[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Malkav

French Madman
Question for the bunker/warmill owners? Where did you find your scraps?

I have the bunker for 3 days now, and I still have the initial quest. I've been in four different zones slaughtering a hundred orcs apiece, and none of them ever dropped a single scrap.
Iron Siegeworks in Frostfire Ridge, if you are lvl100 that is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dungeons are the fastest way.

If you're lower level and don't feel like queuing for slag mines, head to Talador between Fort Wrynn and the coast. There's a lumber mill there with a ton of iron horde around L94. The drop rate is still rare, but when they do drop it's pretty likely that you'll get 3 scraps at once, which helps to make it less of a grind.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Dungeons are the fastest way.
Figured it out when I entered my first normal dungeon after quest, and got my first scrap on the first guy I looted.

I think what makes a difference is elite vs non-elite. Non elite have probably a sub-% drop rate. Elites slightly better. Well, War Mill is still good for the free-no hassle raid token as soon as I get my followers up to notch (5 at 100, 15 to go).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Opinions on the Inn/Tavern? I am considering replacing the trading post with it since I don't get a whole lot of use out of it. Super easy to keep my lumber mill going full speed by just doing the Garrison Daily. Although the bank/AH there would be nice... I can go to Warspear just as easily.

Level 3 Tavern looks nice though.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Did I read on here one of the followers and/or buildings allows you to manage missions without going back to your garrison ?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did I read on here one of the followers and/or buildings allows you to manage missions without going back to your garrison ?
All of the outposts apparently have a Mission table available. Haven't looked at the one in Nagrand yet.

One of your bodyguards,Leorajh(one that's hidden away prisoner in a cave in Arak with no quest leading there; you have to know about it) can do that once you're best friend with him. Which takes quite a long time (and lvl 2 Barracks).

Vitality

HUSTLE
? Need to have barricks at level 2 and assign Leorajh as a follower and then get his rep up to rank 3 to unlock his carrier pidgeon utility ability.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, one of the ones you get in Arak once you raise your bodyguard faction to max with it can poop out a mission table.

I juggled my team around to cover counters better - something you should do once you get over cap. I had six dudes with interrupts and only one each for dispel and massive strike. Whoops. For now I'm just xping the sub 100 guys or running select missions because I'm also trying to save to upgrade a building.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nice, i really need to go look up all the followers i'm missing still.
I was doing leeroy the other night-he literally died to the fire on the ground after the beast was dead. I actually laughed quite a bit despite the fact that we were literally 5 seconds away from getting him on the first attempt lol

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Just an fyi, ive had salvage yard at rank 3 for a day or so now and the amount of follower upgrades you get with the largest salvage crates is a lot lower than with the rank 2 salvage yard. Not sure if worth.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Just an fyi, ive had salvage yard at rank 3 for a day or so now and the amount of follower upgrades you get with the largest salvage crates is a lot lower than with the rank 2 salvage yard. Not sure if worth.
I've been hearing complaints like this from multiple people so I've left my salvage yard at rank 2 until I hear differently.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Anyone making noise on forums/twitter about it?

I grabbed all the followers I can get without excessive faction grinding. Was a fun project for a day. Those faction grinds though... Well, I'm really annoyed when the apexis daily is a choice of two areas that don't give any faction. Totally lame.

EDIT: I wonder if people are using the group tool for forming faction grind groups yet. Something to look into, since it's hard to find people in lv100 areas that aren't the daily. Problem being I really only bother with that shit when I'm in queue for a dungeon, heh.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anyone making noise on forums/twitter about it?

I grabbed all the followers I can get without excessive faction grinding. Was a fun project for a day. Those faction grinds though... Well, I'm really annoyed when the apexis daily is a choice of two areas that don't give any faction. Totally lame.

EDIT: I wonder if people are using the group tool for forming faction grind groups yet. Something to look into, since it's hard to find people in lv100 areas that aren't the daily. Problem being I really only bother with that shit when I'm in queue for a dungeon, heh.
Some people were the other night I saw. Mainly the pit and apexis farming.

Everything else is so personal since factions that you can just grind are attached to buildings not everyone has.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kreu did you use a guide for followers? I am missing a certain counter and need to probably go back and do some of the tons I missed.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I just went down the list of greyed out followers and looked each up on wowhead and made a list of the ones I could get to (so I wasn't flying all over the place) and a note of the ones that require grinds etc. Probably not terribly efficient, but it didn't take long.

I charted out my counters the same way, to figure out who I needed to swap. In the end I only had to trade one blue out for a green, the rest were even trades, so it wasn't too painful. I still only have 2 of some counters but that's probably the best I can do without an inn until more dudes reach epic.

I was sad to see my boy Mulverick go though. We had good times back in the day.

Playing with followers is way more fun than stockpiling to upgrade buildings. So I'm forcing myself to save up some.

I have no one with the +resource perk, meh.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
+Resource, +XP, epic mount, etc. are not in any of the fixed slots on any of the guaranteed followers. You either get lucky when they boost to rare/epic or you use the inn and level their asses up from 90.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yep. So jelly. I've managed to contain my follower mission OCD to a gain of about 200 resources a day or so. It's hard, though. I think I'll cry when buildings start popping up expensive lv3 upgrades.

Being out of town for thanksgiving will help.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yep. So jelly. I've managed to contain my follower mission OCD to a gain of about 200 resources a day or so. It's hard, though. I think I'll cry when buildings start popping up expensive lv3 upgrades.

Being out of town for thanksgiving will help.
900 for barracks 2 was kinda brutal. took me a couple days of active resource management to get it.