Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sorry I can't I only make $5.00 every time I get up to take a piss. I need to spend wisely.

Thats too bad then, I guess its back to F2P games for you then. Or go to reddit to find more gotchas! to post in here, lol.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thats too bad then, I guess its back to F2P games for you then. Or go to reddit to find more gotchas! to post in here, lol.

Odyssey right now and then I know you want me to get this so we can play because you miss me. If Coop worked I might be inclined.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im good, I heard your drunken singing before. Im mostly a solo type player anyway.

BTW nothing wrong with co-op.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bought it. Played a couple hours (well under the Steam allotted time to return).

Game had massive frame spikes for me. Went from like 30FPS to 95FPS. Also the input lag was too high for me to ignore.

Definitely can see why people are willing to put up with the bugs. Gorgeous game. Good feel to the combat. Simplicity, yet depth to the working passives.

I returned it because of the input lag and frame spikes. Gsync made it even more noticeable. Will try again when peeps say the game is over most of the technical issues.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
did they ban people for using the gold dupe? if not im done with this was gonna use it but didnt wanna get banned

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Something tells me they don't have any good cheat detection or the personnel/bandwidth to actively ban players yet. Not to mention that banning people after this disaster of a launch will almost assuredly spell the end for the game.

It's more likely they will do a character wipe after they've sorted most of the bugs out.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Something tells me they don't have any good cheat detection or the personnel/bandwidth to actively ban players yet. Not to mention that banning people after this disaster of a launch will almost assuredly spell the end for the game.

It's more likely they will do a character wipe after they've sorted most of the bugs out.

i highly doubt that, i put in for a refund, doubt ill get it tho i bought it to support them 4-5 years ago now

I can only imagine its not that hard to figure out a way to see who duped for their gold they didnt ban for a reason, either it was hard and they couldent figure it out due to lack of knowledge or what, or they didnt wanna lose any of the player base so they let it slide not realizing how much of an advantage it gives you based off their way of end game through the city

yeah they didnt wanna lose any numbers to their population because i bet most people took advantage of it... i wish i would have i almost said fuck it but i had some small hope they would ban but i shoulda known better ive abused shit like this in the past and never been banned for it, guess in my old age i thought twice because i wasnt gonna rebuy it if i got banned, but shoulda just did it knowing even with cheating like that the game wont hold me for years so might as well have fun with it and move on lol now im stuck with it and if i get the 20$ back well that aint shit, and theres not much else i wanna play been waiting on this hoping it wouldent be a super shit show like it has been

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don’t think they have the database skills to even properly figure out who to ban and what to take away.

How many skills were bought and turned into affinity?
How many items had their sockets rerolled?
How much of the city was built with illicit gold?

There is no way they can get this information effectively with how often their database servers shit the bed.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don’t think they have the database skills to even properly figure out who to ban and what to take away.

There is no way they can get this information effectively with how often their database servers shit the bed.

yeah it is what it is, i dont even care at this point ill take my 20$ and put it into poe for the next league, i think steam will give me a refund

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

They'll probably just ban anyone who has over 20m or whatever. Or well not ban them but delete the gold/delete the character depending on how they feel about it. If you duped a fair amount then spent it you'd probably be fine I highly doubt they have any sort of detailed history of the logs, they'll just check who has stupid amounts of money no one can legit have and deal with that. If they even bother, it's not like they didn't have other bugs anyway.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even Bioware had the tools to go after everyone for SWTOR's stack dupe but they half-assed punishing that and killed the economy. Then they had a couple more dupes later too.

Small indy company ain't gonna do jack to the clever exploiters, only the idiots.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I did more QA with that dupe than they did on their entire game.

It crashes 100% if you reach a 13th digit in your cold count.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did more QA with that dupe than they did on their entire game.

It crashes 100% if you reach a 13th digit in your cold count.
So the game crashes when you get a trillion gold? That isn't possible without duping, so I think that is a nice touch on part of the devs. I'd go further and brick the game. =)

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought it. Played a couple hours (well under the Steam allotted time to return).

Game had massive frame spikes for me. Went from like 30FPS to 95FPS. Also the input lag was too high for me to ignore.

Definitely can see why people are willing to put up with the bugs. Gorgeous game. Good feel to the combat. Simplicity, yet depth to the working passives.

I returned it because of the input lag and frame spikes. Gsync made it even more noticeable. Will try again when peeps say the game is over most of the technical issues.
Did you try offline play by any chance? While the servers were down I went through the Story and some endgame while offline. Gameplay was smooth, not as nice as D3, but almost. While I was going through the Story online, there was a noticeable difference in gameplay smoothness, especially with bosses where I would see quite a bit of desync going on. If they can get online combat as smooth as offline, I'd like it more.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Did you try offline play by any chance? While the servers were down I went through the Story and some endgame while offline. Gameplay was smooth, not as nice as D3, but almost. While I was going through the Story online, there was a noticeable difference in gameplay smoothness, especially with bosses where I would see quite a bit of desync going on. If they can get online combat as smooth as offline, I'd like it more.

No. I did not.

I actually have kept playing it since they patched it though. Since Valve hasn't responded to my refund request as of yet. Though the patching fixed some bugs, it didn't fix my dipping. BUT, I went thru all the video settings, and Vysnc on with AA for some reason was creating the dips in frame. I think Freesync doesn't want to see below a certain frame rate and causes problems also. So my technical issues are gone as of now.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The ARPG addict in me finally succumbed so I bought it last night. The game is okay and once they fix all the issues it should be much more enjoyable. My attitude would probably be different if I got it day 1. I finished Act 1 and was getting my shit pushed in by the last boss during his 3rd phase. The only bugs I came across is untargetable mobs and some items in my inventory getting stuck and cannot remove or sell them that forced me to log out to fix it. I have yet to experience any game breaking bugs like others have experienced. The graphics and sound is top notch but the controls are kind of clunky. It's not good as D3s and even PoE's seems better than Wolcen's. Combat is not as fluid and responsive as I would like it to be. At times I find myself mashing a button just to activate a skill. It could be due to an animation lock? I dunno. The skill tree design is fine. Not overly complex like PoE or dumb down like D3. Seemed like they tried to create a simplified version of PoE skill tree. I still say Last Epoch has the best skill tree system in any ARPG ever. Hands down. I'll be back at this game in a few months to see how much they progressed. Hopefully they can do it

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So is there some kind of XP scaling? if a level 50 joins a game with a 90 do they get the xp rate of the 90 to get boosted up or do they stay at their own level's rate?