Witcher 3

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I never played Witcher 1 but Witcher 2 was sweet. My one complaint about it though is that they need to do something better about the damn loot system. Having to run back and forth over something on the ground until I get it "just right" so that I can pick it up is not my idea of having fun.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have they announced what the collector's edition will comprise of?

I got the Witcher 2 one, and it was sick.
They haven't even announced a release date other then 2014. I seriously don't think this is going to get released until at least next winter. Too bad as I was hoping to have a nice RPG to play this spring.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
So The Witcher 3 basically looks like a Skyrim that's modded to no longer be console-crippled and with a lot more objects per scene. Works for me.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't see this posted, forgive if repost. This is an actual interview w/ teh Game Director. Pretty good actually, not the hugest fan of Angry Joe, but the questions he asks are pretty good. Over 80 unique monsters, and they're really pushing the idea that you're a MONSTER HUNTER in this one. Pretty good. Worth the watch.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure to if it is the 4 month old baby or the game but every time i try to play witcher 1 i fall asleap durring a conversation about 15 min into the play session. The game seems fine but a little slow to start and also the story seems jumpy? Does that change I only now just left the starting area.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I only managed to play like 2-3 hours in Witcher 1, finished I think it was the first act then got bored. Read up on the story a bit, it was right before Witcher 2 release. Played Witcher 2, didn't feel like I missed out on anything important and really liked the 2nd one. If you don't like it I'd say just don't play it, 2nd one was a lot more entertaining right from the start though, and combat was better.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure to if it is the 4 month old baby or the game but every time i try to play witcher 1 i fall asleap durring a conversation about 15 min into the play session. The game seems fine but a little slow to start and also the story seems jumpy? Does that change I only now just left the starting area.
Yeah the first witcher game is really kinda weird story wise, it is a bit unfocused with no real mystery or suspense. I just downloaded a trainer and went god mode just to get through the story. The ending of first does set up witcher 2 albeit peripherally. It does get better once you get out of the fields and into the city though.

Started reading the Witcher novels. Just finished the first and starting on the next one, which I think is Blood of Elves. Decent reads.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Witcher 1's story is kinda oddly disjointed; I think at least part of it is a combination of tossing a bunch of side quests at you; with the other part being the main story periodically branching off into, like, three quest lines that all need to be completed to move on, but which can be completed in any order, and can be bounced between constantly. Makes it hard to really keep the narrative straight in your head.

Witcher 2 did a better job of keeping things coherent.

Sulrn

Deuces
Yeah the first witcher game is really kinda weird story wise, it is a bit unfocused with no real mystery or suspense. I just downloaded a trainer and went god mode just to get through the story. The ending of first does set up witcher 2 albeit peripherally. It does get better once you get out of the fields and into the city though.

Started reading the Witcher novels. Just finished the first and starting on the next one, which I think is Blood of Elves. Decent reads.
I've finished the books and just started W1 without a trainer, having background on the events leading up to the games is interesting, but I don't think I could even begin to say they were any better than "meh" reading. The setting and the characters have so much potential that I don't think ever got fully utilized.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jw72AwH.jpg

Sulrn

Deuces
Considering I just started the games as clearly stated above, I very obviously mean the books. Maybe things got lost in translation, but the books are pretty bland considering the framework the author established for his setting.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, the first translation of Witcher 1 was also pretty bad, so I wouldn't be surprised if things got lost.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I played Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition for the first time this morning - so far I think its a pretty terrible game. The combat is pretty crappy (granted I'm playing the mouse version), is the keyboard+mouse combo better? The dialogue is so hammy, its like its straight off a Twilight fanfic board. And the storyline is pretty ghey so far.

I've got to the outskirts of the Vizima and beat the green hell hounds or whatever. Does this game get any better or should I stop wasting my time?

P.S. My character also looks like a tranny, so that's additional points deducted.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm starting to think it is the game putting me to sleep. I jumped on Assassin's Creed the other night and played for hours no dozing off came back to W1 and boom 30 min in im snoozing. The thing is i don't hate the story so im not sure what it is. I do hate the kb/m controls i think it would be better with a gamepad.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The problem I had with the first two games is that the worlds just felt uninhabited. It's been a long time since I played The Witcher but I remember visiting several towns that had two or three people and it just bugged me.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Never played the first one, got the 2nd one collector's edition for Xmas two years ago. Couldn't get past the first town (the one with the hookers). None of the quests get marked on the map, or maybe they can be but I have no idea how.

Then I had to go searching for stuff to have my dragon sword put together again or something. At that point I gave up and just spent what little money I had porking the hookers.