

characters are very likable and production is good.
While I sorta agree, the episodes are kinda all over the place, little pieces of various stories being told rather than one main story.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So MAPPA is also doing Food Hero?

AND they are releasing the final two cours of AoT this year starting in March?

That studio is on crack.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Food box is a fun show. I'm sure it wont be my favorite of the season, but I'm really enjoying what I've gotten.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So apparently

NieR - is on hold either now or after ep 4 due to COVID issues. So far so good though. Robots trying to make a baby had me laughing I admit.

Sugar Apple.... who knew bake competitions could be so intense. Gonna have to get back at that guy for screwing her over.

DanMachi - Cassandra, look I like you but fucking heal ok? Most useless healer award for sure (Like Druids in EQ...I gave you a Regen 5 mins ago isn't that good enough?). Meanwhile Haruhime is working her ass off over there and even saving your dumb ass. Mikoto is MVP for sure holy shitballs.

Misfit Demon King - not really sure what's going on but will keep watching.

Bofuri - YES. More Maple fun. Risa / Sally is best character for me. All her fights are just more interesting. Gonna go back and rewatch S1 again before next week.

Ningen - seems kinda boring but will stick with it. Enjoyable enough for now.

Finally:

Trigun - Wow what an episode. I have to admit I was skeptical but I'm not too proud to say it was unfounded and I was wrong. Knives using lost tech is really gonna be a huge problem.

Also the English VA is gonna reprise the role again which I like personally.

That OP song is really catchy after a couple viewings too.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
My body is ready...

I'm not saving the world. I'm just killing goblins.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users