[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
After you do daily quest stuff for awhile you start getting the Garrison campaign quests. It's not exactly timed so it must be somehow gated by another aspect but you end up getting one more-or-less a week. Last week I got one on Tuesday and then another on Sunday. They also seem to come in a semi random order so people won't be all stacked trying to do the same stuff.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
After you do daily quest stuff for awhile you start getting the Garrison campaign quests. It's not exactly timed so it must be somehow gated by another aspect but you end up getting one more-or-less a week. Last week I got one on Tuesday and then another on Sunday. They also seem to come in a semi random order so people won't be all stacked trying to do the same stuff.
There appear to be a specific order to some of them at least. There's at least two parts of Socrethar storyline for Alliance Garrisons, and the first one basically sets up the second one (which I'm waiting for). Of course, I'm mostly interested in the druid-related one, where I can get Thisalee Crow as a follower.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Saw on the forums (yes, I went to the official forums. I was bored, ok?) a good analysis of the way missions' chances are calculated.

Basically, a mission has 3 penalties per attack, plus 1 per enemy. You get 3 advantages per countered attack, 1 base advantage per follower, 1 advantage per bonus ability (terrain/targets, Blook's Combat Experience, High Stamina) and 1.5 advantage per racial bonus or Dance if there's a Danger Zone. A lower ilvl reduces all the advantages for that follower, a higher ilvl increases the follower's base advantage. Get enough advantages to counter all the penalties and you get 100%.

So, if you have a Highmaul Raid mission, there's 6 attacks (18 penalties) and 3 enemies (3 penalties) for a total of 21 penalties. You need to provide 21 advantages to guarantee the raid's success, with any combination of advantages (countered attacks count once, I think terrain/target boni only once because you have the "green tick" showing, but I've verified that all other stack).

So basically, when building a team, you need to realize that each attack that lacks a counter can be compensated by:

- 3 boni (terrain, Experience, Stamina)
- 2 racial advantages or Dance
- 45 ilvl of gear on the followers (like it's going to happen for 645 missions. Best is 30ilvl)
- OR a combination of the above, like 1 boni+1 racial (1.5) +8 ilvl (0.5)

So, if you're planning to get your followers ready for raiding, the main point is to raise ASAP to 645 any epic follower with:

- Timed Battle
- Deadly Minions
- Wild Aggression (those 3 attacks occur in 3 of the 4 raids, and twice on one, while other attacks occur only in 2 or a single raid)

who also has Gronnslayer, Ogreslayer, Mashwalker/Evergreen, Plainsrunner, High Stamina and possibly a racial preference with any "designated" team member. Don't bother getting above 645, you gain 1/15th of a counter by raising a follower 1ilvl above 645, but you gain from 4/15 to 12/15th of a counter by raising a sub-645 follower to 645 by 1 ilvl. And yes, Blook is almost certainly, if not the first, one of the first priority because he starts with Timed Battle AND Combat Experience before getting Rare/Epic upgrades, which means he's probably going to end up in your 645 team.

Tactics when a raid pops and you've got basically to figure out how to tackle it because you don't have 100% yet (you really need to install Master Plan to manage your raids):

Interacting with the Master Plan suggestions, pick the highest chance team and see if any of the members is below 645. If there is, funnel all your tokens to him/her before sending your team.

If all your followers for best chance are already 645, then pick the second best team, and see if you have more counters active and/or more buffs active than your main suggestion. If you have, then see which followers are below 645 and have the most relevant counters, and funnel your tokens to that one. If not, see the third offering by Master Plan.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I was going to do this grandiose bracers quest, and ran into a 99% success rate on it. I didn't realize that ilvl of your characters meant a lot more to success rate than I thought.

Basically the images are that my Blook was ilvl 630, but his stats were weapon645/armor615, so heaveraged630. When I applied a 3 point buff to his armor, putting it to 618, it increased the success to 100%.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Garrison mission availability is still whacked.

The other day I had 25 followers with all of them level 100 and roughly half of them are ilevel 615 or higher. My Avaialable Mission log consisted primarily of level 100 missions with many of those requiring ilevel 615. There were a couple of level 99 missions and the obligatory level 90 Night Watch mission that I seem to always get.

Fast forward a couple of days and I get a new follower from the inn. Now I have 24 level 100 and 1 level 94 follower. My Available Mission list today had 2 level 100 missions and everything else was a level 94 or 95 mission. This is completely bassackwards. You would think the algorithm that assigns garrison missions would have given me a couple of level 94 missions and the rest level 100 missions.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, the more low levels missions you have, the quicker you can level that lowbie dude up, thus bringing all missions back to your higher level.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hm I usually try and level up by forcing 2 of my high ilvls to carry my lowbie through a 10hr 100 mission that gives like 1600 bonus xp.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I toss my actual levelers at them when I'm online for a while. Making them go through 1 hour lowbie missions, unless its a gold/resources mission, which I'll throw at my epic followers.

Tenks

When leveling from 90-100 can you junk your rax and pop down a bunker instead? Is that at all advisable?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Basically the images are that my Blook was ilvl 630, but his stats were weapon645/armor615, so heaveraged630. When I applied a 3 point buff to his armor, putting it to 618, it increased the success to 100%.
That's a weird one. Because the green "(+525)" indicates the amount of % ABOVE 100% converted into extra XP, which makes no sense if you only have 99% (you countered every threat and every enemy, with added bonus, and extra ilvls).

Tenks

I think you also get bonus XP for countering their weakness and some of the inter-party buffs as well

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Garrison mission availability is still whacked.

The other day I had 25 followers with all of them level 100 and roughly half of them are ilevel 615 or higher. My Avaialable Mission log consisted primarily of level 100 missions with many of those requiring ilevel 615. There were a couple of level 99 missions and the obligatory level 90 Night Watch mission that I seem to always get.

Fast forward a couple of days and I get a new follower from the inn. Now I have 24 level 100 and 1 level 94 follower. My Available Mission list today had 2 level 100 missions and everything else was a level 94 or 95 mission. This is completely bassackwards. You would think the algorithm that assigns garrison missions would have given me a couple of level 94 missions and the rest level 100 missions.
All my followers save for 1 96th are Ilevel 615+(including workers) and I still get level 100 missions. I hate random and wish it would just open access to missions you could choose based on a certain number of followers being a certain Ilevel. I guess once you hit 100 you can still get 100,615,630 and 645 missions no matter what Ilevel all your followers are if you meet the requirements for the higher Ilevel(3 followers of that level). I was hoping that once all my followers were Ilevel 615+ that I would stop getting level 100 missions and get 615+ missions. Not sure if the 96th leveled character is the reason for that. If it is there might come a point where I level that one as well Just so I can get only the 645 missions. Only reason I keep the 96th is for crates to have a higher chance at enhancements.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
One things for sure, I'm plowing over my barracks and getting an Inn because there's no goddamn way the hand I've been dealt will let me win the raids unless I get crazy lucky with my last few epic level ups.

Replacing tradeskill followers and beefing up certain counters (I have 2 attacks with only 2 counters, and one with only 3) will be the priority.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Level 100 missions are often fast missions and success guarantees a salvage crate. I'm ok with still getting 100 missions.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Well, the more low levels missions you have, the quicker you can level that lowbie dude up, thus bringing all missions back to your higher level.
Not really since that one level 94 follower can only do one mission at a time.

I typically queue up a lot of missions all at once. I want my level 100s going on missions to gain EXP so they level up to epic; missions to gain Garrison Resources; or missions to get player/follower gear. The glut of level 94 available missions negatively impacts most of that.

I also have a rank 3 Salvage Yard. The only way to get Big Crates is to complete level 100 missions. Big Crates appear to have a higher chance of dropping follower gear. Since I'm not getting to actually even attempt level 100 missions, it's slowing down my effort to get my followers ilevel up to 630.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That's a weird one. Because the green "(+525)" indicates the amount of % ABOVE 100% converted into extra XP, which makes no sense if you only have 99% (you countered every threat and every enemy, with added bonus, and extra ilvls).
That's bonus xp from a trait, look for the hearthstone pro icon there in his screenshot.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just paved over my inscription hut for enchanting now that cards are sub 400g down from 2-4K.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You only need the Inn for an hour per week, so unless you are poor you can switch back to whatever else you like for nearly two weeks. If your followers are shit, essentially buying two followers for the 2k gold/GR or whatever it costs to switch the plots around should be a no-brainer.