Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If anyone cares don't dupe gold above ~999 billion or it crashes every time you try and log in to that character.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean, i get that there are bugs. but if a gold dupe is what's going to get your panties in a bunch you could always... you know... NOT dupe your gold. i know sometimes it's like there's a big red button with a sign that says "do not push" but self control is an actual thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, the game is literally deleting/corrupting peoples characters, resetting game progress to 0, deleting the stash, etc etc.

Gold duping is mostly just a lark compared to how much of a dumpster fire the rest of the game is.

j00t

right, and my point was that THOSE things (server issues, deleting progress/items) are the things that are serious issues. a stupid gold dupe is... i mean it's not a good thing, but compared to deleting everything in your stash, who cares?

edit: i'll add that the issues are almost strictly related to online play. everything is basically untested beyond about 2/3's of act 1, as the beta/EA stuff was only the first part of act 1 and a different version of the skill wheel. the patch notes for release started with "we added a large list of things, but it's easier to just say we added the game."

but that's a huge part of why the offline game runs (for the most part) really pretty well. but online is all screwed up because they were really only able to do inhouse testing. i'm not white-knighting the company or anything, just my point of view on why the problems are where they are

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, that mostly depends on what their plan for online play is. If this is just gonna be like original Diablo was and it's just the wild west of nonsense, then yea it all ultimately means nothing.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Gold will be useless in online mode and you will be able to buy everything you want after 3 mins. There is a gold dupe that is still in online that is just taking gems and stacking and unstacking and it doubles the stack value each time.

lol, god damn, that is legit D1 duping. I can't believe something so simple made it into a modern game.

j00t

Well, that mostly depends on what their plan for online play is. If this is just gonna be like original Diablo was and it's just the wild west of nonsense, then yea it all ultimately means nothing.

Wild West of Nonsense sounds like a rather enjoyable indie title that i'd like to play

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
lol, god damn, that is legit D1 duping. I can't believe something so simple made it into a modern game.

Legit they probably never even attempted to look for it. This thing reeks entirely of them being 100% out of money and either closing their doors or getting a "release" out to generate income.

Like features and stuff that they cut were just removed from the character sheet by dragging the icons off the display area over to an area of the screen that doesn't show up on 16:9 resolutions, but if you play the game on an ultrawide...

ultra_wide_monitors.jpg

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The sheer number of things that are outright broken/poorly implemented is staggering. I have a strong notion that they didn't do any testing before pinching it out on Steam. They can't even handle the basics like saving characters or making it so it doesn't crash when you hit the play button or crash on exit.

They've spent 4-5 years to get to now, after several iterations...which they finally scrapped in favor of directly ripping off D3 and PoE. Kind of sad, really.

These people are weekend hobbyists who learned how to code from a few Youtube videos.

I have to agree they are outside their comfort zone if they can't hotfix a dupe in the time the game was offline. If they have any sense they'd character wipe everyone when they fix it, but they seem to be doing that anyway.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont really understand online mode anyway. Everyone wants to play it but I played it and it was like solo mode except online? And you can invite people to your game? I did not see trading, no AH type shit, or anything. Am I missing something?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah and im stuck on the first real boss, act 1?. Can make it through phase one no problem but in phase 2 I dont know what the fuck to do. He one shots me with that attack that paints the entire ground red. I dont understand.

Caliane

dodge roll through it. the spreading circle right? or the one where he targets 4 quandrants in a set pattern? that one the pattern is set, can swap areas, or there is also a "tunnel" between quandrants that is open.

1st and 2nd phase I had little real issue with him. I could avoid most things. 3rd phase with the dick constantly leaping on top of me, I couldn't figure out a way to avoid getting chipped to death.
As a caster, bulwark of dawn trivialized him. basically instant, constant full heal for its duration. could just face tank him.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Buddy of mine and I were going to play this coop over the weekend but servers never came online - so "Last Year" A game i have never heard of) had a free weekend and we played that and it was hilariously fun. Hopefully they figure out all this stuff. Game looks fun. :( But I am not going to sink cash into it until everything gets fixed. (I just want to play Coop)

Read this review on offline stuff too. Doesn't look good :(

Many passive tree nodes are completely broken. I accidentally literally one-shot the A1 final boss because a node was giving me +1000% damage. There's a few that do this. There's also a few keystones that do nothing. They say they do something, but they don't actually have any effect.

There's ~.5 seconds of input lag on all actions, even offline. You can especially see this when trying to rapidly sell items to a vendor.

Many skill "runes" simply do not function.

Acts 2 and 3 essentially have no real content outside of the main story quests. Act 3 is full of placeholder text in the main story too. It's clear Act 1 was finished while these others were not.

Aspects of the Apocalypse do not scale with pretty much anything and are useless past Act 2.

Caliane

the aspect concept is definitely busted, and totally useless. I have a viable, functional build. Why would I hit an "ultimate" that takes away my skills/passives and is much weaker?

Theres a few options they can do. 1. rework them, so they don't replace your skills, but instead augment them in some grand way.
2. downgrade the aspects from "ultimate form" to basically regular shapeshifting skills, with passives you can trait into.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well I finally beat edric but I can't get past a spot in act 2 because the person won't talk to me. Hopefully they fix the game because I like it.

• 1Truth!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I know that spot and you just have to leave the game and come back in. You end up redoing that zone traversal a second time but when you do it again she will talk to you. If it helps any I had this problem when I came towards her from the north rather than from the south (which I did the second time on two different characters).

I am now stuck at the end of Act 2 with the second major boss who completely beats my ass down. Its actually very similar to Diablo3 Act 2's boss in many ways which was annoying as well for different builds. I may end up having to switch my entire build just to kill this one boss (which is super annoying)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it looks like the bosses in this game are no joke, lol. Also the game might be buggy, unfinished mess, whatever, its fun as hell for now IMO well worth the $40. If youre wanting some polished up and layered over the years experience like POE, well this is probably not for you. But this genere is kinda lacking in decent games of this type and I welcome them all.

Just scratching the surface of the builds etc.... Huge possibilities. Especially if you go some kind of hybrid.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This sounds like such a complete fucking mess.

Unkillable bosses
Abilities that can one shot absolutely everything including unkillable bosses
Gold dupes

I think I might buy it before it's fixed.

• 1Worf