[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I ended up with 5 epic mount followers as a base and have been getting burst of power followers from the inn to go with them. But ya it seems way better to go stamp or burst than to fill up on scavs or whatever.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you don't play every day, something like stamina is better. If you log in and clear out the mission log twice a day, epic mount is better because clearing missions faster means they get restocked faster, leading to more salvage crates and gear missions. Now that I have enough scavengers, I use each weekly recruitment NPC as another epic mount.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Yea.

Also something I realized that sucks donkey balls, I had 20 active followers level 100 and was getting almost exclusively level 100 missions. I upgraded my barracks, activated a level 91 follower so I could level him... now 60% of the missions are like level 94. Fucking sucks.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Once you are down to only getting one important mission every other day (raid or maybe ilvl645 depending on your gear), do you really need high stamina to guarantee success where it matters? Epic mount allows you to sweep through those 2-8h missions that still need 2-4 counters quickly, both to get more more crates that can have a lottery ticket and ensuring even your benched followers are max ilvl, plus the gold you get if that still matters for you. Not regretting my switch from scavenger to epic mount so far, and havent met a mission I cant 100% if I want to (I do have 1 high sta guy and 2 with short attention span or whatever the "7h or shorter" bonus is called - which happens to work with the epic mounts too).

I'm considering to always pick dorfs from the Inn when they are offered, gonna have a dorf-only follower line-up by the time the expansion wraps up!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really nice update to master plan. Surfacing your best mix of followers for missions to maximize garrison resources, even when they're not available. Mouseover tells you when they will be. If you want the optimal 100% group on a mission that's 1 less click away, and slimmed down the look/feel of the mission listings while making them more functional. Good stuff.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ended up with 5 epic mount followers as a base and have been getting burst of power followers from the inn to go with them. But ya it seems way better to go stamp or burst than to fill up on scavs or whatever.
You only need/want 2 maybe 3 scavengers tops. That should be enough to cover your GR needs. I can see filling up on some of the guys who gain success chance on missions over 7 hours as nearly all the end things are that long or longer.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The most important thing about scavengers is having the right counters.

Here's a list of the lucrative GR missions:

L100
100GR = Powerful Spell / Group Damage
100GR = Magic Debuff / Danger Zones

L615
130GR = Group Damage / Minion Swarms / Massive Strike
130GR = Danger Zones / Timed Battle / Wild Aggression

L630
175GR = Magic Debuff / Powerful Spell / Timed Battle / Massive Strike
175GR = Group Damage / Danger Zones / Timed Battle / Massive Strike

Best possible scavengers would be one with Timed Battle & Massive Strike, one with Group Damage & Danger Zones, and one with Powerful Spell & Magic Debuff. That would let you get 700GR from the L100's, 650GR from the 615's, and 1225GR from the 630's. Kind of hard to plan that out in advance, of course, since you're at the mercy of the RNG when they turn epic. It does help you when you're picking from the inn list though--never take a follower with Deadly Minions, avoid taking any with Wild Aggression or Minion Swarms, and try to get three that at least have a chance of turning into the combos I listed above.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, wish I'd noticed that earlier. Most of my GR missions are either Massive Strike or Group Damage.

Rime

<Donor>
WoD has been very good to me.

Random World Drops: 665 Tank Trinket (45k) and that ridiculous healing trinket (Sold for 85k before it got 'nerfed').
Garrison Missions: TWO 670 BoE INT Gloves from 'Highmaul Raid' (Had a pair before I got them) - 45k Each.
Salvage: 665 Plate Belt (30k), 665 Plate Shoulders (30k), 665 Agility Trinket (40k), and a bunch of random transmog gear that pulled in another 15kish since WoD Launch.

Take another 45kish a week from selling 640s/upgrade items (Across 9 Characters who I just leveled high enough to unlock their profession buildings) and I am getting close to gold cap.

Vitality

HUSTLE
WoD has been very good to me.

Random World Drops: 665 Tank Trinket (45k) and that ridiculous healing trinket (Sold for 85k before it got 'nerfed').
Garrison Missions: TWO 670 BoE INT Gloves from 'Highmaul Raid' (Had a pair before I got them) - 45k Each.
Salvage: 665 Plate Belt (30k), 665 Plate Shoulders (30k), 665 Agility Trinket (40k), and a bunch of random transmog gear that pulled in another 15kish since WoD Launch.

Take another 45kish a week from selling 640s/upgrade items (Across 9 Characters who I just leveled high enough to unlock their profession buildings) and I am getting close to gold cap.
Having a hard time getting excited about making more gold now that I have nothing left to buy. Most of the markets are crashing due to welfare loots and garrison handouts. I'm already 650+ Ilvl with every usable item for my ret purchased and/or upgraded.

Idk, maybe it's just me.

Rime

<Donor>
So, basically you're a neckbeard. Got it.
Yes, because an hour per character to get to 92 over a month and a half is a neckbeard.

As for making gold being pointless, I sort of agree with that. I am torn between 'cashing' out and finding someone I can sell the gold to in return for money or waiting and seeing how the Blizzard 'PLEX' system works.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
132 a day from the barn actually. That's why they're pretty much worthless now.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I'm curious how much effort people are putting into their garrisons at this point. I pretty much log in once a day, shoot people off on missions, do my profession work orders, and then am too lazy to harvest the mine/garden at this point. I hate how much like a facebook game it feels like.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've dialed back on missions, since basically every follower is epic quality/630+, 2/3 of them are 645, and I've got every possible raid covered at 100%.

I'm still harvesting since it's basically my main Savage Blood ressource thru Primal Spirits; I've entirely given up on trying to get an elite trapped. It takes me less time to run the mine with all my alts than get 6 beasts to feed to the barn, for a bit over a blood a day. I'll probably stop once I've geared my main alt with fully upgraded weapon+head+legs (in about 3 months), and won't bother for the others.

Garrisons are like raids. They're good while you're progressing, but once it's "on farm", it's a bit boring. But for the alts, it's going to be a bit better since I've got the "all dorfs", "all spacegoats" or "all orcs" objectives to fill.

(I had to teach a couple guildmates about the trick of getting a bodyguard+follower to help for invasions. Not everyone had realized that you can grab any follower to help you before the invasion is started by simply speaking to them. Not that it's really necessary, but it's good to get 1000pt before mop-up)