Witcher 3

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Are you running gog version ? you should have an option to add "free dlc program" at the "configure" page where you choose updates etc. You might have to add it from the gog store.

Something similar on steam probably.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see it. I had to register for all these little DLC like armor sets, finishing moves and alternative girl looks specifically
smile.png

And now it's telling me the game is not complete on the save
biggrin.png

solution: gotta reload that save and save again. There's no "game over=1" flag in your savegame without the NG+ DLC

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Especially with some side quests heavily tying into the main story...

If you actually do this on Death March, that would be quite impressive. Underleveled, terrible gear, against the Wild Hunt? Stream pls.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That would be retarded. Why would you not touch a single side quest?
I do them if they're on the way, but I don't go out of my way to touch side quests. It's the way I roll in all games. Might hit some near the end if they have gear or something.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Alot of the side quest lead you to armor upgrade patterns and armor/weapons in general - Not to mention the experience and the fact some of the are pretty entertaining.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I guess I should state I am playing this on PS4. Load times on the PS4 are atrocious. Using an SSHD.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I do them if they're on the way, but I don't go out of my way to touch side quests. It's the way I roll in all games. Might hit some near the end if they have gear or something.
This game would be the exception then. Don't do that. The side quests alone have better plots than most games.

Khane

How do you switch potions when both are equipped?
You can use the up or down buttons on the D pad if the potions are equipped or you can go into inventory and hit the square button to use the potion directly from there (Best way to use potions like Thunderbolt right as a boss fight starts)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're now playing Witcher 2 for the story.

What an absolutely terrible game compared to 3. It's unbelievable how bad it is compared to it.

Khane

I'm still only level 8 and in Velen finishing up the first chain of quests to locate ciri and I've been going to every POI and doing every sidequest I can find. Partly because there's no way I'd be able to play the game through on Death March if I don't but also because it's actually interesting.

Question, is it feasible to skip ahead and do the master armorer/weaponsmith sidequests I've got? I have a ton of plans I can't make use of because the blacksmiths are all not skilled enough. Do those quests involve killing higher level crap or are they loot and scoot?

Also, I'm prioritizing signs on both equipment and via talent points. Are they viable end game or am I gimping myself?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm still only level 8 and in Velen finishing up the first chain of quests to locate ciri and I've been going to every POI and doing every sidequest I can find. Partly because there's no way I'd be able to play the game through on Death March if I don't but also because it's actually interesting.

Question, is it feasible to skip ahead and do the master armorer/weaponsmith sidequests I've got? I have a ton of plans I can't make use of because the blacksmiths are all not skilled enough. Do those quests involve killing higher level crap or are they loot and scoot?

Also, I'm prioritizing signs on both equipment and via talent points. Are they viable end game or am I gimping myself?
The master armorer is loot and scoot though you have to get to Skellige for that.

The master weaponsmith has two fights against multiple mid 20s opponents (that I can remember, anyway) that would be pretty intense to get through at a low level.

Though I believe there are journeyman armor/weaponsmiths in Oxenfurt (which you can get to relatively early) that can craft pretty much anything short of the level 30+ mastercrafted stuff.

I also don't think you can go wrong with signs; they are very powerful.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For the master armorer you need to go to Skellige, so you can't even now. The master swordsmith quest you are probably way underleveled for. However, the dwarf at the Bloody Baron's and the smith at Hierarch square should be able to make you most armor already. Don't know about weapons, I never had any made before the Elite witcher stuff. But elite witcher sets don't start until like level 16 I think.