[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yep, right now I have 900 for war mill. Which is also something you feed resources to. How much does it take to max it out for a day?

And I'm not even tracking my progress for hitting R3 on my shit. Be nice if someone built that into the UI.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm so 100 a day. So just something I'd suspend whenever a building needs upgrading, but I don't think it'll conflict with follower missions. Boosting followers and their ilvl quickly is a faster path to rewards than most buildings, so some shit will probably just be left at r2 for a while.

Do they plan on adding to garrisons in content patches? Higher building ranks, higher follower ilevel, etc?

Also, do you only get 615 one-shot upgrades from salvage/war mill or can you start seeing 630 etc? And if you have say 606 and use the 615 boost, does it just take you to 615?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Pretty sure they just pooped out garrisons as some side-hook not realizing it's a primary content source now.

Why else would they put the storage building in the small category.. fkers

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well it sure beats grinding mobs for faction/apexis/primals. And it's something that, at least for now, actually has some planning and learning involved. It's something to talk about, which WoW has lacked for a good while.

I can't say it enough - this is something that should have been in WoW in some form for years.

Malkav

French Madman
Also, do you only get 615 one-shot upgrades from salvage/war mill or can you start seeing 630 etc? And if you have say 606 and use the 615 boost, does it just take you to 615?
Yup, already got like a 630 armor and 630 weapon upgrade for followers early on. Boosted two of mine quickly to ilvl 615. And I haven't tried, but i think it just takes you to the mentioned ilvl. Meaning it's wasted on a char that already got some upgrades.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question for the bunker/warmill owners? Where did you find your scraps?

I have the bunker for 3 days now, and I still have the initial quest. I've been in four different zones slaughtering a hundred orcs apiece, and none of them ever dropped a single scrap.
Before the nerf there was a cave in Gorgrond that would net you 200 scraps every 1 1/2 hours.

Since then, I finished my last 100 scraps at the shipyard in Nagrand. Killing guards and arbalests got me around 100 in an hour and a half. Finished me blackrock set, looks all snazzy
biggrin.png

Rénji @ Turalyon - Community - World of Warcraft

Got all but the legs, however I like the graphic on the legs I currently have, so now rush to get the last 80 scraps.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
OK, have never really cared about transmog stuff, but damn that looks cool. I've kinda scratched that itch with the Iron Orc Pirate Hat for now though.

Currently sitting at 9 lvl 100s, 800 into saving for the level 3 garrison upgrade and losing my mind. Replaced my lumber mill with an inn some time ago because I wanted daily dungeon missions and more followers. Should have waited.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm running Barracks (3), Tavern (2), War Mill (2), Glad Sanctum (2), Engi and JC (2), Salvage (2), Herb/Mengarie (2), and Mine (3).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have like 15 100's now on my DK, without buying any for 5k G (and definitely not 5k G and apexis) and I still don't have Croman or Leeroy, and no inn to get Millhouse either. Once you get them all to 95+ the XP rolls in, assuming you have a proper mix of counters. Still don't have a single one with +xp or +GR though.
frown.png
About to have a couple greens ding over to blue, maybe I'll finally catch a break.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I take it I just got lucky getting 2 epic followers with +GR and 2 rares with +xp. 1 Epic with +Epic Mount.

Missing some counters though.

Love that the bonuses stack though, putting both GR dudes on a 100Gr mission takes it up to like ~400gr.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I take it I just got lucky getting 2 epic followers with +GR and 2 rares with +xp. 1 Epic with +Epic Mount.

Missing some counters though.
Yeah, I haven't gotten a single epic and only two rare out of like 20 so far.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been hearing complaints like this from multiple people so I've left my salvage yard at rank 2 until I hear differently.
I just upgrade my Salvage Yard to L3 this morning. I will report back with what I have found. What I will say is that, since upgrading, I have gotten around 20 - 30% Big Salvage Crate reward rate and a 0% Salvage Crate reward rate. I may have read it wrong, but I thought I was supposed to get more normal Salvage Crates in addition to Big.

However, this was only completing 10 - 15 (wasn't counting) missions so far today. I think I have received 4 Big Crates. I will start tracking.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
In case no one here knows, it is very beneficial to get an inn so you can recruit followers once per week. Go for the scavenger perk the first few so you have some guys to run on garrison resource missions. They have a chance to double and triple the yield, turning 36 into 100, etc.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I have 23 followers at 100 and will finish the other 2 today.

Words of advice for leveling alts or if you are moving slow.

DO NOT LEVEL ANYONE TO 100 RIGHT AWAY. Seriously keep them at 99 so all your missions will be lower. Do not pick up any of the level 100 followers until you are ready to move into the level 100 mission tier.

Once you are 100 do not gear any followers with items until you have enough saved up to gear out a good 6-8 to cover all possible counters.

Do not run any good gear mission at less than 100%. The % chance lies. If you have a 3 person mission for 91% you really have a 27% chance of failure since it adds up failure rate for all followers. Build a team at once, gear them at once, then rock missions.

New missions unlock once ONE follower is at 615, 630, and 645. So save all your follower gear and move up the tiers as a group.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Once you are 100 do not gear any followers with items until you have enough saved up to gear out a good 6-8 to cover all possible counters.
Don't really agree with this. I think you should use your armor/weapon *sets* immediately, especially by applying any rare (630) or epic (645) ones you get to one of your epic dudes. What you don't want to do is apply the +3/6/9 items to followers who are still only 600. Save those for getting your 630's to 645, since epic sets are extremely rare, or 615's to 630 if you're really desperate.