[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Skinning as well for that matter. Hides go for like 50s per and if you have a barn you can easily get about 50-75 per day off their WO.
If you have a barn there is really no reason to keep skinning at this time. I have not bothered to drop mine yet but I have also not skinned anything since the first week of WOD it was nice for the initial boost but its pretty pointless now.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mostly make sure my barn has enough animals to juice for the day and my crafting buildings/war bunker/ are cranking away at work orders and throw minions on missions but tend to just throw them at the 8-10 hour ones and then go on to doing whatever I was aiming for that day.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm curious how much effort people are putting into their garrisons at this point. I pretty much log in once a day, shoot people off on missions, do my profession work orders, and then am too lazy to harvest the mine/garden at this point. I hate how much like a facebook game it feels like.
I tend to speed-send folks on missions via the add-on, rarely bother to place/collect my work orders anymore and have actually torn down my barn because I couldnt be arsed to go catch elite beasts since christmas. Although I didnt play any non-garrison content during the last week either so I guess I'm tired of WoW in general, and not just the garrison.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
What are you guys doing with all the ore? Making stuff with JC and disenchanting it?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm still actively doing garrison stuff on my main, this weekend might be the first couple of days since launch I didn't go and do my herbing/mining. My main is also still a miner because I haven't gotten around to picking another profession. They all feel so devalued due to the garrison buildings I'm really not sure what I'd want to bother with anyways.

I even started fishing, not sure why, but need to get that building to level 3 for the vague rewards I never bothered to look up and to get fishing to 700 for the follower.

Every week I'm getting a new follower from my Inn, and by the following Tuesday (usually Sunday or Monday) they're 100 and starting the trudge towards a purple border.

Only thing I haven't really bothered with and have no plans to at the moment is the menagerie. My wife was into pet battles and did the legwork to build hers but the most I've dabbled in was to get 3 pets to ~8-9.

Have a few 91-94 alts, due to logging in just to collect garrison cache and send their 3-5 followers on missions their followers are all 100 or close to it. Can't imagine having the full 30 or so followers on every character, not without much better support outside of the game, which they seem set on not providing or going in that direction. Pet battles and garrison management really should exist outside the game in some form, missed opportunities there.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The menagerie is a pain in the ass partly because you need some decent pets to beat some of the encounters. I feel like every day I've had to levelsomethingjust to beat it. A lot of strategies people give out also involve some rare ones that are annoying to acquire. If you have the pets, it works well and they're cross-character so its not bad. I'm nearing the point where I have counters for everything, but if you're not into it, don't bother. You're pretty much just building up a stable of pets to duel in a hut to acquire more pet shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I won't say I'll never do it, but don't see that happening anytime soon. The idea is neat, but getting curbstomped by a rabbit or rat a few times is all I needed to lose interest.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I tried doing the pet battles for a day or so but it just wasn't very fun. Basically just pulling out a pet specifically to counter a pet and thats it. I saw no real depth to strategy or anything nor any tangible rewards to leveling.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What are you guys doing with all the ore? Making stuff with JC and disenchanting it?
Margins are slim on this but it's infinitely better than AH'ing raw product at this point. Also worth keeping a reserve for Trade Post work orders.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Menagerie is cool if you have a dozen or so of the cheesy combo pets everyone uses (ie- chrominus and pandaren water spirit to 1-shot stuff) and still have a bunch of pet-related stuff to do, because you can basically just buy level-ups and rare upgrades every day for your less-used pets. I'm using it to power-level the army I need to go back and do the celestial tournament.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy hell, I wish I knew about this earlier before wasting so many minutes clicking yes.

/run BuyMerchantItem(3,100) Buys from the 3rd position on the vendor 100 items, no confirmation. At the trading post this is Draenic Dust.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Holy hell, I wish I knew about this earlier before wasting so many minutes clicking yes.

/run BuyMerchantItem(3,100) Buys from the 3rd position on the vendor 100 items, no confirmation. At the trading post this is Draenic Dust.
Thank you so much.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just hold shift and click on the Draenic dust. Then I can enter exactly how many I want. I don't think that's an add-on, but I might be mistaken.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like BuyEmAll addon, default UI doesn't do that for the trader.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ah, didn't know an addon would do it as well. I didn't have the ability to shift click and I finally got annoyed enough to google it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
faction transfer raaaaaped my followers, dear god! went from 4 scavengers and epic mounts to 1 scavenger total lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BRF raid missions are datamined and listed on Master Plan in Missions of Interest tab now, so you can see where your holes are.

100% across the board on my DK, feelsgood.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How often do the raid missions come up? I feel like I haven't gotten one in weeks.