Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its a mess, but its a fun mess. Besides gold dont mean dick in this game aside buying skills and converting gold to that other currency so you can respec and level up skills? Maybe buy a legendary weapon out in the wild if you stumble on a vendor that sells one?

Also bosses are killable, I just suck, lol.

Also#2 My fucking wrist hurts today. Fuck.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They haven't fixed the magic find stacking bug either so once you're at endgame you can stack magic find to 10k+% and do one "rift" and basically get gear to drop for 20mins and pick up what you want until you inevitably crash.

Stash still have items disapearing, you can get story blocked at various points, you can not obtain certain 1 time rewards(like apocalypse form additional points) and so on. Apparently there's only 74uniques in the game too, not that gear seems very important since endgame seems fairly poorly balanced with everything just being too easy anyway. A good amount of passives outright don't work or are actively negative(the ES leech one makes you lose all your ES whenever you hit something), a bunch of the skill mods either don't work, or are OP due to working a weird way.

I get that some people find the game fun and that's fine but it's clearly unfinished and untested.
The MF stacking doesn't appear to be present in Online play, and I've done what I thought would trigger it. You could see the amount of MF on your character sheet details, but that has remained 0% for hours yesterday (you could get it to keep stacking each time you zoned, even if you didn't know about it).

Edit: I did notice that Treasure maps might be broken now though. While doing in offline on Saturday, they would exactly as they stated: spawn a zone with lots of chests throughout. While playing Online yesterday, I ran 3 Treasure maps, none of those maps had chests at all.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah it looks like the bosses in this game are no joke, lol. Also the game might be buggy, unfinished mess, whatever, its fun as hell for now IMO well worth the $40. If youre wanting some polished up and layered over the years experience like POE, well this is probably not for you. But this genere is kinda lacking in decent games of this type and I welcome them all.

Just scratching the surface of the builds etc.... Huge possibilities. Especially if you go some kind of hybrid.

Well, take "build diversity" with a grain of salt, because huge chunks of the passive tree either just play do not work, or work entirely differently than their description, or have decimals in the wrong place and break the entire game like this one....

ciqaeogczgh41.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Give it a few patches and im sure they will tydy all this shit up, or at least I hope they do. And if they dont? Who gives a shit? Still worth the $40 to fuck around for a while IMO. Now they have that sweet cash infusion so they can keep going for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't care much about duping issues cause that's all just personal choice stuff that I can avoid. Only time duping/character editing stuff is annoying is if you're trying to play multiplayer and someone pops in with a 3758738788869940 dmg weapon (hi2u Titan Quest).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't care much about duping issues cause that's all just personal choice stuff that I can avoid. Only time duping/character editing stuff is annoying is if you're trying to play multiplayer and someone pops in with a 3758738788869940 dmg weapon (hi2u Titan Quest).

Yeah, this and in Diablo 3 on console when you have people dumping legendaries all over the plays that are broken / duped as they log are the only time it really bugs me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This thread is so weird. Half of you are saying the game is essentially unplayable (especially online) and the other are saying it's fun as hell and well worth $40.

Well, which is it? Because a barely playable bug riddled mess is not worth $40. It's not even worth $5.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Definitely don't buy it then, it's a huge dumpster fire right now.

It technically functions in offline mode, unless you are unlucky enough to get your quest progress reset or your save file corrupted. But even then a ton of skills don't function as described, or even some at all (minions for example just do not work, they have essentially 0 AI and don't move or attack at all usually).

It'd be less of a hilarious shame if the game wasn't actually fun, but the core of it in terms of combat/visuals/audio and just playing it is pretty good.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This thread is so weird. Half of you are saying the game is essentially unplayable (especially online) and the other are saying it's fun as hell and well worth $40.

Well, which is it? Because a barely playable bug riddled mess is not worth $40. It's not even worth $5.

Some people, including me, enjoy gamebreaking bugs and exploits.

That feeling of doing something that you aren't intended to do is pretty nice I guess.

Kenshi is a good example of this also. I enjoyed botting D3, while I hardly cared about playing it myself.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Definitely don't buy it then, it's a huge dumpster fire right now.

It technically functions in offline mode, unless you are unlucky enough to get your quest progress reset or your save file corrupted. But even then a ton of skills don't function as described, or even some at all (minions for example just do not work, they have essentially 0 AI and don't move or attack at all usually).

It'd be less of a hilarious shame if the game wasn't actually fun, but the core of it in terms of combat/visuals/audio and just playing it is pretty good.

I'm not impressed with bladestorm ability at all, can't fuckin spin to win? WTH is going on with the world.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Some people like getting shit shoveled into their mouths and then wonder why so much of the gaming industry is a mess. "Well worth $40! Please continue supporting these kind of development tactics!" as another Early Access pile of shit starts trending on Twitch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IMO its more fun than D3, although lacking the Blizzard polish. I for one would rather play a fun game thats lacking in polish than a polished up game lacking in fun.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Apparently one of the devs posted in the discord that they're going to 'take action' against people who abused dupes and stuff, and said they recommend not trading with people just in case, lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like it will be fun in a year or 2.

Fixed. Although, that depends on the devs. Based off of how "far" they got in 5+ years of development, I wouldn't put much faith into it.

IMO its more fun than D3, although lacking the Blizzard polish. I for one would rather play a fun game thats lacking in polish than a polished up game lacking in fun.

And that's a reasonable position to take. Buggy/messy games can still, at their core, be "fun". The question being asked is if that "fun" is worth $40 and I think the answer to that is a resounding no.

Games that are in a barely serviceable "early access" (and face it, this game should still be in EA) state aren't worth $40. In fact, I'd argue no EA title is worth that kind of cash. You're essentially paying the developers for the ability to beta test their game, with the caveat that you get to keep it if it ever actually "releases".

Kenshi is a buggy mess of a game that was an absolute blast to play and got mentioned here. The difference is, I paid $12 for Kenshi.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fixed. Although, that depends on the devs. Based off of how "far" they got in 5+ years of development, I wouldn't put much faith into it.

And that's a reasonable position to take. Buggy/messy games can still, at their core, be "fun". The question being asked is if that "fun" is worth $40 and I think the answer to that is a resounding no.

Games that are in a barely serviceable "early access" (and face it, this game should still be in EA) state aren't worth $40. In fact, I'd argue no EA title is worth that kind of cash. You're essentially paying the developers for the ability to beta test their game, with the caveat that you get to keep it if it ever actually "releases".

Kenshi is a buggy mess of a game that was an absolute blast to play and got mentioned here. The difference is, I paid $12 for Kenshi.

LOL, so dont fucking buy it i dont give a shit. This game is far from being barely serviceable. Unless you were one dead set on playing online, and then well you have a point, but its not like you could not play the game to its fullest in offline mode. But wahtevs, people have a different tolerance for this shit. If you need the 99% perfect bug free game experience with everything working perfect then Blizzard and the vanilla shit is that a way.

Khane

That's hardly a fair assessment. People in this very thread have talked about skills that are broken, useless, don't work as intended. Act 2 and 3 being mostly placeholder content outside of the on rails main questline and Act 1 being the only real complete Act. Dupes, Character progress resetting (even in offline mode) etc, etc, etc. Online not being available is a HUGE problem when it comes to a game like this because one of it's biggest draws is going to be co-op.

By all accounts the game barely works but can be fun if you pick one of the few builds that is actually implemented and don't mind the glaring bugs (and they are glaring). Pyros beat the game in about 8 hours apparently and there is no end game yet so no real replayability. This isn't a game yet, and it's very clear it's not worth $40 and that's part of Kirun's point. A lot of people seem to not care about being a discerning customer when it comes to games these days and it allows developers like this, to "release" games in this kind of a state.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I will spend my $40 the way I see fit. In fact im looking forward to going home and firing it up.

Khane

Of course, but you're recommending a crappy product to other people and being disingenuous about the state of the game as it stands right now.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Every post I made in this thread was IMO, and stated as such. If you're gonna go out and buy something without investigating it yourself first, then you deserve a shit sandwich.

I did not buy this game based off some dudes opinion in here. I watched about 8 hours of twitch streams while bored fri and sat.