[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hit the perfect mission last night for a grand total of 1300 GR from 3 scavengers. Hit complete, realized I was already at GR cap, feels bad man.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seen stacks as low as 4g/ea on Proudmoore already today. All the individual listings are sliding, undercutters down to 4.3g.

Savage Bloods as low as 1100g, wish those would fall quicker, might actually upgrade some crafted gear
tongue.png
Just saw some guy selling bloods for 800g in trade chat on Hyjal

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just saw some guy selling bloods for 800g in trade chat on Hyjal
I see more and more people camping the riverbeast spot. While the initial wave of ravenous high-end guilds gearing themselves fast has gone. More offer, less demand = falling prices.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like the big crates from salvage just keep getting worse and worse for me. I had dreams of a 655 BOE when I built that damn salvage yard!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will be buying about 13(?) bloods today if anyone wants to sell some. I think I have 17 right now and I need enough to upgrade my goggles to 670. Should be back home and online around 7-8EST.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quick question for you guys. If you had to do it all over again knowing what you do now about garrisons. What would your build order look like starting fresh?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Quick question for you guys. If you had to do it all over again knowing what you do now about garrisons. What would your build order look like starting fresh?
I am not sure I would change what I did, worked out well in the end. If one of your professions is gathering I build a storehouse in the end. It is a convenience item but the extra work orders can be nice if you want to auto pilot for a while.

Profession, Trade Post, Salvage Yard, Profession, Inn, Bunker

I think the Inn can be swapped out towards the end once you have a good follower retinue.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Starting fresh, I would build:

Smalls:
Salvage Yard: Pretty much required for everyone
Storehouse: The convenience of a bank is too good to give up
Prof Building: I don't do work orders at profession buildings because they give a worse return per material compared to just the daily cooldown. For my 3rd small, I use the jewelcrafting hut because it gives an extremely profitable daily each day (like turn in 20 true iron ore for 300 gold. $$$)

Mediums:
Trading post: Early on this provides another source of resources income, and later on it gives you a way to convert excess resource. Bonus rep is nice too.
Lumber mill: Early on the lumber mill gives nice bonus resources. If all you care about is more resources, keep the mill at level 1, since higher levels don't pay for themselves until a very long time, but rank 1 pays for itself in less than 2 days, then is pure profit from then on. Going to rank 3 though gives you two extra followers you can't obtain otherwise (weldon and phylarch).
Inn: You absolutely want the inn at some point. I recommend you swap the mill to the inn once you are secure in your garrison resources. You should keep the inn until you've obtained all the unique items from the inn (reusable flask crystal, aviana's feather, a bunch of toys, etc). Depending how OCD you are, you will want to keep the inn for a long time until you recruit the rare follower from the weekly recruiter and get the toy from him.

Large:
Barracks: Barracks are pretty much a staple for leveling followers (patrol missions) and increasing your follower army size by 25%. The option to use a bodyguard is handy as well, especially for things like garrison invasions if your gear is behind the curve.
Bunker: Bunker will speed up the follower gearing process. It's not a huge source of follower gear, but it averages 2-3 follower tokens per day, which does add up. Extra raid token per week is a nice convenience, but not the main reason for a bunker.

Honorable mentions: Barn is handy for the savage feasts, and can be profitable for savage bloods, but it's a pain in the ass to keep it stocked. Stables is a really nice convenience, being immune to daze and having +20% mount speed if you aren't a knight class.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone else get a mission that had honor points for a reward? Never saw that before, so I went for it.

Here's the fun part: I checked this morning and I won it of course (100%), but then the next mission I checked gave me honor points too. I only did one mission that had honor points (that was all there was), but I think it bugged out and tacked honor points as a reward to the mission success that followed it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For my DK I've done this:

Warmill for Nagrand - Switched to Stables after Nagrand, just to get the mounts then back to Warmill.
Trading Post - I dont find much value in the Auctioneer here though, as an engineer bound in Pandaria, that little Engi corner is orgasm-station.
Forge
Salvage Yard
Engineer Shed - Might change this one out after I build all the shit I want and no longer need extra Gearspring generation. Storehouse maybe?
Inn (once I get the items and shit I want on this guy, its going to be a barn).
Barracks

Has anyone built the Spirit Lodge or other seemingly useless buildings?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone else get a mission that had honor points for a reward? Never saw that before, so I went for it.

Here's the fun part: I checked this morning and I won it of course (100%), but then the next mission I checked gave me honor points too. I only did one mission that had honor points (that was all there was), but I think it bugged out and tacked honor points as a reward to the mission success that followed it.
Do you do PVP? I've never gotten an honor mission.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, but I haven't really done it much lately. Most people I mentioned about the mission in guild chat said they'd never heard of one before. I did one BG the other day for a gold strongbox after a week of not pvping I think, that's about it.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
After having 5 scavenger followers, an enchanter and a herbalist, I'm looking for other types. I think Epic Mount is very useful since it halves the mission times, I've done 8hr missions in something like 2hrs (First one is 4hr, Second is 2hr).

Thoughts?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I think stamina will be better long term. I'm to the point where I only get a handful of non xp missions per day. Cycling through them faster doesn't really do me any good. A couple of stamina followers ensures you can 100% the missions that count.