[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Vitality

HUSTLE
My mistake, it's work orders for follower items, not missions. Poop.. so war mill is just a raiding/transmog building then.. Hmm.. I might have to dump it.

Wishing the storehouse was a large building at this point.

Might go Engineering large building:

. N.U.K.U.L.A.R. Target Painter deals 500k AoE damage in a wide radius, on a 1-hour cooldown, and is very useful in raids and dungeons. The item has only one charge and you need to use it 5 times to complete Terrific Technology. It becomes available at Level 2.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
. N.U.K.U.L.A.R. Target Painter deals 500k AoE damage in a wide radius, on a 1-hour cooldown, and is very useful in raids and dungeons.
In Dungeons? You sure? Nothing garrison-wide seem to be useable except in the outside world, which chimes in with the idea that "developing your garrison is not mandatory".

Vitality

HUSTLE
Apparently the engineer guy gives you a little item to use for the day.

Would be absolutely hilarious if I could nuke some dudes in a BG lol!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Trading Post + Lumber Mill = not giving up on garrisons yet. Before that I was just like 'oh man, only 8000 to go'. You get a decent amount with both, enough to keep me engaged for a few more days at least. Seems like I'll be able to get stables 3 Monday if things keep working the way they seem with the mount quests and I'll have more than enough resources by that point.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Apparently the engineer guy gives you a little item to use for the day.

Would be absolutely hilarious if I could nuke some dudes in a BG lol!
People use it all the time in Ashran PVP (which btw, is still giving 625 honor every boss kill, 40k honor points earned for season so far). It puts a huge red target on the ground and waits several seconds before hitting.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So Vit, based on your comments we should definitely have an inscription small building as a money maker right now? Is that market going to stay or die off eventually?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is that market going to stay or die off eventually?
I'd expect it to die off about the time all the tards out there realize that the trinkets are unique(3) like every other crafted item, that the trinket slot is a suboptimal use of one of those three because of its low slot mod, and that the procs use the shitty 15/115 ICD.

Also, I still can't believe they put a crit proc on the tank trinket. I guess warriors like crit, but it ranges from "meh" to "utterly fucking worthless" on the rest.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only real benefit to trinkets is that the Heroic Dungeon ones aren't in the "grab-bag loot pile" but rather in the specific-boss loot pools, so they can be a bit annoying to find the right ones in time for raid.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'd expect it to die off about the time all the tards out there realize that the trinkets are unique(3) like every other crafted item, that the trinket slot is a suboptimal use of one of those three because of its low slot mod, and that the procs use the shitty 15/115 ICD.

Also, I still can't believe they put a crit proc on the tank trinket. I guess warriors like crit, but it ranges from "meh" to "utterly fucking worthless" on the rest.
It's still the best profession for tanks as there's only one bonus armor trinket per raid, and you could be running that for months before you get one. Also the fact that it's a "low slot mod" is irrelevant for tanks since bonus armor is by far your best stat and this stat only shows up on items with low slot mods to begin with.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
My latest strategy for my garrison is to just run every mission that pops up and fund myself through my two scavengers, they actually bring in a ton of resources.

lindz

#DDs
Enough to power just one of them?

And what are thoughts on blacksmithing right now? Want something to do with ore. :\

Malkav

French Madman
Switched my enchanting building to Inscription. Was barely using it and never had enough dusts to have it running 24/7. Plus the market for enchants is crappy on my server.

Darkmoon cards, here I come.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Enough to power just one of them?

And what are thoughts on blacksmithing right now? Want something to do with ore. :\
I have way more ore from my mine/gathering what I see running around than what I can use daily for smithing if that helps.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's still the best profession for tanks as there's only one bonus armor trinket per raid, and you could be running that for months before you get one. Also the fact that it's a "low slot mod" is irrelevant for tanks since bonus armor is by far your best stat and this stat only shows up on items with low slot mods to begin with.
There's two bonus armor trinkets in Highmaul, one from Tectus and one from Twin Ogrons. There's also a third one from Ko'ragh that is RF only. I'd also use the heroic rares (especially the armor/multistrike one as a DK) over the DMC trinket. Hell, I wouldn't even replace the ilvl 615 rare from a follower mission with DMC, it's that bad. I'm still bitter I failed that mission when it showed up a few days ago, and now that I have followers to guarantee 100% success on it I haven't seen it come back.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Question for the bunker/warmill owners? Where did you find your scraps?

I have the bunker for 3 days now, and I still have the initial quest. I've been in four different zones slaughtering a hundred orcs apiece, and none of them ever dropped a single scrap.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's super rare to find scraps in the world, but they drop fairly commonly in heroics with orcs. Iron docks or upper blackrock are particularly good for scraps.