Witcher 3

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
1.5 Patch for the PS4 just came out. It adds 4k Pro support, or supersampling for people with 1080p displays. It's pretty damn amazing looking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty interesting 5 part documentary on CD Projekt Red and Witcher 3. Have generally enjoyed these crowd funded NoClip doc's. Part 1 was about the company starting up, 2 was about Witcher 1 and 2. The 3rd, and latest, was getting into the Witcher 3's world design.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

It blew my mind that they even considered longer final act. Dimensions with each being a small zone ?!

Lord of Undvik was one of my favorite quests in the whole game.

• 1Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Related to this topic, I am currently teaching English in Poland. In a small town outside of Krakow. The Witcher (Dziki Gon) is huge here. I have girls in my sixth grade class who are obsessed with Harry Potter. All the boys laugh at them and tell them Harry Potter sucks and the Witcher is much better. I know it's wrong to choose sides, but...

Witcher > Harry Potter

I lost half my class' loyalty that day.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Game of the year edition on sale today on steam for $20 if anyone is looking for it. I finally picked up a copy to try it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game of the year edition on sale today on steam for $20 if anyone is looking for it. I finally picked up a copy to try it.

What the hell is wrong with you that you haven't played this yet? Were you stuck in Iceland or something?

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about him, but I didn't have the hardware to play this until a few weeks ago.

Also, I'm frugal as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Junun

What the hell is wrong with you that you haven't played this yet? Were you stuck in Iceland or something?

Not a big single player guy, so wasnt in a rush to pick this up. I normally bounce around MMOs/destiny. Only single player games i really got into was fallout 4, elder scrolls, dark souls series(some multiplayer).

EQ agnarr is getting a bit stale so perfect time for this to go on sale.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Not a big single player guy, so wasnt in a rush to pick this up. I normally bounce around MMOs/destiny. Only single player games i really got into was fallout 4, elder scrolls, dark souls series(some multiplayer).

EQ agnarr is getting a bit stale so perfect time for this to go on sale.

You won't regret it.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Great game indeed. One of the top RPGs I've played. The story behind some of the side quests in this game is better than most games main quest story.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
If you are super bored, read the books before playing the game. Witcher 3 is very close to the books and uses them a lot for characters and backstory.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TBH Witcher games have better story than the books, but they establish the universe, which is funny since it is essentially a professional fan fiction (the author doesn't consider them cannon)

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
TBH Witcher games have better story than the books, but they establish the universe, which is funny since it is essentially a professional fan fiction (the author doesn't consider them cannon)

I agree, can do without the books. Would recommend the short stories though, enjoyed those alot.

Also if you're new to the series, watch a youtube rundown of the previous two games.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I finally picked up a copy to try it.

latest

Gaunter O'Dimm said:
All who have learned my true name are now either dead or have met an even worse fate

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As mentioned above the GOTY edition is on Steam for $19.99. I only played the vanilla game on Xbox so picking this up.

Amazing deal considering the expansions allegedly add another 50 hours of game, expand the world by 1/3rd, and upgrade the UI and graphics.

Also can't wait to try this at 60+ fps on a ultrawide. Although it did look pretty damn nice on console despite FPS lock.

Save 60% on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition on Steam

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is the PC version best played KBM or Controller?

The only bonus I saw to playing with a keyboard was being able to map every spell to different buttons rather than opening a radial menu, I think playing from the couch outweighs that perk.

• 1Like

Junun

The only bonus I saw to playing with a keyboard was being able to map every spell to different buttons rather than opening a radial menu, I think playing from the couch outweighs that perk.

I've been playing using ps4 controller on PC personally, same as i did with dark souls, these type of combat games just seem clunky with keyboard/mouse to me.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing using ps4 controller on PC personally, same as i did with dark souls, these type of combat games just seem clunky with keyboard/mouse to me.
TBH the combat is fine with kb+m, much better than Dark Souls and having a hotkey for everything is really nice. Eventually the combat gets trivialised anyway.