Witcher 3

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My GoG account was hacked. I have a pretty decent password and have had the account for a couple years. Only happened since W3 and Galaxy released. Just a heads up.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I can't be the only person who switches between all 3 Witcher armor sets as the game progresses. That shit is heavy even with the 100 weight saddlebags. Why there is no fucking stash in this game is completely incomprehensible. I'm admittedly a loot whore but godamn I hate having to fast travel back to town to spend 20 minutes hopping between merchants.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I can't be the only person who switches between all 3 Witcher armor sets as the game progresses. That shit is heavy even with the 100 weight saddlebags. Why there is no fucking stash in this game is completely incomprehensible. I'm admittedly a loot whore but godamn I hate having to fast travel back to town to spend 20 minutes hopping between merchants.
Yeah it's a complete pain in the ass. I did the same thing, switching between the 3 sets based on my level. The only solace is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel....all the mastercrafted versions of all 3 sets are the same lvl limit, so once you reach the end you can choose which one fits your playstyle the best and sell the rest. By that point you should be close to the end of the game anyways.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's a complete pain in the ass. I did the same thing, switching between the 3 sets based on my level. The only solace is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel....all the mastercrafted versions of all 3 sets are the same lvl limit, so once you reach the end you can choose which one fits your playstyle the best and sell the rest. By that point you should be close to the end of the game anyways.
The game is super easy. I levelled up mostly on Relic Armour I found throughout which was usually better than the witcher stuff, once you get mastercrafted though you only need 1 set.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the biggest difficulty in this game is the inventory management and counter intuitive UI. I get the immersion thing, but when you spend more time vendor farming than exploring, the shark has been jumped. That's one area where DA:I is superior. Overall, the crafting is more enjoyable in W3, though.

nuday

Golden Squire
Is there no way at all to stash stuff? I wanted to go ahead and craft all of the witcher sets, but I figured I would just drop them in a corner in Kaer Morhen and just pick them back up if I ever need them. I've been running through the streets and randomly found other loot I've dropped from time to time. Does shit despawn?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is there no way at all to stash stuff? I wanted to go ahead and craft all of the witcher sets, but I figured I would just drop them in a corner in Kaer Morhen and just pick them back up if I ever need them. I've been running through the streets and randomly found other loot I've dropped from time to time. Does shit despawn?
To my knowledge, items dropped on the ground don't decay (though I would test with something shitty like a rusty novigrad sword or w/e to confirm). So you could just drop your piles of whatever next to your favorite waypoints.

That answers the question of "is there no way to stash stuff?" not the question of, "why the fuck isn't there a stash in this game?" because I feel like that has no good answer.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
What an incredibly enjoyable game. I don't really know what to say other than that. I'm satisfied, I'm glad I supported this studio since the first one. I look forward to literally whatever else they do with Witcher in the title.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm loving this game. GoG $$$ well spent. The $600 I spent on the video card to run it properly kind of sucked but at least I'll be set up for the new Oculus and Valve VR sets when they release.

I am only a short way into the second chapter and I have upgraded both weapons several times. Do I need to keep my original "Witcher" swords or can I sell those?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The original ones yes, but those you find during quests - ursine/cat/bear you should hold onto, but they aren't terribly hard to craft again if you change your mind later

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The original ones yes, but those you find during quests - ursine/cat/bear you should hold onto, but they aren't terribly hard to craft again if you change your mind later
For the sake of completeness, there's a wolf set now too (thanks free DLC). It's medium armor and I think it has both attack power and sign intensity bonuses.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most annoying fight so far definitely goes to those bitches you have to fight inside your Yrden circle. Attack, attack... aaaand I'm out of the circle. Still, made me happy to kill it.

I like using the mutagen potions that give Geralt the Sith super AIDS. I keep expecting someone to comment on it like a Fallout game.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is there any easy way to deal with the rock/earth elemental guys other than just slowly working them down with your sword? I'm level 25 or so, I hit a normal enemy for like 400+ and elementals for about 50-75. Takes FOREVER to kill them. It's not hard, just really, really monotonous hacking away for 5 minutes.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dimerterium Bomb makes him take more damage from hits.

I assume you are using Elementa Oil and Thunderbolt?

DMK_sl

shitlord
65 hours in. I'm still fucken loving this game. I'm enjoying it so much I think I may try to complete every contract and side quest before I finish the main story.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
really wanna love this game but goddamn do I hate the consolitis control scheme. It's the reason why I could only play Witcher 2 for about 5 minutes before uninstalling. I've only forced myself into enduring witcher 3 because of all the phenomenal reviews.

Well I blame consoles since this shit didn't start until RPGs started being made on consoles and then ported over to PC but it could also be developers trying for "realism" in physics but getting their math wrong by several orders of magnitude.

I think I noticed this shit first in games like Assassin's Creed, but a lot of RPGs do this, idk do they all use the same engine? DA:I did it, witcher does it. even ES:Skyrim to a lesser extent.

I don't know how to explain it other than the control scheme is a parkinson's simulator.

me: oh i'm 1 foot away from interacting with this item in the game world, let me momentarily press 'w'.
game: Character fling's himself forward in Zidane headbutt maneuver with 10x his own mass, winding up 30 feet beyond the point where you wanted to go

me: there is a 2 inch high rock preventing me from walking forward for some dumb ass reason even though I can climb near vertical cliff faces. oh well i guess have to press jump
game: leaping somersault over non-existing obstruction followed by fall damage.

me: kinda close to the edge of this cliff, let me turn slightly to prevent the game from making my character throw himself into river
game: Oh you wanted to do a wall kick backflip to certain death? cool that's what will happen.

me: let me aim at the center of these stairs and walk down them slowly since this game's control scheme is so fucking terrible
game: time for a tumble down some stairs followed by 15 minutes of family guy style 'holding of knee and breathing in through your teeth' wailing

me: wouldn't it be great if there was a run/walk toggle button or normal movement + sprint by holding shift? you know the standard control schema for video games? to avert all this stupidity?
game: nope, we decide pacing based on thematic need. in a 5x5 room? all movement keys are full speed sprints, where you just slam your body back and forth between book shelves. Is there a scene were you must follow a character who is fleeing you? time to walk slow mo mode. wanna go off the beaten path? fuck you. You can leap over anything less than 10 feet in height but your horse stops all movement at the slightest shrubbery. Unless you want to just hold shift and go on rails to all your destinations.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The controls are just shit, but it's not consolitis. I can't imagine why someone, when they find they can't traverse a 2-inch rock, might conclude that a console is to blame.