Witcher 3

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I honestly don't even know why there are candles and sconces in the game...it's not like there is any stealth component to the game where darkness is preferred. Light em all, keep them lit, and don't let Geralt interact with them.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they exist and are on right on top of other objects you want to interact with just so you can accidentally use magic in towns and the peasants flip their shit and then the guards attack you.

wait so everyone agrees the controls are fucking terrible, then why do they continue to release games with these shitty controls?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't even know why there are candles and sconces in the game...it's not like there is any stealth component to the game where darkness is preferred. Light em all, keep them lit, and don't let Geralt interact with them.
If I had to guess, I'd say that stealth/darkness was going to play a bigger part at one point in the game's development cycle, then they decided to scrap it. Unfortunately for all of us, they opted to leave in the ignite/douse interactions (because fuck you, that's why).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a simple fix to rebind Ignite/Extinguish to a different key or gamepad button.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really like the game, but I still have some complaints:

The candle thing as was mentioned

The controls also were mentioned. On top of that not being able to jump while in combat. That one inch ledge becomes a fuckton more annoying when you can't get over it.

Falling damage. Absolutely ridiculous, fall from like 5 feet and you are dead.

Gear durability. Overall it is a useless mechanic that takes away from gameplay and only adds frustration

Storage. Let me have a shared chest that I can store all of this shit that I have no idea if I will ever need.

Terrain traps. Have had two instances where I have had to load a previous save because there are areas where you can drop down into shallow water and you can't jump back out. Why can't you jump in shallow water? Fuck you, that's why.

belu

Lord Nagafen Raider
The falling damage is stupid, but if you hit jump before you hit the ground you'll do a roll and take no damage. Agree with the rest of your list.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Most shit things about the game can be tweaked. I'm such a fanboy of this game though I kind of feel like its part of its charm. Completely irrational and bullshit but hey I just fucken love this game.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The only small tweak that should be made to durability is that your damage shouldn't be reduced until your weapon is in the red/damaged ranged. Starting to knock off damage as soon as you're down to about 85% durability is dumb.

I need to get back on track and finish this game off. I've spent my last 5-6 hours playing(I only get to play an hour or two a night) doing the Gwent quests & high stakes tournament. Damn that little card game is fun.

nuday

Golden Squire
The not jumping in combat was really fucking annoying anytime I was trying to get out of a boat and a siren bumped me into combat.

Also, I never really understood the fall damage as far as game lore goes, because I remember the cutscene for the first game Geralt jumps from like the third floor of a castle during a fight.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only small tweak that should be made to durability is that your damage shouldn't be reduced until your weapon is in the red/damaged ranged. Starting to knock off damage as soon as you're down to about 85% durability is dumb.

I need to get back on track and finish this game off. I've spent my last 5-6 hours playing(I only get to play an hour or two a night) doing the Gwent quests & high stakes tournament. Damn that little card game is fun.
Durability doesn't add any balance to the game, and it doesn't make it more fun. It just needs to be removed. It's not that I can't get around it, but why? Why is either carrying around heavy ass kits or returning to a smith every 45 minutes a part of the game? It's not challenging, just tedious

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Did anyone ever start just letting shit go? Not just question mark areas but entire quests? I am level 17, about to wrap up Novigrad and have been doing all quests from lowest to highest and they're turning grey anyway. I've half a mind to just finish up Novigrad and head over to Skellige with no intent to return to Velen. Game just jsn't a fun one to me when I attempt to see everything and thereby get too overleveled.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've recently decided that I am only going to do witcher contracts, main quests, and treasure hunts. Maybe th secondary ones that involve the main characters (yennifer, triss, etc.)

Oh and probably the Gwent ones

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I had several greyed out quests when I finished the game. I figured I'd maybe go back to them once the DLC comes out just to see the side stories.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Most shit things about the game can be tweaked. I'm such a fanboy of this game though I kind of feel like its part of its charm. Completely irrational and bullshit but hey I just fucken love this game.
That's pretty much opinion as well and it is the reason why I stopped playing completely after finishing it instead of hunting achievements. The main story and characters are done so well that the game just kept me hooked from start to finish. Once that stops, I think all the little things would start nagging me until I started to hate it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There already seem to be a few decent balance mods and xp mods (both faster/slower), but I think I'll still wait till redkit and/or something more comprehensive is released for a second full play through.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm playing on PS4, so I have to endure the batshit insane xp curve. I'll probably adopt Ritley's strategy, although I'll do appropriately leveled (not < (my level - 3) ) sidequests.