Witcher 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been playing this game for over a year and still haven't gotten to the DLC. When I play it's marathon sessions and then I don't play for a month or two. There's just so much to do. I'm like 90 hours in and feel like I'm not close to the end at all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've returned to play this to try and get into it but can't really. Luckily I've been able to play the same save.

Right now I'm wandering around a huge city asking bitches about Dandelion in one of the most boring quests in RPG history.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've never really liked dandelion... and I don't really like any big cities in games... So that part was hard for me to get through... But yeah, just push through.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Am I a heretic for abandoning this game 5 hours in after being swamped by a massive backlog, and never picked it back up?

I loved it, its an amazing game, I just never committed and finished it.

I played for 2-3 hours when it released, but had a shitty video card at the time and stopped playing.

It does seem like a game you might have to force yourself to play for awhile before becoming invested. Didn't have that immediate "fun factor" that games like HZD had for me, but I don't doubt how incredible the game is. Hoping sometime this year to finally burn through it, but it seems almost daunting, and I wanna play some of the shorter games in my backlog before hand.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I've returned to play this to try and get into it but can't really. Luckily I've been able to play the same save.

Right now I'm wandering around a huge city asking bitches about Dandelion in one of the most boring quests in RPG history.
That's probably the worst act, at least it has brothels, but then you make it to Skellige and the game turns the awesomess to 11.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I liked the Novigrad part. Thought the whole religious witch hunt aspect was cool.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, and Dijkstra is great. There wasn't a single bad part of the story and Tuco acting like the Dandelion portions are the most boring questline in RPG history is ridic. He's just mad cuz Dandelion is gettin bitches.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
The best part about Dandelion is how he narrates in this adult / heroic voice in the loading screens. I never found out if that was simply older Dandelion, or just "acting manly" Dandelion

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
pretty sure it's old dandelion.

novigrad had some great story elements, dijkstra was great, the witch hunter stuff was great. i just... it's the city itself. i can't stand navigating in cities.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game still have the best sunsets in any game I've played. Are there any really nice graphics mods out yet?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game still have the best sunsets in any game I've played. Are there any really nice graphics mods out yet?
There's a beautiful grass mod that I use, as well as The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project. Both help out.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just beat Heart of Stone, going to finish up the rest of the ?'s in Skellige before I head out into Blood and Wine. How does BW compare to HoS story wise and gameplay wise?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blood and Wine has quite a bit more story and content than HoS. Story is top notch. It also unlocks a new mutation system which has the potential to make Geralt much more powerful.

Save all your red/blue/green mutagens for that.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just beat Heart of Stone, going to finish up the rest of the ?'s in Skellige before I head out into Blood and Wine. How does BW compare to HoS story wise and gameplay wise?
BW is just bigger and more of it, however the story of HoS felt much tighter and personal, since you are dealing with the Devil himself. They are both a must play, but HoS Portal 1 where BW is Portal 2.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What builds did people go with? I'm rolling a signs build, as I wanted a challenging game, but also feel like a bad ass. Not sure if I'm there yet, but at level 14, using Igni on dudes works out pretty well. Suggestions for a different build?

Also, I'm 45 hours into the game, and just level 14. That normal?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some sort of Alchemy/Combat hybrid will probably works best. Most builds work on Death March, as the combat is very easy with dodge spamming. However, some builds like combat, have an easier time against things like single hard enemies while signs have an easier time against mobs of things. But I find I can get my fill of killing groups of mobs easily enough with Northern Wind and Dragons Breath(sp?) bombs. I also use 2 decoctions with superior Thunderbolt potion (superior potions give you an additional effect which I never knew) to really increase my DPS.

I would definitely get the alchemy trait that increases your toxicity.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What builds did people go with? I'm rolling a signs build, as I wanted a challenging game, but also feel like a bad ass. Not sure if I'm there yet, but at level 14, using Igni on dudes works out pretty well. Suggestions for a different build?

Also, I'm 45 hours into the game, and just level 14. That normal?

I went fast attack and pure combat and I just hit lvl 20 at about that many hours played - I still use Igni or Ard or the trap one for the effects, but not the damage. Only sign I upgraded was the one for dialogue - Finished Novigrad Saturday. I made a point to do a bunch of side quests (because they're interesting to the story and fun) but have only done 3 notice board quests so far. Which, I'm sure, is low. I have all 4 armor pieces of the Witcher Cat set and the 2 Cat swords. It's a cool look, but lite on buffs. Upgraded versions I'm sure will be more interesting (I'm not reading spoilers, so it's "learn as ya go").

There really is no reason or benefit to rush through. It's such a well designed and fleshed out story that if you aren't taking the time to experience it, you're missing a huge reason to play. So, I'd say you'd doing just fine with that many hours and that level.

I almost never use bombs, potions, decotions, or anything else, however. I think I need to turn up the difficulty one more notch for there to be a reason. Or maybe much later in the game it will be necessary.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm burning through the last chapter of Witcher 2 so I can finally start this. Got my steam link set up on my OLED and a wireless 360 controller. Hope it plays well without M/KB

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only problem with 360 controller is that switching between signs is clunky (as are a lot of the controls in the game). I think on m/kb you can switch signs like weapons via the number keys. Not 100% sure because I play with 360 controller.