Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game is a lot of fun, and I've gotten my moneys worth from it, and I still play.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Blaming their provider for 1 patch per week is one of lamest excuses I have ever heard.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Being these guys are from France I am surprised they haven't surrendered already.

Oh boy

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I held off as long as I could, but several nights in a row of clicking through my Steam library and not finding anything I wanted to play eventually lead to me buying this fucking thing last night. I only played a couple of hours and didn't have any issues, but I'm sure I'll rage the moment I do.

Yes, I'm part of the problem. I read ALL the reviews and comments here and such, and I still ended up buying it. I know I will probably hit a bug where all my progress gets wiped or something, and I'll quit for a few months until it gets fixed, and it will be on sale for 1/4 the price, but god damn if it doesn't scratch the itch for the time being :(

I need help, obviously.

And??? Is it fun so far?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a buggy broken mess but I am still having fun with it. Prolly won't play it past the weekend but made it up to level 69! Doing ZiggyD's hybrid caster/pistol Havoc Orb build. In like 6-12 months this can definitely become a pretty damn decent game. For now it's uh...well if you have money to throw around go nuts. You'll get some fun out of it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
And??? Is it fun so far?
Yes, it is loads of fun. I am probably close to being done with Act I now, and I'm really enjoying it. No bugs that I've discovered yet either.

However, I can say that I hope there are a lot more skills that I haven't seen yet, and/or that a lot of the higher level unlocks for them drastically change how they work, because right now (level 16'ish?) I've got maybe 7-8 or so skills that I can choose my 5 from, and I don't ever seem to see any others. Maybe that will change, but if I never get to choose from more skills, I might get a little tired of these. I know I could go find a list of all the skills easily, but I've purposely avoided looking at anything like that. I just have played so much Grim Dawn that has over a dozen different skills per class, and about a dozen classes, that it seems kind of restrictive to only have 8'ish for every melee character (unless you go daggers).

Still, I'm having a lot of fun, the gameplay is good (at least melee) and this is one of the rare games where I actually watch the cut scenes, because it quite clearly stole heavily from Warhammer 40K. And I'm ok with that. The cut scene I watched last night, the "dad" dude (Heimlock I think?) was wearing the most ridiculous shoulder pads (WH40K style, not WoW), and it was glorious! But like I said, I know there is a huge chance I'll hit a bug that wipes all my progress out, and I might not jump right back into it if that happens, so take that how you will.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes, it is loads of fun. I am probably close to being done with Act I now, and I'm really enjoying it. No bugs that I've discovered yet either.

However, I can say that I hope there are a lot more skills that I haven't seen yet, and/or that a lot of the higher level unlocks for them drastically change how they work, because right now (level 16'ish?) I've got maybe 7-8 or so skills that I can choose my 5 from, and I don't ever seem to see any others. Maybe that will change, but if I never get to choose from more skills, I might get a little tired of these. I know I could go find a list of all the skills easily, but I've purposely avoided looking at anything like that. I just have played so much Grim Dawn that has over a dozen different skills per class, and about a dozen classes, that it seems kind of restrictive to only have 8'ish for every melee character (unless you go daggers).

Still, I'm having a lot of fun, the gameplay is good (at least melee) and this is one of the rare games where I actually watch the cut scenes, because it quite clearly stole heavily from Warhammer 40K. And I'm ok with that. The cut scene I watched last night, the "dad" dude (Heimlock I think?) was wearing the most ridiculous shoulder pads (WH40K style, not WoW), and it was glorious! But like I said, I know there is a huge chance I'll hit a bug that wipes all my progress out, and I might not jump right back into it if that happens, so take that how you will.

Dont worry the skills dont work anyway :p

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is kinda why I stopped playing. Had a ton of fun but i lucked out and the build I randomly spec'd into used some of hte bugged/OP skills. Now that they're nerfing/patching the stuff, and skills like pets are still useless I'm just gonna hold off until things get adjusted. Either that or I'll just be done with the game and move on to other things ^^.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Which skill does not work? Because I tried like 75% and they all work. Quit reading reddit shitposts and come here like some sort of expert on a fucking game you dont even play, never will play. Its sad and pathetic dude.

The problem is the balance of those skills vs others. Some are just miles ahead of others. So yes you will not be doing 187 rifts with some skills util they balance them. From what I tried so far any ailment build is OP, including casters melee and rogues.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is kinda why I stopped playing. Had a ton of fun but i lucked out and the build I randomly spec'd into used some of hte bugged/OP skills. Now that they're nerfing/patching the stuff, and skills like pets are still useless I'm just gonna hold off until things get adjusted. Either that or I'll just be done with the game and move on to other things ^^.

Problem with pets right now is there is no way to scale them, they just dont scale with any of your shit.

Also my dude got nerfed as I was using that broken shield node that multiplied your dmg by yoru block value. But last night I switched up to a 2H, fired up bladestorm and im right back where I was.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The problem is the balance of those skills vs others. Some are just miles ahead of others. So yes you will not be doing 187 rifts with some skills util they balance them.

Which is not really different than any arpg. If you just dick around on the passive tree and use the bad skills in PoE you're not going to be doing end-game. You might not even make it to red maps. Grim dawn, if you put 5 points in every skill and try to use a variety build instead of maxing one or two and a bunch of passives to help them then i'm assuming you're going to have a bad time too (maybe i'm wrong on this one). I haven't played d3 in years but i'd guess it's the same, it was back after RoS came out and I was playing it for sure.

Caliane

the problem is basically all the skills scale in the same exact way. you got either ailments or hits/second periodic damage.

This is really bad in spells.
Anomoly. aoe ground periodic.
Bulwark of dawn. aoe ground periodic.
Tear of eth. aoe ground periodic.
winters grasp. aoe ground periodic.
parasite. aoe ground periodic.

basically ever mage build ends up taking 3-4 of the aoe ground periodic spells, casting them all at once, and letting them deal massive aoe damage every .3s, or same but with stacking ailments.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

There is 40 skills in the game right now, and yes for pure warrior/mage/ranger builds there is only so many you can use, dmg wise. But the beauty of this system is when you start using skills from the other archetype to mix and match. All you need to do is equip a weapon to do so. Then all of a sudden your playing ping pong back and forth with your resources using different skills. So like a gun toting mage can use all of the rogues abilities and the mages abilities which both rely on opposite resources.

There is also items in the game which can roll that lets you use different abilities from other archetypes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
the problem is basically all the skills scale in the same exact way. you got either ailments or hits/second periodic damage.

This is really bad in spells.
Anomoly. aoe ground periodic.
Bulwark of dawn. aoe ground periodic.
Tear of eth. aoe ground periodic.
winters grasp. aoe ground periodic.
parasite. aoe ground periodic.

basically ever mage build ends up taking 3-4 of the aoe ground periodic spells, casting them all at once, and letting them deal massive aoe damage every .3s, or same but with stacking ailments.

Yeah I heard that spell dmg does not really scale well. And this is the problem with pets, they dont scale with anything I dont think.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Which skill does not work? Because I tried like 75% and they all work. Quit reading reddit shitposts and come here like some sort of expert on a fucking game you dont even play, never will play. Its sad and pathetic dude.

The problem is the balance of those skills vs others. Some are just miles ahead of others. So yes you will not be doing 187 rifts with some skills util they balance them. From what I tried so far any ailment build is OP, including casters melee and rogues.

This dude just gave up and stopped lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Let me break out the calculator and do the math quick easily on broken passives and abilities combined of which most you have no clue about because you are not doing the testing.

1582315884639.png

Crap. One sec.

Now, let me define broken since it seems I may have to. 1) Doesn't function at all. 2) Functions but doesn't do what it is supposed to do. 3) Breaks something else. 4) The passives attached break the ability completely. 5) The passives attached break the ability to a certain extent. 6) The passives break the game when activated (lol). 7) The Passives do not give the proper bonus structure. 8) The passives activate on the wrong ability.

This is all encompassing as what is termed "Broken".

At a ratio currently of break fix, expect 20% of the bugs to be fixed each patch (every week) while introducing 12% new ones. Doing the math that is 8% differential in a positive fix ratio. So roughly in 3-4 months, this should reach critical ship levels and they can start on half the features they promised and reached in kickstarter goals after they achieved that funding.

Viva la pew.

1582316383481.png

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Let me break out the calculator and do the math quick easily on broken passives and abilities combined of which most you have no clue about because you are not doing the testing.

View attachment 250453

Crap. One sec.
yeo and you sure do How many hours have you spent reading the wolcen reddit? A game you dont even play and have no plan to play. Its the same shit with you Ut, same shit for fucking years, internet warrior spending hours saving people form spending 2 jacksons, lol. Ive earned 2 jacksons going down the hall today and taking a piss.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You should buy the game and play it. form your own opinion, until then all this reddit shit is no more than heresay. 90% of it from idiots that could not game their way out of a paper bag.

Is there passives that ae broken? Yep is it 90%? nope, more like 8-10% because shit even on that list he has is not right, like the additive +% values. those are not supposed to be multipliers. This game relies heavily on flat dmg multipliers on gear and weapons to scale dmg. Im getting 2 handers now with 30-100 flat dmg suffix at lv 52, and they can roll with more than one. shit can roll on rings and amulet as well and added gems for more flat dmg on weapons.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You should buy the game and play it. form your own opinion, until then all this reddit shit is no more than heresay. 90% of it from idiots that could not game their way out of a paper bag.

Is there passives that ae broken? Yep is it 90%? nope, more like 8-10% because shit even on that list he has is not right, like the additive +% values. those are not supposed to be multipliers. This game relies heavily on flat dmg multipliers on gear and weapons to scale dmg. Im getting 2 handers now with 30-100 flat dmg suffix at lv 52, and they can roll with more than one. shit can roll on rings and amulet as well and added gems for more flat dmg on weapons.

Sorry I can't I only make $5.00 every time I get up to take a piss. I need to spend wisely.