Witcher 3

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Anyone else have issues with the game crashing on PS4? Happens like once every 2-3 hours for me. Really annoying.

Edit: Meh, just got a "Corrupted Data" error on the latest save too. Good thing save often so only lost about 5 minutes of progress.
It never crashed for me on PS4. Only performance issue I ever had was every once in a while the cutscenes would be momentarily blurry for a second or two.

It never crashed for me on PS4. Only performance issue I ever had was every once in a while the cutscenes would be momentarily blurry for a second or two.
I believe the "momentary blur" during dialog scenes is where it is computing the story based on your previous actions. Does it on Xbox One as well. Zero crashes here as well.

Anyway, I'm in Novigrad now and just went to the ball with Triss. Holy shit I can't remember the last game I actually cared about any characters. This kicks the shit out of Fallout 4 in nearly every way except GUNS.

Only possible gripes are I'm on Xbox One so (1) not 60 FPS and (2) the default controls take a lot of getting used to.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In all fairness, Witcher and Fallout aren't really competing for the same audience. Personally, I enjoy the more guided experience of the Witcher than the sandbox of Fallout, but I don't think that makes Fallout a worse game.

Edit: in my opinion, sandboxes have yet to conquer the problem of being too transparent in their algorithmic construction and gameplay. Fallout 4 does have a ton of handcrafted environments and set pieces, but with almost no rails at all it's impossible to control pacing and story delivery. That makes it much more difficult for me to get fully immersed in the world.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I lost interest in fallout really fast. Graphics weren't even good and the story was pretty miserable
Great game but you hate sandboxes and side quests which is the epitome of a Fallout game. You were quick to judge W3 side quests in Witcher too then gave it a honest shot. I was just running around last night and came across this fucked up group called the Covenant that used their town to help do some shady shit that led to a much bigger story (wont give away the plot). Hell it was 10x better then the main story because that's generally how it always is same thing with the Silver Shroud quest too which was phenomenal. Fallout is always much better once the DLC and mods Come out so maybe you should replay in a year.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Just finished reading the sword of destiny. I was at first curious about the Witcher books. The book start kinda slow but the core story was better than expecting. I really liked it.

Made me appreciate the witcher universe even better.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Is it expected that you won't be able to complete all side quests on lower difficulties? I've been doing all the ones I can, but seem to be outleveling quite a few to the point they turn grey. I mean I guess I can still do them for the story, but the loot/exp would probably not be worth it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter what difficulty you play on, a large chunk the side quests will go grey on you. You can mitigate it by doing every single quest in your log in order by their level, but some of them are still bugged even after all the patches and the actual level does not match the displayed level so you think you're going to get xp but you don't. You also have to be aware of the fact that Skellige's early quests are for something like level 12 or 13 and if you play the game normally they are guaranteed to be grey when you arrive there. So to get xp for them you have to go over there before you're technically supposed to just to do a handful of side quests and then return to the mainland, which makes no sense story-wise.

In the end, the only real solution is to just not worry about it. The game is so easy even on the hardest difficulty that it's not going to matter if you don't get every single point of xp, but you should do them anyway because the reason for playing the game is the story. All you really need to do is make sure that your main quests do not go grey on you, because those are all massive xp compared to side quests. The bigger issue pre-DLC was that you might end up finishing the game at too low level to equip the best item set for your spec. Not sure if that's entirely fixed with the first DLC, I'm not going back to the game until both of them are out.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When others hear sandbox, they think infinite freedom to do whatever you want

When I hear sandbox, I think a game empty as fuck where you can do shit for the sake of doing shit, but nothing ever happens.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dunno what game you playing bro. You'll have last of us Germany edition IRL soon too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was planning to finish all side quests and explore all points of interest before heading to isle of mist but fuck Skellige. That archipelago sucks ass to get around on.

I'm still gonna finish all the side quests first but no way am I trying to get all the POIs over there. Taking your boat to a POI jumping out and diving for treasure is not fun or interesting after the 50th time.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Alright, I'm still playing this and really liking it but what's the point of any gear outside of Witcher Cat/Griffin/etc? I'm level 18 in Velon/Novigrad, advanced the main quest till "move to next area" and am getting around to knocking out all the PoI's and side quests but literally every awesome ass looking relic weapon I find is trash and has been for sometime. Kill a level 20 "guarded treasure" PoI, get a level 13 sword. "Awww shit, Sword of the North sounds badass...wait -67 worse than my current gets old. I got ass raped here off the get go so I figured I'd run the story line still I got enough levels to feel comfortable in the world, now I've suddenly somehow out leveled everything?

It's like there's certain pockets of level appropriate shit, go 200 yards east and it's ?? red skulls, 200 yards east of that, level 8 shit.

"Move to next area" quest is level 16 and here I am hardly touching sidequests in current area at lvl 18 and still running across mobs every now and again that are far higher level than I am. Mixed fucking signals game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Itemization isn't great, but given how great the crafting system is with breaking down stuff and actually making multiple armor sets of the witcher armor with what you found earlier was so much fun I didn't really mind that I discarded most stuff right away. I knew I was on the top of my gear anyways.

Khane

I've done a shitload of POIs and every sidequest I could find. I was level 29 when I finally went to Isle of Mists and now I'm level 32 after advancing the main line just a bit further and I've yet to craft a single piece of gear. Mostly because I've found very specific relics that increase my sign damage and have more rune slots than any of the witcher gear (even master crafted).

I went signs for my build so getting chest armor that gives +30% igni sign intensity + 3 slots for runes at level 24 is better than any of the witcher gear I could make at that level. For my build anyway.

I'm just now at a point where I'm high enough level to actually wear the mastercrafted witcher gear which is finally better than the relics I've been getting.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Top level Crafted shit is the best. Better than most you can find in the wild. I also found I barely broke down equipment since you find so many raw mats or junk items that break into mats. I sold most gear, ended up insanely rich by midgame and money just became trivial.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alright, I'm still playing this and really liking it but what's the point of any gear outside of Witcher Cat/Griffin/etc? I'm level 18 in Velon/Novigrad, advanced the main quest till "move to next area" and am getting around to knocking out all the PoI's and side quests but literally every awesome ass looking relic weapon I find is trash and has been for sometime. Kill a level 20 "guarded treasure" PoI, get a level 13 sword. "Awww shit, Sword of the North sounds badass...wait -67 worse than my current gets old. I got ass raped here off the get go so I figured I'd run the story line still I got enough levels to feel comfortable in the world, now I've suddenly somehow out leveled everything?

It's like there's certain pockets of level appropriate shit, go 200 yards east and it's ?? red skulls, 200 yards east of that, level 8 shit.

"Move to next area" quest is level 16 and here I am hardly touching sidequests in current area at lvl 18 and still running across mobs every now and again that are far higher level than I am. Mixed fucking signals game.
Get this mod, it makes Relic swords worth using.http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/545/?

Khane

Finally beat the base game today. And woudn't you know it? Apparently I'm a gigantic piece of shit because I got the "bad ending". Time to spend another stupid amount of hours beating the hearts of stone expansion.