Witcher 3

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Thanks guys, so she can basically play witcher2 and youtube witcher 1 then? in prep for witcher3
Yes.

And think this was posted earlier as well, but remember to get

REDKit

when playing Witcher 2. Combat re-balance mod done by a developer of the game.

Makes it so that it is very enjoyable with a controller as well.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really enjoyed Witcher 1.

Witcher 2 was a better game mechanically and graphically but I enjoyed the meat and potatoes from 1 better for some reason. I felt the story in 2 was a bit too forceful on trying to be a shade of grey.

Witcher 3 looks to be something different yet again. We'll see how well they resolve the on going stories.

Regardless its a great, gritty series. I'm glad they are opening up the game a bit and taking chances with development. These guys are amazing and deserve support.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes.

And think this was posted earlier as well, but remember to get

REDKit

when playing Witcher 2. Combat re-balance mod done by a developer of the game.

Makes it so that it is very enjoyable with a controller as well.
Are side quests in the game just an after thought? Not very far into witcher 2, and picked up a few quests from a notice board and I guess I'm just a filthy casual from other mmos that hand hold you? Some quests will be marked, and others even when selected won't tell you shit? Especially steps after the first. Have to figure out where to go on your own I guess.
frown.png

At least my research for a better quest UI led me to the mod you linked.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just explore - while the size of the game is not super small - its still limited. If you run around the areas in the game you will uncover most quests - just do the talk to everyone explore everywhere method - you won't miss much if anything.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Are side quests in the game just an after thought? Not very far into witcher 2, and picked up a few quests from a notice board and I guess I'm just a filthy casual from other mmos that hand hold you? Some quests will be marked, and others even when selected won't tell you shit? Especially steps after the first. Have to figure out where to go on your own I guess.
frown.png

At least my research for a better quest UI led me to the mod you linked.
There are mainly 3 types of quests

Main - All steps, areas and npcs you need to interact with viewable on map

Side quest 1 (major, several parts)- Some icons (usually NPC interactions) on maps. Usually the parts that push the quest to the next part are marked.

Side quest 2 (minor, one/few parts) - Might not be on map at all. Areas might be as general as "outside of town". Example: The notice board in the first town has a quest to destroy 4 nests. You know they are outside the village, but that is about it (they are in the same general area, so if you find one, they are all in close proximity).

All three usually have lore tied to them that further specify locations. Example: Quest might still be on your log, but in reality you need to progress to an entirely different chapter of the game to start it up again. Unless you go into the lore log journal and read that, the quest log below the minimap might fool you to think it is in the current area you are at.

Basic advice is to read up on the quest journal from time to time. I could have avoided a lot of running around if I had done that the first time I played it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Norwegian newspaper was at the event recently in Stockholm too, and confirmed that the developers used the statement "several" hundred hours long to complete the whole thing. So Skyrim size. Area over 25 times as large as The Witcher 2.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Read the other day that Geralts beard will grow over time in game which I thought was odd but cool detail to add but at 200+ hours It makes it sound much cooler

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I honestly don't know if I can handle a 200+ hour game. Ain't nobody got time for that

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the idea is that by the time you're near the end of the game enough real life time will have passed that you can afford a nice enough rig to run the final battle on max settings.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The skyrim lesson they should learn isn't length of play time but modability. I never would have put the 300+ hours I have into Skryim if I had just been stuck with vanilla. It's the mods that have made me want to play it several times over now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
25 hours of loading screens and forced dice games with very slow and repetitive machinima cutscenes. 25 hours of dicking around with MMO-style alchemy and crafting. 25 hours of running around on your horse trying to do remember what's going on. 25 hours of doing useless side quests and collection quests ala DAI.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
All those things are fine with me as long as I am entertained. To be honest I"m sure Ill burnout before 200 hours. Who cares if you don't complete 100% of everything if it wasn't fun whatever. At least you know there is probably 75 hours guaranteed of something you enjoy doing at least since you only accounted for half of the 200 hours tuco.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You guys aren't seriously looking at 200+ hours and thinking the main plot is longer than 30-40 right? Even at 30-40 hours, you probably stopped to smell the roses and got sidetracked by a few other quests you found interesting.

Skyrim was only 20 quests for the main storyline, which is what percentage of the overall number of quests? I'm sure very low.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The problem for me is I always do side quests as early as possible, which leaves me burned out way before the end of the game. Same thing happened in skyrim for me, I never came close to finishing it. I did have some of the best shit you could get by the time you blew the horn thing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People who played Skyrim a lot and never went to Sovngarde blow my mind.

1271571-1323212708.jpg

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
People who played Skyrim a lot and never went to Sovngarde blow my mind.
I did that the first time I played Skyrim. Just got burned out exploring and doing at the other stuff around. I never actually finish the main story until years later on another playthrough.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Steam says I have put 455 hours in to Skyrim. I have completed the main quest line exactly once.