[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't really agree with this. I think you should use your armor/weapon *sets* immediately, especially by applying any rare (630) or epic (645) ones you get to one of your epic dudes. What you don't want to do is apply the +3/6/9 items to followers who are still only 600. Save those for getting your 630's to 645, since epic sets are extremely rare, or 615's to 630 if you're really desperate.
Had not considered that line of logic, good thought.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I don't get many of the armor/weapon sets, but in case I do, I focus on using the upgrades on a single follower at a time (up until 615 for now), that way if I do get a weapon or armor set, I have followers that can use them, but still brute force my followers ilvl as well.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Don't really agree with this. I think you should use your armor/weapon *sets* immediately, especially by applying any rare (630) or epic (645) ones you get to one of your epic dudes. What you don't want to do is apply the +3/6/9 items to followers who are still only 600. Save those for getting your 630's to 645, since epic sets are extremely rare, or 615's to 630 if you're really desperate.
If you use those sets immediately your mission log gets clogged with 615 missions.

If you sit on the big upgrades and collect them for a few days you can gear a group at 615 at once and then be able to 100% those missions.

Malkav

French Madman
Got a rare mission that awards a follower respect token today.
16h runtime, no threats, no % of success. So I assume it's auto-success, just takes 16h.

I intend to respec one of my epic followers that has 2 abilities I already have two of. I'll let you know how it goes. Still 12 hours to go.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You don't get ilvl 615 missions until you have three at 615+. I was able to complete them at that point without saving anything. YMMV I guess.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The wowhead garrison guide was saying it only takes 1 follower to hit 615 to get the missions. Same with ilvl 630 and 645.

If it really is 3 then you can adjust accordingly.

Malkav

French Madman
The wowhead garrison guide was saying it only takes 1 follower to hit 615 to get the missions. Same with ilvl 630 and 645.

If it really is 3 then you can adjust accordingly.
I NEVER got any 615 missions until I had 3 followers at this ilvl. And I had an ilvl618 sitting there for a few days prior to that.

Vorph

Same. I'm 100% certain it's three at a given ilvl to unlock the missions. I assume it's because when they aren't all at least ilvl 615 then you cannot 100% the mission.

The only real downside to doing it the way I suggest is that you end up with epic guys at a high ilvl and then you start getting missions with 12k bonus xp that your followers that still need to upgrade to blue or purple can't really benefit from.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Got a rare mission that awards a follower respect token today.
16h runtime, no threats, no % of success. So I assume it's auto-success, just takes 16h.

I intend to respec one of my epic followers that has 2 abilities I already have two of. I'll let you know how it goes. Still 12 hours to go.
Yes it is a guaranteed success. I got one too and it didn't matter the level of the follower I used. Finished and I got the respec.

Malkav

French Madman
Same. I'm 100% certain it's three at a given ilvl to unlock the missions. I assume it's because when they aren't all at least ilvl 615 then you cannot 100% the mission.

The only real downside to doing it the way I suggest is that you end up with epic guys at a high ilvl and then you start getting missions with 12k bonus xp that your followers that still need to upgrade to blue or purple can't really benefit from.
Luckily, I upgraded my uncommon follower with epic mount and rare follower with hearthstone pro (bonus xp for the group) first so I send them on these missions. First one is already rare, and second one on well her way to epic. And had another uncommon that has the fast learner trait (+50%) upgraded, so he's soon epic too. I almost never uses my epic followers, except when I really need to 100% shit to get stuff.

Edit : Wished ilvl615+ missions gave more baseline xp though....Getting missions for 3 followers that last 8/10 hours and that only gives 1500xp baseline + 75gold (seriously, 75 gold, that's ridiculous, why would I even care about 75g?) sucks.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can I use the Inn to edit traits on current recruits?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Edit : Wished ilvl615+ missions gave more baseline xp though....Getting missions for 3 followers that last 8/10 hours and that only gives 1500xp baseline + 75gold (seriously, 75 gold, that's ridiculous, why would I even care about 75g?) sucks.
What I hate is when I have a 615+ mission that is 15k XP and a no ilvl mission that is 20k xp. I understand it's a rare mission but still the 615 one should be orders of magnitude higher.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I changed my building plans to the Inn after reviewing my mix of followers, and I'm happy with that choice so far. All said and done the weekly new recruit is the only way to expand your follower list regularly once you went through the achievements and hidden quests, while something like a barn just saves/gains you gold.

Wowhead has a nice guide that I used to grab all the out of the way followershere. It also explains most other questions regarding followers.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I wish that when I was first playing WoD someone would have said hey asshole, when you get the choice of 3 orcs take the Greatmother.

She has dispel magic.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once a common (green) follower is level 100 and you continue to level then until they turn blue, do they gain any additional abilities or traits?

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
I need help. Just upgraded my garrison to level 2, haven't built anything yet. I have 2 small spaces and 1 medium space open. I am an enchanter/inscription boosted huntard. What should I build? I have no intention of raiding, and just want to level and casual pve. As a side note, I regret not boosting into engineering because I've seen so many neat engineer mounts. Does the engineer workshop let me ride around on a goblin machine?

I should note I like collecting followers and sending them on missions, is the inn right for me?

Vorph

Master Plan was updated today, you can delete both Breeze and LeFollowers if you used those addons because their functionality is now part of Master Plan. Even better, the bug that made it think that one follower could cover two instances of a particular counter on a mission was fixed.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So what addons do you suggest now? Will just Master Plan suffice?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You don't get ilvl 615 missions until you have three at 615+. I was able to complete them at that point without saving anything. YMMV I guess.
I've only got two at or above 615 and I'm flooded with shitty 615 missions.

Whoever (Vorph?) suggested Master Plan and LeFollowers addon a few days ago: thanks! Fucking awesome addons for garrison. Master Plan also updated today and you no longer have to click through each stupid mission completion screen/wait for chest; it does it all at once and gives you a summary of exp/items earned, etc.

*Edit: replied before your last post. Good to see most of it is rolled into one addon now, will delete LeFollowers.