Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You're working towards atlas completion, spawning conquerors, awakener, uber elder etc. as an objective of maps. So you're right this is much closer to rifts in d3 which people get bored of and quit in 3 days of a new a season.

LOL let compare POE which has almost 10 yrs of content and multiple reworks of the end game, not to mention layers and layers of past leagues to a indie title that just came out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well he does have a point that D3 endgame is pretty boring and gets stale very quick, so if Wolcen is copying that model it's not a great sign.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Well, if you're saying that you're having a blast with the end game at least mention what the end game is.

• 1Seriously?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well he does have a point that D3 endgame is pretty boring and gets stale very quick, so if Wolcen is copying that model it's not a great sign.

Grim Dawns end game is even weaker, some would say non existant comparing it to D3 or POE yet people play the shit out of that for 100s of hours.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Basically treat this one like a early release.

But its not. Like, I am with Utnayan Utnayan here. If you guys keep giving them money it just makes people make shit like this in the future. More Wolcens. More No Man Skys. Yes, it might turn around to be a great game in 1-2 years when everything is fixed, but it's also going to be half the price then too.

If you're buying this shit, you're complicit in this behavior, which would not be tolerated in any other product. Yes there's a lot of shit products, but imagine buying a TV where the apps only worked half the time, or that it randomly forgot the profile and you had to re-sign into everything. There would be riots.

Edit: I'm very excited to have more ARPGs and this was a clear buy for me and me and my friend were going to play it next week at a lan party, but after the state of the game and everything I've read we're both holding off and just will buy it in the future and play something else instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Games like this one and Grim dawn rely on build variety that D3 simply does not have. So you build up characters, either by others builds or your own, and then you see how far you can take them until they shit the bed. Then you either tweak it and try again, or start over with a different build and see if the new one can go farther.

POE is a different beast all together. Because it has an in game economy so people do all sorts of shit in that game for "end game" everythign from farming maps for rare items worth a lot, make boss killers to farm other shit to sell, some dont even play and just play the market.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
They probably spent more money sponsoring streamers to play this than another few months of dev time would cost.

• 1Truth!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol you guys can call it what you want. A new ARPG has been released and people are coming to this thread to try and figure out if it's worth buying

To those people: its not

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You're working towards atlas completion, spawning conquerors, awakener, uber elder etc. as an objective of maps. So you're right this is much closer to rifts in d3 which people get bored of and quit in 3 days of a new season.

Atlas completion is effectively no different than maxing out grift level or what it's called in Wolcen… What's the difference between going from t1 to t5 maps and going from lvl 70 to lvl 97 on the wolcen expeditions? Wolcen also has boss fights I believe. I dunno, I saw a few different types of items drop in the streams I watched that seemed to open up boss fights and possibly other things?

LOL let compare POE which has almost 10 yrs of content and multiple reworks of the end game, not to mention layers and layers of past leagues to a indie title that just came out.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't around back when the end game of PoE was group Piety runs or docks mf groups. Or when act 4 was released and the end game switched to group dried lake runs or Malachai runs. Or when the end-game was spending every bit of currency you had praying to get at least an equal tier map back after you finally managed to get a mid-tier map or you won the lotto and got a cartography box in one of those upper mid-tier maps and spent a fortune rolling so you could get like 8 of those upper mid tier maps back. Etc.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't around back when the end game of PoE was group Piety runs or docks mf groups. Or when act 4 was released and the end game switched to group dried lake runs or Malachai runs. Or when the end-game was spending every bit of currency you had praying to get at least an equal tier map back after you finally managed to get a mid-tier map or you won the lotto and got a cartography box in one of those upper mid-tier maps and spent a fortune rolling so you could get like 8 of those upper mid tier maps back. Etc.

No, I wasn't around for that era of poe, sounds like it had as much depth as this end game but also fewer bugs and free.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah good luck trying to play POE in any serious manner for free. Its a one time cost per account, but if you're gonna play this every league or even semi serious you need those stash tabs. Youre not getting far with the 4 they give you plus none of the ones they give you are trade tabs. Unless you play SSF or some shit. Avg price to get all set up is $40-$60 depending on bundles and deals.

BTW, I gave them about $200 so far and this is over many leagues, but I tend to think that if you're gonna play a game like POE and not contribute, I consider you a scrub.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Paying to play poe is fine because you can free play it to see if it's worth playing. This game you have to ask or watch someone else play. Do you not understand that difference?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Paying to play poe is fine because you can free play it to see if it's worth playing. This game you have to ask or watch someone else play. Do you not understand that difference?

Sure I do, but I also think that its asinine to think that all games should be F2P. BTW you can do the same with this game. Buy it, play ,it and if you're not satisfied get a refund. Steam is good like that.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I wonder if that patch will break more things as well as fix some. It seems like it could be on the table with this team of devs.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Sure I do, but I also think that its asinine to think that all games should be F2P. BTW you can do the same with this game. Buy it, play ,it and if you're not satisfied get a refund. Steam is good like that.

All games don't need to be f2p, all games also aren't this questionable in its quality and worth to people.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I finished the main plotline and the most notable thing that occurs to me is that I never really made use of the Apocalyptic forms other when forced by plot. In fact I used it so infrequently that whenever I DID use it I was just button mashing while I used it to cheat death.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
All games don't need to be f2p, all games also aren't this questionable in its quality and worth to people.

Quality is one thing but 'worth to people' is a retard metric. $60 games that offer a 10 hour story are worth less than nothing to me yet people eat those kind of games up all the time and rave about how amazing they are.

As far as quality, like I mentioned earlier, tons of games launch with shitloads of bugs and massive server issues, or hacks running rampant within 30 minutes of launch, etc. If they fix all the major bugs in the next couple weeks then this shit will be no different than a solid majority of launches of other games in the past 10 years.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL that patch fixes the shield bug where it multiplies your dmg based on your block value. LOL, most of the streamers I see play this are exploiting the shit out of that to stack dmg to ridiculous levels, one youtube dude was getting bursts of 600K dmg/sec or some shit liek that. He was inst melting bosses. So I wonder what they will play after this is fixed. Im betting most will quit playing, lol.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Quality is one thing but 'worth to people' is a retard metric. $60 games that offer a 10 hour story are worth less than nothing to me yet people eat those kind of games up all the time and rave about how amazing they are.

He was talking about quality as worth not play time as worth. Quality with regards to worth can always be objectively tied to a dollar amount 99% of the time unless you are dealing with folks like mkopec mkopec that frankly don't care about quality as long as there is a new game in his favorite genre and he can loot shit and the game play is decent enough. (Regardless of if anything actually even works under the hood. As long as he can click button, kill, loot, at 60 Fps in an ARPG that's all he cares about)

Last edited:
  • 1Salty