Witcher 3

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's just a funny tinfoil hat theory I found online once.

Romance with Ciri, hidden behind the scenes :: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Discussions

The theory revolves around Ermion claiming that the reason that Pavetta (Ciri's mother) can't control the power at her fifteenth birthday feast is because she's a virgin, except Geralt reveals she's already pregnant with Ciri when he invokes the law of surprise. So unless she immaculately conceived or Emhyr can teleport his sperm around, she isn't a virgin. IIRC at some point Yen flat out says the virginity thing is a myth and has nothing to do with a source being able to control the power. The blind woman when you go to kill Imlerith sorta confirms her virginity, but she also might just be crazy and since there's no question that Ciri had sex with Mistle it would be pretty weird if the restriction on a source being able to control the power was specifically "gotta get that cherry popped, scissoring doesn't count".
Given the strong theme of subverting/satirising the beliefs of the common folk both in books and games, I'm inclined to believe there really is no power to virignity in the Witcher universe. Ermion said that in the first book of the whole series and generally that just goes along with folk legends. I'm going to invoke Occam's Razor here and go with it being either an omission or Ermion bullshitting the guests before Geralt bursts the bubble with the law of surprise.

Yeah, sorceresses can do crazy shit, but at some point it becomes just lazy worldbuilding, just like I felt the extra Witcher lab in the Blood&Wine was pretty lazy reasoning for extra skills.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Based on the evidence the court is presented with, i have no choice but to have your claims summarily thrown out, good day sir.

Edit: also yen says the virgin stuff is bs as well

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Based on the evidence the court is presented with, i have no choice but to have your claims summarily thrown out, good day sir.

Edit: also yen says the virgin stuff is bs as well

Really? That's weird, I hadn't heard that before.

Yen flat out says the virginity thing is a myth and has nothing to do with a source being able to control the power

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really? That's weird, I hadn't heard that before.

i clearly read too quickly, as i didn't see you said that. but it also begs the question, if YOU knew it, why'd you give any credence to that bonkers theory?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It doesn't matter if Gavin lends credence to theory if Geralt and Ciri do!

"Hey guys, that's not true"
"Challenge accepted!"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i clearly read too quickly, as i didn't see you said that. but it also begs the question, if YOU knew it, why'd you give any credence to that bonkers theory?

'just a funny tinfoil hat theory I found online once' is hardly lending credence to it. Unless you mean my initial comment about 'Geralt probably nails Ciri after Kaer Morhen' but that was setup to post the link instead of just airdropping it out of nowhere.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So his whole evidence is two instances of them giving each other "looks" after Bald mountain and the whole "virgin's can't control the source thing, that only one person has ever mentioned in the first book.

Also keep in mind that the books were written by AS, who had pretty much zero creative input on the video games.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look if you want some Geralt/Ciri action, I'm sure they have a mod for that. No need to try to interpret vague story elements

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So his whole evidence is two instances of them giving each other "looks" after Bald mountain and the whole "virgin's can't control the source thing, that only one person has ever mentioned in the first book.

Also keep in mind that the books were written by AS, who had pretty much zero creative input on the video games.

Yes, the theory is so easily disproven that it strongly suggests the dude is lying about having read all the books, I just thought it was funny that this dude went full woolygimp on the belief that Ciri has an Electra complex.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look if you want some Geralt/Ciri action, I'm sure they have a mod for that. No need to try to interpret vague story elements

imagine the modder stitching the voice lines of various situations together word by word to give it audio, too :D

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The simplest one is replacing a brothel whore with Ciri. If you want some seriously freaky shit, take Ciri into a brothel. I think you have to exploit a glitch to let her free roam? But yeah the game seriously doesn't know how to handle Ciri being present when you nail a whore and it's crazy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The simplest one is replacing a brothel whore with Ciri. If you want some seriously freaky shit, take Ciri into a brothel. I think you have to exploit a glitch to let her free roam? But yeah the game seriously doesn't know how to handle Ciri being present when you nail a whore and it's crazy.

But then the dialogue would be using the wrong voice, and I might as well google for site:tumblr.com geralt ciri ship for a similar experience

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Appreciate the feedback I got from asking a couple days ago. Hopefully this will be a massive RPG that I finish (still never have finished Skyrim despite putting in over 250 hours).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On a whim, decided to load this up again last night. After a few fights, I got back used to it, and remembered what was going on. Just fucked Keira.

Just had the part where you can kill Keira, or not kill Keira based on dialogue choices. My first run it ended up in her being pissed and fighting me. I reloaded, and picked different options, and I like it better that she is alive. Despite her being a cunt whore trying to tell me about what woman I can obsess over!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
On a whim, decided to load this up again last night. After a few fights, I got back used to it, and remembered what was going on. Just fucked Keira.

Just had the part where you can kill Keira, or not kill Keira based on dialogue choices. My first run it ended up in her being pissed and fighting me. I reloaded, and picked different options, and I like it better that she is alive. Despite her being a cunt whore trying to tell me about what woman I can obsess over!!

Yeah, I had to do that a few times as well.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Oh boy, you will like what happens further down the line :)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I abandoned Keira and decided to not help her after she fucked me over. Still haven't seen the results of that yet except for her not helping fight off the Wild Hunt at Kaer Morhen.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Am I a heretic for abandoning this game 5 hours in after being swamped by a massive backlog, and never picked it back up?

I loved it, its an amazing game, I just never committed and finished it.