Witcher 3

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
has anyone loaded up with the new Redux HD mod? Wondering how much better it's looking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just started playing this, got to the part where you meet Yennifer at the Emperors Court.

I rode around beforehand, did some quests, killed that griffin.

I think this is the most immersive RPG world I ever played so far. The scenery is eyedroppingly gorgeous and the world just feels really alive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

Just started playing this, got to the part where you meet Yennifer at the Emperors Court.

I think this is the most immersive RPG world I ever played so far. The scenery is eyedroppingly gorgeous and the world just feels really alive.

Install the Redux mod for even more amazing graphics and new features.

I'm actually baffled you havne't played this before, it's the best RPG I've ever played.

• 1Like

Hekotat

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize the name of the game is Witcher and it's Geralt's story, but I really wish we'd spent more time with Ciri, or maybe given her a DLC or something.

• 1Dislike

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Install the Redux mod for even more amazing graphics and new features.

I'm actually baffled you havne't played this before, it's the best RPG I've ever played.

I wanted too for a long time but i got an old rig and ive been lazy about updating the gfx card. I finally plopped in a new Geforce last week and been catching up on all the good shit i missed this decade

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I realize the name of the game is Witcher and it's Geralt's story, but I really wish we'd spent more time with Ciri, or maybe given her a DLC or something.
I really don't like games that force split you between characters.

I'd play a standalone game as Ciri, but I didn't like working through the story and having to play as her for parts. It was less aggravating in this game than anything else I can think of, though.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I really don't like games that force split you between characters.

I'd play a standalone game as Ciri, but I didn't like working through the story and having to play as her for parts. It was less aggravating in this game than anything else I can think of, though.

same. the Ciri part wasnt too bad (because it was short) but i was basically killing wolves for no reward. no xp, no loot, etc.

• 2Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not really a big fan of that shifting pov stuff either, but I thought it worked pretty well here. Certainly had more gravitas than expository narrative stating she beat the shit out of everyone/got the shit beaten out of her, and also she's in another castle, several times throughout the game.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I got about 30-40 hours in this now, did some side quests, did some exploring. I'm almost done with the Novigrad main story quests I think, I'm at the part where I have to stage a play to lure out Dudu

And I also caught up on the last 60 pages of this thread - starting when the game was released. It was funny to read how much QoL stuff this game was missing until later patches that I take for granted now. "No storage chest? People accidentally activating candles when trying to loot? Are these people retards?"

Anyways, I'm gonna pause on the main story quest line for now and go clear off a bunch of PoIs and Witcher contracts in Velen instead. I'm at like level 14 and I dont want to go to quickly and outlevel any of the earlier quests

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
P.S. It is also extremely clear that this is one of the best, if not the best RPG ever made. The storyline, the cut scenes, especially the dialogue, the inventiveness of the quests is top notch. I just finished Rise of Tomb Raider before starting this and I was groaning at every cut scene in that game because of how cliche and hammy every single line of dialogue was in that game.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

P.S. It is also extremely clear that this is one of the best, if not the best RPG ever made. The storyline, the cut scenes, especially the dialogue, the inventiveness of the quests is top notch. I just finished Rise of Tomb Raider before starting this and I was groaning at every cut scene in that game because of how cliche and hammy every single line of dialogue was in that game.

The world is what sold it for me, it just felt alive in a way that I have never experienced before. Even riding through the forest with no one else around it felt real, I'm not sure how they achieved that but it's a marvel in it's own right.

Did you install that mod for the ultimate eye candy?

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The world is what sold it for me, it just felt alive in a way that I have never experienced before. Even riding through the forest with no one else around it felt real, I'm not sure how they achieved that but it's a marvel in it's own right.

Did you install that mod for the ultimate eye candy?
No, I didn't. I think it already looks amazing and I'm playing on a 37 inch TV in 1080P. I didnt want to stress the graphics card and risk choppiness at the expense of what is now a really smooth game playing experience instead.

I am however gonna install some of these auto looting, no weight limit, auto oils apply mods among others

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yennifer was being a bitch so I basically told her I dont love her anymore after I did the Djinn quest in Skellige. fuck that noise. Triss 4ever

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Triss is just that piece you have on the side while you get your life sorted out. Yennifer is the rock that all men need.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
eh I feel bad for Triss, but after all the shit Geralt went through for Yennefer, I absolutely refuse to believe the wish from that stupid Djinn was the only thing tying them together.

I'm STILL pissed that chasing a three-way just leaves you with neither one though.

• 2Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
His smile fair as spring, as towards him he draws you

His tongue sharp and silvery, as he implores you

Your wishes he grants, as he swears to adore you

Gold, silver, jewels – he lays riches before you

Dues need be repaid, and he will come for you

All to reclaim, no smile to console you

He’ll snare you in bonds, eyes glowing’, a fire

To gore and torment you, till the stars expire

Master of Mirrors Gaunter O'Dimm

C0BC1755-05C8-45E4-BF6F-4BE932AA081D.gif

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Triss is just that piece you have on the side while you get your life sorted out. Yennifer is the rock that all men need.

no way, Yennifer uses Geralt for her own ends and treats him like shit. total 180 from Triss

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
pffft, Geralt's one and only is clearly Sasha, for whom they both share in common the only thing that truly matters in a lover, Gwent.

• 1Solidarity