Witcher 3

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only problem with 360 controller is that switching between signs is clunky (as are a lot of the controls in the game). I think on m/kb you can switch signs like weapons via the number keys. Not 100% sure because I play with 360 controller.
Scroll wheel is default button to switch signs. Stuff like that is a nice feature of using the m/kb but the much more fluid movement is a, imo, much bigger advantage for using a controller.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Finally, I have started this. I've only just done up to the part where you hop on your horse and start following the older Witcher guy, but I can already tell this game will consume many, many hours.

Looks good on max settings with Steam link on my LG OLED, playing fine so far with wireless 360 controller (had to turn camera sensitivity way down).

I've heard there are graphical mods for this; anyone got links to some good stuff?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think it's Nexus mods, I'm on my phone or I'd send you the actual links. Just mosey on over and you'll find them, usually I just list by popularity.

Fast travel from anywhere is very useful

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Be careful with the fast travel mod, I dunno if they fixed it, but it was possible to break certain quests and even the main story line by fast traveling instead of triggering important dialogues.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Finally, I have started this. I've only just done up to the part where you hop on your horse and start following the older Witcher guy, but I can already tell this game will consume many, many hours.

Looks good on max settings with Steam link on my LG OLED, playing fine so far with wireless 360 controller (had to turn camera sensitivity way down).

I've heard there are graphical mods for this; anyone got links to some good stuff?

I wrote this post a few months ago, I hope it helps - Witcher 3

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe I've waited this long to get into B&W. This map looks even better then the other ones and I'm digging learning about a whole new culture. God damn these developers are seriously on another level with their games. This expansion could've sold for a 60$ stand alone triple A.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

I can't believe I've waited this long to get into B&W. This map looks even better then the other ones and I'm digging learning about a whole new culture. God damn these developers are seriously on another level with their games. This expansion could've sold for a 60$ stand alone triple A.

I still have a boner thinking about Cyberpunk 2077.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Man, this game is so much better than Witcher 2. Controls alone are night and day.

I had to switch back to my PC monitors from my OLED though, for some reason the resolution looked shit no matter what game or TV settings I tried. Other games have looked fine until now (Mad Max, for instance).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, this game is so much better than Witcher 2. Controls alone are night and day.

I had to switch back to my PC monitors from my OLED though, for some reason the resolution looked shit no matter what game or TV settings I tried. Other games have looked fine until now (Mad Max, for instance).
That's weird, because pretty sure we have same LG OLED and game looks tits on mine. Does it ever tell you what resolution it was on?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That's weird, because pretty sure we have same LG OLED and game looks tits on mine. Does it ever tell you what resolution it was on?

In game settings was just 1080p but I dunno. Fine playing it on my desktop monitors, still using 360 controller.

I need to find an inventory/character stats UI mod. I've seen pics of a better than default one that showed dps and stuff in the bottom right but no luck finding it anywhere.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So about 100 more hours and I barely touched B&W. My OCD kicked in and I had to clear my quest log out. One of those being all the damn treasure hunts I had (so I have all the recipes for all the gear now), and the damn Gwent thing which took me forever. I now have all the Gwent cards, but haven't really changed my strategy. I still flood spies on Northern deck with my main units being siege, with a trio of the melee units that get stronger with the same type and a set of the archers that do the same. The only deck I've come across that can give me trouble is the same type of deck (spy flooding), but I keep an ample amount of decoys for those decks (decoy's work well with the siege unit that can rez as well).

Back in B&W and I wish I had come here sooner to make some money. Seems every merchant has 4-10k in their purse.

Since I was being such a completionist I checked out my achievs and noticed I never got the one for finishing the game on Death March. Shit really bums me out. I don't remember switching the difficulty at all during the game but I'm not saying it couldn't have happened. Guess after B&W I'll NG+ this shit and beat it again.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This was pretty good, though I think it fell a little bit short of all the hype I've read for it.

I kind felt like the main story wasn't super interesting, especially at the end, and at times was a little confusing because of being able to do it non-linearly in areas (like all the Dandelion stuff). A lot of the side stuff was pretty cool and some of the main story subquests were great (like the whole Bloody Baron story). In general, though, I think part of not being super impressed is just being older and having seen dozens of variations of these stories by now.

Still, a really good game. I actually really enjoyed the fights when they were so high level they had the skull. Those could actually be a fun challenge because a lot of it was 1-2 hits deaths upon mistake. It's too bad anything within six levels or whatever was such a breeze once you get used to the mechanics. I wishthe witchering part had a little more depth as it was often just "hold down your witcher senses and follow the red glow."

The graphics were amazingly beautiful. I took so many screenshots in this game (though I wish they had used a few more head models; they recycle them a lot and that was a little disorienting, especially when you come across the Novigrad kids vs the swamp kids). Novigrad is probably the first city in a game I've played where it actually felt like a lot like a real city.

But yeah, good stuff, 9/10 for me. I've yet to play the expansions and I heard those were actually better than the main story so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But yeah, good stuff, 9/10 for me. I've yet to play the expansions and I heard those were actually better than the main story so I'm looking forward to that.

Way better. Not that I consider the main story bad in any way (aside from thinking it would have been fun to spend more time as Ciri), but Heart of Stone/Blood and Wine are absolutely amazing.

• 1Like

Hekotat

How alive the world felt is what really shined to me, I love exploring and that game gave me a hard on with the exploring aspect.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How alive the world felt is what really shined to me, I love exploring and that game gave me a hard on with the exploring aspect.

Yep, totally agree. That's where I had my most fun. When most of all three maps was completely discovered, I hit a bit of a lull and didn't finish the main story quests until a bit later. But it definitely was a pretty immersive experience, as much as any video game can be, I think.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I still need to finish the main campaign. I always bog down around Skellige and lose interest for some reason :( Have heard nothing but awesome things about the expansions. The side quests I have found to almost more interesting.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I still need to finish the main campaign. I always bog down around Skellige and lose interest for some reason :( Have heard nothing but awesome things about the expansions. The side quests I have found to almost more interesting.

Blood and Wine was better than any part of the main game IMHO. Heart of Stone is up there with Bloody Baron.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I need to complete the DLC stuff.

I always did one side quest, then one main quest.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I dunno what the experience is like, but I saw that you could start a new game specifically for Blood and Wine (maybe for Hearts of Stone as well). So that lowers the barrier to entry quite a bit :)

• 1Like