Witcher 3

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The mod that removes dandelion talking during the loading screen - total game changer

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I found a bunch of QoL mods. Quest markers always on the map, better icons for inventory with labels, fast travel from anywhere which eliminates the need to walk back to sign posts, fast loot to skip the pop up and slowness of looting, auto apply oil, 9999 weight, and no item decay.

It is so much nicer to play, gets rid of all the tedious stuff without changing the gameplay, with maybe the exception of the oil one. I just never used oils before, if it makes things too easy I’ll just get rid of that one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found a bunch of QoL mods. Quest markers always on the map, better icons for inventory with labels, fast travel from anywhere which eliminates the need to walk back to sign posts, fast loot to skip the pop up and slowness of looting, auto apply oil, 9999 weight, and no item decay.

It is so much nicer to play, gets rid of all the tedious stuff without changing the gameplay, with maybe the exception of the oil one. I just never used oils before, if it makes things too easy I’ll just get rid of that one.
Hmm I'll have to install the no item Decay. That shit is annoying.

I left off at the beginning of HoS and haven't had a desire to get back into it yet. I tend to play in 20-30 hour spurts where then I'll get tired of it again and put it down for a while before coming back later for another bit of time.

• 2Solidarity

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished Heart of Stone and it was great. Started Blood and Wine now and it was a whole new color palette going to the new lands. And according to everyone it will deliver great content as well. :)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Real men are still in Velen trying to win their first qwent game

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finished Heart of Stone and it was great. Started Blood and Wine now and it was a whole new color palette going to the new lands. And according to everyone it will deliver great content as well. :)
Blood and Wine is a great send off for the Witcher franchise.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Getting back into this game and can’t figure out item levels. I’m level 21 and just did a witcher contract that said it was level 24. Quest mob dropped a level 15 sword. Are mob drop levels random? I could see if it was an over leveled quest and it dropped loot at my level instead of its listed level but why was the loot -6 to me when the quest level was +3?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Getting back into this game and can’t figure out item levels. I’m level 21 and just did a witcher contract that said it was level 24. Quest mob dropped a level 15 sword. Are mob drop levels random? I could see if it was an over leveled quest and it dropped loot at my level instead of its listed level but why was the loot -6 to me when the quest level was +3?

I don’t believe the quest level, character level, loot level are tied together at all. The quest level is just what level they recommend your character level to be and the loot level is the required character level to use it.

You can do quests well before the recommended level. You can’t wear loot until you reach the item level with your character. All of your item levels will be at or below your character level. There are some very nice items the you could be using that could be seven levels below your character level, just because they’re so good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good info thanks Hateyou Hateyou I guess I haven’t come across any of these good items yet (by good I assume you mean unique or unusually powerful modifiers?). Everything I’ve found is pretty generic damage range or armor value with 3% Crit or 5% bleed chance etc.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ahh ok. I was going to suggest a mod to balance those quest rewards, but you can't mod the PS4 version.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
When did you guys leave Velen for Skellige? Got the quest to go, but theres still tons of area in Velen I havent been yet.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
When did you guys leave Velen for Skellige? Got the quest to go, but theres still tons of area in Velen I havent been yet.

Been a long time since I played, but I want to say I left around level 20-25. I spent a lot of time finishing up quests in Velen and randomly exploring from POI to POI.

It was definitely overkill when I got to Skellige. Just looked up the recommended level and it says its 16, which sounds about right to me. At Lvl 25 I was breezing through the main quest storyline in Skellige.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

I enjoyed Blood and Wine way more than Hearts of Stone (mostly because there was less filler like the whole lengthy party sequence and a whole new map). The color palette in B&W is also amazing when you compare to something like Velen.

• 2Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Been a long time since I played, but I want to say I left around level 20-25. I spent a lot of time finishing up quests in Velen and randomly exploring from POI to POI.

It was definitely overkill when I got to Skellige. Just looked up the recommended level and it says its 16, which sounds about right to me. At Lvl 25 I was breezing through the main quest storyline in Skellige.
Thats where im at. Not really sure if I should stay and clean up Velen because Im getting kind of sick of it. Might just explore the whole map and ditch a lot of quests

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Thats where im at. Not really sure if I should stay and clean up Velen because Im getting kind of sick of it. Might just explore the whole map and ditch a lot of quests
Go to Skellige, do some of the main quest, then come back to Velen when you get tired of Skellige.

Velen will feel fresh again then.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Ive been going back and forth, with the majority of time in Velen just to break it up a bit. I’m only level 15, so won’t go there for good for a while most likely. I still have a huge amount of POI and quests in Velen.