Witcher 3

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks excellent. I really hope they stretch on the sandbox part of it and make it so that not only can you 'rescue' towns from monsters, but that towns can be okay, then go back to the 'monster' state. And choosing which towns to rescue will change some larger global part of the game. Maybe there's several factions, and as a witcher you can choose which side etc.

I'm afraid they'll do it like DAI, where they took their cinematic, semi-open world series and just add 'sandbox elements' without really adding the heart of what makes a sandbox game.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
80% of Skyrim + better combat system would be a big hit for this game. That's all I want. DAI wasn't as open-world as they advertised, a bit disappiont.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looks excellent. I really hope they stretch on the sandbox part of it and make it so that not only can you 'rescue' towns from monsters, but that towns can be okay, then go back to the 'monster' state. And choosing which towns to rescue will change some larger global part of the game. Maybe there's several factions, and as a witcher you can choose which side etc.

I'm afraid they'll do it like DAI, where they took their cinematic, semi-open world series and just add 'sandbox elements' without really adding the heart of what makes a sandbox game.
They claim to have 27(?) different endings, but who knows what that actually means. After all, Deus Ex: Human Revolution had "4" endings.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Bought a new rig for this. MSI gs30 shadow laptop with GPU dock. Waiting till closer to release to see if prices on graphic cards come down or a new one is released. If not will be grabbing a 980gtx and a 21:9 UWHD monitor or 4k.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want this game badly. I need my immersive fantasy world fix. I haven't played a poop socker I can get lost in since DAI and since I don't got a ps4 I can't play bloodborne.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If they deliver on even half of that gameplay trailer, Game of the Decade may not be beyond them. I know I was O.O at some of it. It'd certainly be a gauntlet tossed in Bethesda's direction.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let's not go crazy with 'game of the decade' talk before a game even comes out. All they've shown is a beautiful game and some ambitious ideas.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any ideas if they are planning to release a PS4 bundle with this game? That would have me bite the bullet to get one (before FFXV).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yes, let's not go crowning it the best game ever. All games can look good in trailers

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Any ideas if they are planning to release a PS4 bundle with this game? That would have me bite the bullet to get one (before FFXV).
I can't imagine that they would. I think PC is the platform of choice for Witcher games.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The Witcher 3 Developer Talks About Systems, Fetch Quests, Adaptable Loot, Nudity and Penises and More | DualShockers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has just gone gold, and we?re slightly more than a month away from its release. Senior Game Designer Damien Monnier talked in depth about quite a few elements of the game during a podcast on GameTrailers.
Below you can read a summary of the points made that included new information.
The damage made to Geralt?s face when he?s intoxicated by his potion is actually displayed in cutscenes. White Honey cures it.
There are very very few fetch quests in the game. The team doesn?t particularly like them. Those that are there spend time developing the character that gives the quest. For instance there?s one in which you have to go from point to point with a character, and while you do he tells you in depth about him. That can influence the choice at the end of the quest.
Monsters can attack you while you?re meditating.
The AI of normal animals like sheeps and goats is pretty basic. It will tell them that there?s a bush that they might like within their radius, so they?ll go eat it. The same goes for animals or entities they?re scared of, causing them to run away.
If you kill that goat, it?s gonna produce a smell, and monsters may be attracted to it if there?s one that likes that kind of meat in the radius. If no one eats it and the corpse rots, a different kind of monster that eats rotten meat will be attracted.
If there are deers in an area wolves will hunt them, but if you kill all the deers you may see some wolves patrolling, but there will be less because there?s less game.
The reason why ice skating was removed from the game (very few things have been actually cut) is because creating a big fight based on a completely different set of mechanics that haven?t been explained or used before and that the players didn?t have the opportunity to master is a bad idea, as it gets people killed too easily and frustrated.
In some cases when you kill the monsters in an area, humans will settle it. In the prologue there?s actually a cutscene that shows is as it happens so that the players understand the mechanic. It?s not always so simple, and there are different states. Whenever you go into an area the game will check what you have and what you haven?t done, who you helped, who you killed, the decisions you made during quests and dialogue. That can change a lot of things, including the people that spawn in a village. The mechanic is simple, but it can get complex because of all the branching.
Monsters don?t scale with your level. If you?re way underleveled compared to a monster, you?ll do almost no damage.
The level of an enemy is displayed, but is its level is indicated by a skull you better stay away, because it?s way too strong for you, and it might even oneshot you.
The bestiary populates itself as you learn information and eventually it tells you where a monsterlives, at what times of day it appears, what it?s vulnerable to.
Gear has been moved around very recently to re-balance it.
You won?t find items you can?t use because you?re too low level. They will automatically scale down to your level if they?re too high for you. For instance the damage of a weapon will be lower, even if they will keep their ?cool? elements like setting elements on fire for instance. Once you pick up an item, its stats are set, so it won?t scale back up to its original stats. That said, you?ll always get better loot as you move forward anyway. There?s no need to wait to be the right level before you get an item.
You can use Axii on your horse to force him not to panic during combat. Quen can be changed from defensive to offensive, and it can explode and damage enemies when it?s penetrated.
There was a big conversation within the team on whether Geralt could be fully nude or not. The conversation also involved the extra polygons that would be used for his penis and who would animate it while running (Editor?s Note: at this point I believed he was joking, but Monnier specified that he was actually serious). On the other side, others believed that there was a lot of female nudity in the game, so there should be male nudity as well. The result is that there?s a lot more male nudity than in previous games, but Geralt still normally wears his underwear.
The Gwent minigame was designed to last ten minutes tops for each match. You can win money, new cards, enter a torunament with all the best Gwent players. There are even quests linked to the game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Someone tweet Anna Kendrick so we can get the no-Geralt-penis injustice corrected.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not sure how I feel about this one. Everything else looked pretty good

Gear has been moved around very recently to re-balance it.
You won't find items you can't use because you're too low level. They will automatically scale down to your level if they're too high for you. For instance the damage of a weapon will be lower, even if they will keep their "cool" elements like setting elements on fire for instance. Once you pick up an item, its stats are set, so it won't scale back up to its original stats. That said, you'll always get better loot as you move forward anyway. There's no need to wait to be the right level before you get an item.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't like scaling of any kind for any reason. That said, this game just keeps looking better.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm debating whether to get this on PS4 or PC. Couch+big TV is probably gonna win.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Pre-order for PS4 complete.
I love me some PC, but couch + tv wins for now.. unless it's FPS, strictly PC then.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree Ritley. Rebalancing gear right before gold is just begging to be broken and in need of an early patch. I also don't really like the idea of gear scaling down. If I kill some rare badass monster I want his badass loot, not a lesser version of it. Not sure how this game works, but if it's a unique drop that only happens once in the game, can you gimp yourself out of great gear just by killing the monster or doing the quest at a lower level than intended? I like to push myself in these kinds of games and see how godlike I can become by killing much harder monsters than I should be able to kill, but if that scales down my rewards I'm not so sure I can do that this time around.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Console for everything but MMOs and RTS games. I like console FPS because there is a much bigger skill gap between players using a controller.