Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
TBH the combat is fine with kb+m, much better than Dark Souls and having a hotkey for everything is really nice. Eventually the combat gets trivialised anyway.
Yeah, it could be a play style thing, but I rarely use more than a few buttons in combat (on whatever the highest difficulty is called). I’m heavily invested in the sword skill tree and physical damage though.

Fast attack, parry, roll, and Quen. Potion as needed and then the inventory screen to apply the appropriate oil to my sword.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
The only bonus I saw to playing with a keyboard was being able to map every spell to different buttons rather than opening a radial menu, I think playing from the couch outweighs that perk.
On PC you can get a mod similar to this one (Instant Sign Casting for Controller xbox 360 or Gamepad at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community) that includes stuff to set up Antimicro or Xpadder to map keys differently. The method most commonly used is to set one of your controller buttons to be a "Combo" key that you would hold down like the Shift key to basically double your available keybindings. There are other mods that are probably newer and even easier to set up than this one but it's the one I had bookmarked for when I did a playthrough using a 360 controller. Using the radial menu to swap signs was terrible for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need to play the DLC still. But too much to do!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have been working on this game since July on PS4. I'm around level 23 - can't power game like I used to.

It's fantastic. The quality of every single quest is absurd. I would suggest doing every single quest, even the secondary ones. It's just fantastic from top to bottom.

The only downside that I can think of is that you get accustomed to the combat quickly, and even on the harder difficulties you can murder everything while dodging every counter attack. The combat is still okay, it's just that you master it too quickly and you become too powerful because of that. Once you have the cadence down, the difficulty doesn't matter.

One more thing that has been bugging me - what makes some voice acting so much better than others? The VO in this game is off the charts, when I can barely handle it in most other titles.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing this with my 4yo son. He laughs when people get sliced in half or beheaded. I'm not sure if I'm an awesome dad or I'm training Australia's next serial killer.

• 2Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just so you know there are actual sex scenes in this game.

• 1Worf

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just so you know there are actual sex scenes in this game.
Yeah I've quickly distracted him out of the room once when I saw something inappropriate coming. He's taken a liking to warframe the last few days which is probably slightly safer than Witcher3.

Khane

I finally got around to playing Blood and Wine. I'm 25 hours in and only like 6 quests into the main storyline. I forgot how much content CD Projekt packs into this game. There is more content in this expansion than there is in most full games that come out. Side stories are still top notch as well. That Guillame and Vivienne questline. How many games give you a side quest with multiple outcomes? And of course the first thing I had to do was get my Gwent on. Have a feeling I'll be 50 hours+ before I actually finish the expac. This game is so good.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I still have a boner thinking about how awesome Cyberpunk is going to be. Hurry up and give us some details you fucks!

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Finally bought this. Anything not spoilerish that would be helpful going in to it? Especially shit that will prevent repetition/time wasting or bad build type stuff.

Khane

Use a melee build focused around either fast or strong attack. Signs are really strong when doing side quest stuff but are really weak in boss fights and make them take forever.

Other than that just enjoy the game and do the side quests. Some of them have better story lines than the main story of most games.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Biggest problem with signs is that the talents for them are just awful compared to melee talents.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Go heavy into the green skills after you get around 15-20 points. The Poison blade Oil is huge. Decoctions are KEY, find t he one that heals you when you do damage. Pick heavy or fast, not both. The only sign I really think is needed i Quen for shielding, as others say the others are pretty weak unless you go ALL in on them. Even then when fighting a group of 7 men some of t hem are worthless. Yrden if leveled up can be helpful as its pretty much a shock turret but becomes useless in the late game. When you finally get to Novigrad thee is the shop at the top middle of the city that sells a potion for skill resets.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Finally bought this. Anything not spoilerish that would be helpful going in to it? Especially shit that will prevent repetition/time wasting or bad build type stuff.
Witcher gear outclasses most of the other items, make sure to collect it
The game warns you when you make a choice that will heavily your ability to do other content
Explore as much as you can
Questionmarks are the filler content, skip them if you find them boring, but they generally have at least a tidbit of lore tied to them

And most importantly, don't spoil yourself, the story makes Bioware look like chumps.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dont bother haggling over prices on contracts, youll spend a bunch of time eeking out a few gold that you make far more on just selling one rusted sword.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just enjoy the game, load up some HD mods and go buck.

I'm thinking of playing through again.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shittiest thing about the game is the lack of a Triss/Yennefer threesome option. This is my goddamn game, I'm the goddamn hero, I can fuck half the goddamn world, and I want a goddamn threesome with Triss and Yen.

• 1Solidarity