Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Of course, but you're recommending a crappy product to other people and being disingenuous about the state of the game as it stands right now.
I will spend my $40 the way I see fit. In fact im looking forward to going home and firing it up.
I think there are a few other threads where it was covered in the past. Mko has a notorious history of loving and carrying water for pretty dodgy shit show games. Enough so, that without thinking, I automatically start to sour on any new game he's gushing over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Saw this game for the first time at a friends place tonight, cool lightning visuals. Friend logged into his nr 5-something char, was going to show me his stash he’d been grinding today. All gone, including the purchase of the stash windows. wtf, is this real?

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw this game for the first time at a friends place tonight, cool lightning visuals. Friend logged into his nr 5-something char, was going to show me his stash he’d been grinding today. All gone, including the purchase of the stash windows. wtf, is this real?

Oh it's real alright.

• 1Blown
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think there are a few other threads where it was covered in the past. Mko has a notorious history of loving and carrying water for pretty dodgy shit show games. Enough so, that without thinking, I automatically start to sour on any new game he's gushing over.

Hmm, only ones off the top of my head are anthem, SW battlefront, and now this. Yep anthem turned out dog shit. I still play some SW battlefront, its super fun for a hour or two here and there (probabaly have some 500 hrs in it) and this game does not even compare to the mess Anthem admittedly was. Although it is a mess, just a smaller mess.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, only ones off the top of my head are anthem, SW battlefront, and now this. Yep anthem turned out dog shit. I still play some SW battlefront, its super fun for a hour or two here and there (probabaly have some 500 hrs in it) and this game does not even compare to the mess Anthem admittedly was. Although it is a mess, just a smaller mess.

Considering online play is borked (limited now) and 90% of the skill trees do not even function correctly, I'd say this is definitely on par with Anthem at least from a game perspective.

The only argument that could be made here is that Anthem had hundreds of millions of dollars and this didn't - but they launched officially in the same state when comparing apples to apples albeit a different genre across all bugs and issues currently plaguing it.

• 1Salty

Caliane

I feel like I am going to stop playing. I enjoyed it well enough. but so many damn gamebreaking bugs. I don't want to hit one of the character deletion or game locking ones.
I really expect a character wipe sooner then later as well.

I think I will go play some more Starsector, and come back to this at a later date.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
90% of the skill trees do not even function correctly

Citation needed because thats not what Im experiencing. Some nodes might be bugged but I have played a melee and a ranged gun dude and all skills are working for me correct at least up till like lv40ish. Youre just regurgitatiing some bullshit (lol 90%) you heard on the net with no empirical evidence. Like you always do.

I also have 2 characters on line and non have ever lost any items. But I could be jsut a lucky one since im hearing it does happen, but they usually come back upon relog or after a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Spell caster trees are pretty borked.

And I don't understand the point of ailments. They do such garbage damage as compared to the ranged/melee skills and just stacking more +material and critical chance/damage.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Spell caster trees are pretty borked.

And I don't understand the point of ailments. They do such garbage damage as compared to the ranged/melee skills and just stacking more +material and critical chance/damage.

LOl ailments are OP, go watch RaizQT build where he fucks with ailments. He took down the first act boss before he could do any of his one shot moves. I think it matters what skills you chose because some like shock and ice dont really do ailment dmg. But the fireball, poison, and the aether stuff does so you can scale those up. He was one shotting packs with that aether void looking circle thing on the ground where it sucks up mobs to the center. Then the fireball was his go to for bosses and majors. Plus later on certain attacks can be switched, like that aether ray attack can be switched over to poison. There are probably others.

He wasnt really fucking with melee either just a pure caster, but you could pair a melee attack along with his builds for a hybrid and use some of those ailments too like rend.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, I need someone to explain to me how it works. Because I just see 20 damage listed at like a 40% proc rate with all of my points into wisdom and I don't see how it gets better really when spinning blades of overpowered are critting for 25-30K at my shitty level 40.

And now Quin is freezing his game with his procs, but I don't know what most of his damage is coming from either other than the buggered shield node.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The 'endgame' is some crazy shit... I had no idea there was this stuff with building buildings and such

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The end game is maps and that's it, repeatable maps you add mods to and go +1 level when you win with no other overarching objective, which gets boring pretty fast. I am questioning why he brought up the fact that d3 and poe also have a lot of maps.
This is incorrect, maybe you haven't played the game? Endgame in Wolcen -is- pretty basic at the moment, this is true, but running the "maps" has a purpose beyond just running them to get to the next tier. The City system they have is fairly generic, but it links with running those maps so you can make other passive progression for your character. If after a year this same level of interaction exists between City and Maps, then yea, it would be shitty. If you're just running maps to run maps, then you're playing stupidly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're working towards atlas completion, spawning conquerors, awakener, uber elder etc. as an objective of maps. So you're right this is much closer to rifts in d3 which people get bored of and quit in 3 days of a new season.
Trying to compare PoE as it exists today to Wolcen at release is fairly stupid. What did PoE have the first month it was released? Oh, right... it was shit. It is amazing now after years of dedicated development. I doubt Wolcen will ever attain that level awesomeness, but don't try to shit on the game because it lacks what PoE has currently. ;p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well, I need someone to explain to me how it works. Because I just see 20 damage listed at like a 40% proc rate with all of my points into wisdom and I don't see how it gets better really when spinning blades of overpowered are critting for 25-30K at my shitty level 40.

And now Quin is freezing his game with his procs, but I don't know what most of his damage is coming from either other than the buggered shield node.

Starts about the [5hr mark] where he starts playing online. Before this he was playing offline figuring the shit out. Good thing is RaizQT kinda tells you all about his thought process in builds. I know its a long watch but if you want ailments its a must watch. You can of course FF through the fighting and shit to where hes thinking out loud about his build. You can even watch his offline shit when he was figuring shit out too.

Hes also fully investing into WIs, imagine when he finds out what ferocity does with crit and crit chance, lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOl ailments are OP, go watch RaizQT build where he fucks with ailments. He took down the first act boss before he could do any of his one shot moves. I think it matters what skills you chose because some like shock and ice dont really do ailment dmg. But the fireball, poison, and the aether stuff does so you can scale those up. He was one shotting packs with that aether void looking circle thing on the ground where it sucks up mobs to the center. Then the fireball was his go to for bosses and majors. Plus later on certain attacks can be switched, like that aether ray attack can be switched over to poison. There are probably others.

He wasnt really fucking with melee either just a pure caster, but you could pair a melee attack along with his builds for a hybrid and use some of those ailments too like rend.
Using "Ailments" to describe Debuffs/CC's and DoT's is a poor choice, imo. The only "ailments" that do damage (after the initial direct dmg hit) are all DoT's: Rend (Bleed), Toxic (Poison), Fire (Burn), Lightning (Shock). None of the Occult ailments do DoT damage for some reason.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just curious if someone is a longtime poe fan what does this game offer that is different/fresh?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how many of streamers like Quin and DatModz will quit once bane of tyranny is fixed, lol.